Nelly arrested and facing felony drug charges smh

JoeJoe

NASHVILLE (AP) — Rapper and reality TV star Nelly is facing felony drug charges after being arrested in Tennessee on Saturday.

Tennessee Highway Patrol said in a news release that Nelly, whose real name is Cornell Haynes, was pulled over about 9:20 a.m. because the bus he was riding in failed to display a U.S. Department of Transportation and International Fuel Tax Association sticker.

According to the release troopers smelled marijuana when they reached the bus.

When troopers searched the bus, they found five rocks that tested positive for meth, as well as a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

cc6bdb076aa26910730f6a706700aac8.jpgFILE- In this March 13, 2015, file photo, U.S. rapper Nelly performs in a concert in Irbil, northern Iraq. Nelly is facing felony drug charges after being arrested in Tennessee, Saturday, April 11, 2015, according to a Tennessee Highway Patrol news release. (AP Photo/Seivan M. Salim, File)

Troopers also say they found numerous handguns.

The St. Louis native is facing charges of felony possession of drugs, simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Nelly, 40, was taken to the Putnam County Jail

https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/rapper-reality-tv-star-nelly-arrested-drug-charges-014557768.html

Meth?? Nelly? Marijuana.. yeah,expected but he's the last rapper I would think fuck w/ meth ..

yeah that's the only thing that surprised me with this story was the meth. Coke I could even see but meth? That shit will str8 up kill you

Doesnt mean Nelly is using it though...just says it was found in the bus

THIS....you can roll with a crew that get down in ways you dont....If anything I suspect Nelly smoke weed, like millions do, so lawyer up, fight it down to some fines and move on. Did he test positive for meth use? Do they have evidence he even had anything in his system? If he was on a bus he wasnt alone, can he be held accountable for the actions of people working with or for him?

I'm sure I've drove through there. Thankfully no speeding tickets..

Yeah, if you have any color, it should always be a place to drive straight through. Don't stop unless you need to, otherwise wait until you get closer to Nashville (going West) or Knoxville (going East), lol.

Tennessee is one of the longest states to drive thru.  Luckily, I didn't get pulled over or had to stop in some po dunk area.  And trust me, it would have been near a city like Memphis, Knoxville, or Nashville.

I can't wait to leave this state. :sigh: As soon as I graduate, I'm on the first thing smoking out of here and out of the South, period. -_-

Where ya going? You should come West!

I was definitely thinking about going West either to Portland or Seattle, but I prefer California's weather, lol. Though, a big part of me has considered leaving the US completely. I'm not 100% sure yet which is why I'm going to be travelling the next two summers to see which place on my list feels most like a new home to me.

I was definitely thinking about going West either to Portland or Seattle, but I prefer California's weather, lol. Though, a big part of me has considered leaving the US completely. I'm not 100% sure yet which is why I'm going to be travelling the next two summers to see which place on my list feels most like a new home to me.

I can see you in any of those places, I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE Portland, I'm waiting for an excuse to go back. I didn't spend enough time in Seattle, just speant a night and left the next afternoon, but had lunch in downtown. And as for Cali, it's funny I didn't even really picture myself living here until I visited in 2010 and stayed for like 3 and half weeks, and fell in LOVE with virtually everything, so yes I very much support your journey, you'll find the place that's home for you.

• Upvote 1

I can see you in any of those places, I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE Portland, I'm waiting for an excuse to go back. I didn't spend enough time in Seattle, just speant a night and left the next afternoon, but had lunch in downtown. And as for Cali, it's funny I didn't even really picture myself living here until I visited in 2010 and stayed for like 3 and half weeks, and fell in LOVE with virtually everything, so yes I very much support your journey, you'll find the place that's home for you.

Well if I can count this as a vote in favor of Portland, then maybe I could be that excuse. :P I only visited once for a few days for some convention or something, but it was just a place I couldn't forget after all this time. I look forward to going back and just maybe I'll end up wanting to stay. :D Thanks so much. I hope I do. ^_^

• Upvote 1

Well if I can count this as a vote in favor of Portland, then maybe I could be that excuse. :P I only visited once for a few days for some convention or something, but it was just a place I couldn't forget after all this time. I look forward to going back and just maybe I'll end up wanting to stay. :D Thanks so much. I hope I do. ^_^

Definitely, and I'm a good excuse to come on down to the LA area, don't wanna brag but my tour guide skillz are pretty good after only 3 years of living here  ^_^. Yea with both places I forgot I only stayed over night when me & the fam did 1 of our cross country road trips, but I got a overall better feel for Portland because we got there in the day still, where's we got to Seattle late at night, and left the next afternoon, but yea Portland definitely left a imprint on me too, like I want to spend more time in both places but more so Portland. You're welcome, and if you happen to visit the LA area let ya bro know! :D

Definitely, and I'm a good excuse to come on down to the LA area, don't wanna brag but my tour guide skillz are pretty good after only 3 years of living here  ^_^. Yea with both places I forgot I only stayed over night when me & the fam did 1 of our cross country road trips, but I got a overall better feel for Portland because we got there in the day still, where's we got to Seattle late at night, and left the next afternoon, but yea Portland definitely left a imprint on me too, like I want to spend more time in both places but more so Portland. You're welcome, and if you happen to visit the LA area let ya bro know! :D

Sounds like a plan to me!! :D