Madonna misses #1 for first time since 2000, "Empire" #1

Bailey

That is true. I just was sharing a comment that resonated with me about this particular project. 

Game just had to make it complicated, though.  :sigh:

Oh so you're complaining that Game makes this shit interesting? Just don't take the bait....play when you want to play, it's cute I do, I use him :coffee:

Teens aren't spending their money, because the 36+ year olds are buying it for them.  :yep:  :w00t:  :coffee:

Isn't that basically what I said?  :sigh:  :umm:

Oh so anywho, I find those stats questionable too, music sales, from what was video promotion to awards shows are targeted to a young audience, something about that demographic and being influenced by advertisers makes the teen to late 20's a very coveted group

Yall stay doing the most on this woman's corpse.

On other news, I'm avoiding the gay clubs this whole month Cuz they'll be spamming her latest mess.

Hitting the str8 clubs where everyone looks like a jersey Shore cast member to cleanse my ear Drums (at the cost of damaging my eyes and stomach, but it's gonna be worth it).

Oh so anywho, I find those stats questionable too, music sales, from what was video promotion to awards shows are targeted to a young audience, something about that demographic and being influenced by advertisers makes the teen to late 20's a very coveted group

Yes. Most music award shows are catered to the youth 18-26 Bc they are still forming an opinion on certain artists whereas you look at XYZ and be like "XYZ reminds me of ABC..."

The statistics don't lie people

Well let's put it this way... Madonna never really had a special talent to lose, so it's more maturity and poor decision making / taste on her part. Whereas Mariah lost her voice... So when The Voice loses her voice what's left?

I think more than the vocals, the problem is the album being pushed 2 years for pointless reasons that ended up hurting the era, and released it a year after the most popular song on the album, the single releases were way too spaced apart, and 3 different manager's in the span of 2yrs. That's why her album flopped so hard.

Well let's put it this way... Madonna never really had a special talent to lose, so it's more maturity and poor decision making / taste on her part. Whereas Mariah lost her voice... So when The Voice loses her voice what's left?

back rolls and some fierce shade.

Mariah tries to appeal to the young audience even more than Madonna, and she has been for years. Her lack of vocal ability has little to do with anything. You dnt have to have vocals to be successful.

Taylor Swift.

The reasons you all are saying as to why Madonna isnt succeeding applies to Mariah, just the same imo

Why would you release You're Mine after #Beautiful? Mariah flopped hard because as per usual in the last decade her follow up single was the wrong choice. If she'd released You Don't Know instead of YM then She may have sold a little bit more although would still have under performed overall. But that's theoretical. I doubt she'll sell more with the next album unless she works on her voice and has a slight image change.

She (or her label) fucked up with releasing Bye Bye and fucked up with releasing I Want To Know What Love Is. I'll be lovin you long time should have been a single much sooner than it was. And I don't even want to know what she was thinking with Triumphant. The remix SLAYED but who releases a feature for a "lead single"? Thank goodness it got demoted to "buzz" status. Releasing the right singles could have brought in an extra hundred copies :coffee:.

• Upvote 1

Why would you release You're Mine after #Beautiful? Mariah flopped hard because as per usual in the last decade her follow up single was the wrong choice. If she'd released You Don't Know instead of YM then She may have sold a little bit more although would still have under performed overall. But that's theoretical. I doubt she'll sell more with the next album unless she works on her voice and has a slight image change.

She (or her label) fucked up with releasing Bye Bye and fucked up with releasing I Want To Know What Love Is. I'll be lovin you long time should have been a single much sooner than it was. And I don't even want to know what she was thinking with Triumphant. The remix SLAYED but who releases a feature for a "lead single"? Thank goodness it got demoted to "buzz" status. Releasing the right singles could have brought in an extra hundred copies :coffee:.

Doesn't matter what she released after the duet... She took too long to release it. MC's fall happened due to the public not being interested in what she had to say

Buzz singles are just "forgotten" flops

Doesn't matter what she released after the duet... She took too long to release it. MC's fall happened due to the public not being interested in what she had to say

Buzz singles are just "forgotten" flops

She did take too long and then followed it up with a mediocre song at best. At least You Don't Know had more going for it. Still would have flopped but still...

Madonna's been flailing since hard candy. MDNA came and went and Rebel Heart seems to be doing the same. Madonna was never a great natural talent. Her gift was mixing commerce and art into one seemless package. In short, she needs hit makers and she needs to make catchier music that the everyone can relate too. She hasn't released a ballad in forever, so it would be nice to hear something slower from her.

• Upvote 1

Madonna's been flailing since hard candy. MDNA came and went and Rebel Heart seems to be doing the same. Madonna was never a great natural talent. Her gift was mixing commerce and art into one seemless package. In short, she needs hit makers and she needs to make catchier music that the everyone can relate too. She hasn't released a ballad in forever, so it would be nice to hear something slower from her.

GhostTown is her next single and is sort of ballady

The last paragraph of this article ain't nothing but 100% complete shade    Madonna’s new album is her worst-selling release in 20 years And it's only getting worse by the week...

ON MARCH 26, 2015, 8:20PM

screen-shot-2015-03-26-at-10-17-15-pm.pn

Madonna’s latest album Rebel Heart opened to the singer’s worst sales week in more than two decades, and the results were even worse for week two.

Rebel Heart, the pop star’s thirteenth studio album, sold 116,000 copies in its first week of release. For comparison, her previous album, 2012’s MDNA, debuted with 359,00 copies sold. In fact, you have to go all the way back to 1994’s Bedtime Stories to find a Madonna album that sold less albums in its first week of release. Rebel Heart is also the first of her albums not to debut at No. 1 since — yes, Bedtime Stories.

This week’s sales numbers were even worse. Only 22,800 copies of Rebel Heart were sold over the last seven days — a drop in sales of 80% — plummeting the album’s chart position from No. 2 to No. 22.

Industry insiders chalk up the poor sales numbers to the premature leaking of Rebel Heart. Several tracks from the album appeared online back in December, forcing Madonna to push up the album’s release by several months.

Also, with the release of MDNA, Madonna offered copies of the album as part of ticket packages for the supporting tour, which she then counted toward the total number of albums sold. She’s employed a similar tactic for her Rebel Heart tour, but because several of these shows have yet to go on sale, there are no sales numbers to be counted.

It also doesn’t help that Rebel Heart is receiving less than stellar reviews.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/03/rebel-heart-a-commercial-flop-madonnas-new-album-is-her-worst-selling-release-in-20-years/

sales does not equate to quality or the lack thereof...."Rebel Heart" is arguably Madonna's best album release in at least two.

They mentioned bad reviews unless you are about to pull a Stan card and say it's has great reviews which it doesn't with a score of 68 on Metacritic :coffee:

Oddly enough it has a better score than MDNA and Hard Candy