Official "Unbreakable" album thread. What's your favorite song so far?

JoeJoe

I have been lost in Damita Jost all afternoon listening to the album...I really could not have asked for more :wub:

I think firm favourites for me are The Great Forever, Dream Maker, Lessons Learned, Black Eagle and Burn It Up. Broken Hearts Heal leaves a lump in my throat, as does her vulnerability in After You Fall.

I too wondered about LL lyrics...

Edited by vibeology

JD ain't gonna be doing no tell all no time soon. His ass would get sued up and I doubt he's the kind of person who would spill tea although he did go video clockin' Mariah for her diva attitude and pretty much said she thinks she's all that and can do whatever. He fucked Janet over and now he's simply a DJ and nothing else. He's not producing or anything.

JD ain't gonna be doing no tell all no time soon. His ass would get sued up and I doubt he's the kind of person who would spill tea although he did go video clockin' Mariah for her diva attitude and pretty much said she thinks she's all that and can do whatever. He fucked Janet over and now he's simply a DJ and nothing else. He's not producing or anything.

Rumour has it he's broke. Don't whether to believe that rumour though since he produced a lot of hits in the last 20 years. Surely those royalties are still coming in or are they not worth much these days?

Gon' Be Alright, there's nothing like it, it's incredible, and then learning allll the vocals you hear is her, it's crazy. And then it's so stupid funky, there's really nothing in her discog just like this. It's a major standout for me. PLUS I was raised on Sly & The Family Stone & ofcourse the Jackson5. This track is everything!!!

A close 2nd would be The Great Forever, with Night coming in 3rd

"Where mah cousin at? Where he be at?!" Yessssssss Ghettonet!

Edited by Escapade
  • Upvote 3

All of the songs on the album are pretty great minus burnitup, 2 b loved, and take me away. 2 b loved being the best out of those three.

Well Traveled and Night are my favs I think?

are you serious? Take Me Away is amazing especially the ending where the guitar just plays and you can tell Janet's feeling this song by the way she says "come on!" and "woooo!" before and while that guitar is doing it's thing. I think this song could do good on pop or I just want her to release it. It's not for an urban audience I don't think but I love it

• Upvote 1

Rumour has it he's broke. Don't whether to believe that rumour though since he produced a lot of hits in the last 20 years. Surely those royalties are still coming in or are they not worth much these days?

Those royalties won't do anything for him if no one's using the songs or spinning those records. If they don't get used then he doesn't get paid. Same way Janet's still collecting them checks from "Good Times" and all her movies every time they play them on tv

Where is this info that JD is just a DJ now??? 

Why would a producer just stop being a producer to be a DJ. Doesnt make since nor sounds believable unless he's juss taling a break. But Timbaland and other producers.started off as DJs and its something they still partake in after becoming well known producers 

Where is this info that JD is just a DJ now??? 

Why would a producer just stop being a producer to be a DJ. Doesnt make since nor sounds believable unless he's juss taling a break. But Timbaland and other producers.started off as DJs and its something they still partake in after becoming well known producers 

who's albums has he been producing since him and Janet broke up? He got mad when Usher wouldn't let him work on his new album. My homeboy Eddie just came from Vegas a few months ago and said JD was at the club he went to just spinning records DJ'ing and that's all he did the whole night. JD may have been very well living above his means. He's got kids and it's no secret the IRS was on his ass about his taxes that he owed and they seized a lot of his property

I've been playing "Night" and "2 B loved" a lot more. :wub: The happy/sexy beats and sweet lyrics have seeped in. It actually makes me wish I wasn't single. lol. "Night" takes me back to going out and meeting people at the bar/club, and "2 B loved" is that feeling of the first few months of dating.

"Night" because I can't even stop replaying it to listen to other songs. I went to bed late again listening to it. I'm so glad I'm on vacation :lol: 

I love that song too! It's giving me a SloLove vibe. Oh and why doesn't this site allow us to add images from urls anymore like it used to when it first updated. I can't even put youtube videos on here anymore