Official "Unbreakable" album thread. What's your favorite song so far?

JoeJoe

someone explain "Lessons Learned"

I'm curious, too. It sounds like an abusive co-dependent relationship. It almost reminds me of her character from WDIGM/WDIGMT. She feels responsible for something in the relationship; he blames her, too, and becomes an alcoholic ("he's not himself when that record comes on"). She blames herself for the abuse from him, but they don't leave each other.

• Upvote 2

the harmonies alone!

I don't know I get a JD vibe to it.  They really loved each other but he was not truly right for Janet and Janet is admitting that she can tend to be codependent with lovers at times.  I don't think he beat her but definitely cheated on her and went out a lot without her and would drink and do his thing and leave her alone for long periods of time and she would always forgive him.  Now let's be fair JD did bring out a lot of great qualities in Janet.  Sometimes you try out a relationship because you think it's what you need and no matter how bad the relationship turns out the love is so hard to turn your back on especially if the makeup is so good.  This is me just summating.  JD wanted her to be something she wasn't and Janet just wanted to be loved and when she was able to move on she's asking JD if it's cool that she did.  I think she pulled a ghost breakup with JD.  She just disappeared and she feels bad at times still.  I mean JD got her to do things she would have never done.  Those are the lessons learned "to stay true to yourself".  

"He's not himself when that record plays on" can mean so many things!  1 of which could mean that JD was also tormented and didn't feel good enough for Janet but the fact was that it just wasn't a good match for the long haul. There's my analysis of the song. It was her first public relationship and they did the power couple thing but we all knew Janet was in too deep and blind to know how wrong he was for her. 

Edited by freexone9
  • Upvote 1

Um.....I can't listen to certain songs on public Transit, I was playing the album last night on the subway, and....after you fall made me miss my stop....it totally took me out of my head, I WENT 3 STOPS PAST WHERE I WAS SUPPOSE TO LOL. LUCKILY, that was going from work to home, that would've been annoying if it were when I was going to work...that would be annoying, so no touching Janet songs on public transits!!!...........who the hell am I kidding, Ima play them all I just gotta find away to not let it take me away lol.

• Upvote 3

I had to repost what I posted from the "Be Honest Who Cried?" thread when I saw that you said that song took you out of your head. Well "Take Me Away" has officially been the first song to make me cry since "Feels So Right". That guitar riff at the end just go to me. It took me to a beautiful place. I envisioned so much when it played. Takes me to where i'm in an open field looking at the bright blue sky with clouds and I see glimpses of this world. Then I just see Janet's face imprinted in the sky smiling and it's weird but it makes me feel like this is the last of what she's giving us before she leaves and it's beautiful. It's like this album she pretty much given all of herself and wants to explore whatever's left on this Earth she can until the world ends. It makes everything feel free and void. I'm in Euphoria. 

I had to repost what I posted from the "Be Honest Who Cried?" thread when I saw that you said that song took you out of your head. Well "Take Me Away" has officially been the first song to make me cry since "Feels So Right". That guitar riff at the end just go to me. It took me to a beautiful place. I envisioned so much when it played. Takes me to where i'm in an open field looking at the bright blue sky with clouds and I see glimpses of this world. Then I just see Janet's face imprinted in the sky smiling and it's weird but it makes me feel like this is the last of what she's giving us before she leaves and it's beautiful. It's like this album she pretty much given all of herself and wants to explore whatever's left on this Earth she can until the world ends. It makes everything feel free and void. I'm in Euphoria. 

TMA is everything. It's the song I've been waiting for and WT is just the icing on the cake 

• Upvote 2

I'm curious, too. It sounds like an abusive co-dependent relationship. It almost reminds me of her character from WDIGM/WDIGMT. She feels responsible for something in the relationship; he blames her, too, and becomes an alcoholic ("he's not himself when that record comes on"). She blames herself for the abuse from him, but they don't leave each other.

Im trying to get into the lyrics, I finally broke from "The Great Forever" and "Night" to get to the later tracks, "Lessons Learned" is beautiful

I don't know I get a JD vibe to it.  They really loved each other but he was not truly right for Janet and Janet is admitting that she can tend to be codependent with lovers at times.  I don't think he beat her but definitely cheated on her and went out a lot without her and would drink and do his thing and leave her alone for long periods of time and she would always forgive him.  Now let's be fair JD did bring out a lot of great qualities in Janet.  Sometimes you try out a relationship because you think it's what you need and no matter how bad the relationship turns out the love is so hard to turn your back on especially if the makeup is so good.  This is me just summating.  JD wanted her to be something she wasn't and Janet just wanted to be loved and when she was able to move on she's asking JD if it's cool that she did.  I think she pulled a ghost breakup with JD.  She just disappeared and she feels bad at times still.  I mean JD got her to do things she would have never done.  Those are the lessons learned "to stay true to yourself".  

"He's not himself when that record plays on" can mean so many things!  1 of which could mean that JD was also tormented and didn't feel good enough for Janet but the fact was that it just wasn't a good match for the long haul. There's my analysis of the song. It was her first public relationship and they did the power couple thing but we all knew Janet was in too deep and blind to know how wrong he was for her. 

I have somewhat of a hard time believing JD would be a subject she would speak on, she's such a private person, and we have a pretty good idea why they broke it off...I understand being codependent in relationships though, its a way of trying to control others....it doesn't work

I have somewhat of a hard time believing JD would be a subject she would speak on, she's such a private person, and we have a pretty good idea why they broke it off...I understand being codependent in relationships though, its a way of trying to control others....it doesn't work

We have no clue why they ended it 

That's the interpretation I get out of the lyrics even if we took JD out of the equation.  But let's say it is about JD at this point in her life I think Janet has changed in leaps and bounds and would be open to singing a song about their love and the dysfunctions that it created and just maybe this is Janet's way of reaching out to him.  I only say that if in fact Janet did pull a ghost breakup. The reason I thought of him was due to line Janet sings "He's not himself when that record plays on".....JD couldn't separate the music from Janet. It was always about the music for JD.  But we will never know will we? 

That's the interpretation I get out of the lyrics even if we took JD out of the equation.  But let's say it is about JD at this point in her life I think Janet has changed in leaps and bounds and would be open to singing a song about their love and the dysfunctions that it created and just maybe this is Janet's way of reaching out to him.  I only say that if in fact Janet did pull a ghost breakup. The reason I thought of him was due to line Janet sings "He's not himself when that record plays on".....JD couldn't separate the music from Janet. It was always about the music for JD.  But we will never know will we? 

I think you're taking the line "he's not himself when that record plays on" too literal.....it think that line means something else

Now I'm thinking I'm right.  Janet is telling him to remember the love.  Jermaine is so wrong for this if he goes forward with this.  

I think all JD is saying in the video is the Jacksons have been in the game for a very long time, and with Janet theres nothing you can do she hasn't seen, thats why if she candid enough her autobiography is going to slaayyyyyy!