Beyonce - Lemonade [NEW ALBUM ON ITUNES NOW]

bu.

That's not how one presents Adele. She's not going to insta-release her body of work. 

Adele sold 8 million albums. No one can touch her and Beyonce hasn't had a #1 single in almost a decade 

Love Drought is a snoozer

So you agree that Adele could not do it :coffee:

I'll take a slaying stadium tour over #1 any day :filenails:. I'll take an entire album including an interlude charting on the hot 100 over one #1 single any day too. And she's just got her 6th #1 album - breaking a new record at that too. Without traditional promo, with a flop HBO special and no discounts or samsung deals :coffee: . 

Love Drought slays.

Edited by Dammn Bu

always trying to belittle her :lmao:

Adele could not do it because if she could it would be done already. Her fourth and fifth single for her Thriller era just about cracked the top 20 and that was when the momentum was still going strong and the 25 era is practically dead regarding singles. Now could Beyoncé sell those albums Adele is selling? No. This is a great feat for Beyoncé who fits the ageist category, 19 years into her career and with a primarily urban record at that. The fact that she's not on Spotify or YouTube too when the other girls rely on that. No other black female is doing it. Now I wonder if Drake can do it though with all the units he's shifting?

Love Drought is awesome - don't try it. 

It's literally a accomplishment Taylor started that Bey beat by 1 song, it's not worth that much credit really :P

I disagree, Adele could, she just doesn't care about being on top like that, it's what I love about her she's very traditional with her shit, which is what makes her slayage the most commendable, very little stunts and tactics to keep her name and music out there.  

It's literally a accomplishment Taylor started that Bey beat by 1 song, it's not worth that much credit really :P

I disagree, Adele could, she just doesn't care about being on top like that, it's what I love about her she's very traditional with her shit, which is what makes her slayage the most commendable, very little stunts and tactics to keep her name and music out there.  

Taylor did it in 2006 - she couldn't even beat her own record with her biggest era yet. That speaks volumes. Records are made to be broken and this one will be too but it won't be by another black female until Rihanna goes pop again. 

Nah Adele couldn't because she would have done by now. 

So you agree that Adele could not do it :coffee:

I'll take a slaying stadium tour over #1 any day :filenails:. I'll take an entire album including an interlude charting on the hot 100 over one #1 single any day too. And she's just got her 6th #1 album - breaking a new record at that too. Without traditional promo, with a flop HBO special and no discounts or samsung deals :coffee: . 

Love Drought slays.

Without traditional promotion? Queen B went on HBO in front of 800k people with a multi-million dollar movie & headlined her second Super Bowl

But Only took 50 different writers to score that sixth, consecutive #1s 

Slays babies to sleep :yawn: 

Without traditional promotion? Queen B went on HBO in front of 800k people with a multi-million dollar movie & headlined her second Super Bowl

But Only took 50 different writers to score that sixth, consecutive #1s 

Slays babies to sleep :yawn: 

HBO is not traditional promo. It was basically an US only album listening party. 

The album had a 2-day Tidal exclusivity too and it's still done well :lmao:. She didn't headline the Super Bowl. Coldplay headlined. She and Bruno were just guests. 

Drake has just as many writers :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Taylor did it in 2006 - she couldn't even beat her own record with her biggest era yet. That speaks volumes. Records are made to be broken and this one will be too but it won't be by another black female until Rihanna goes pop again. 

Nah Adele couldn't because she would have done by now. 

And with Rihanna, you know it's coming sooner than later, but in general with Taylor being the 1 to start it, it's just going to be a thing now (like how being #1 for over 10 weeks isn't really that big anymore)

I disagree because if she was that thirsty she could've done it so easily, she could've done it with 25 so easily, probably easier than she could've with 21, but she's traditional and it's killing all other bitches easily without trying that hard really....if she was INTO her hype......sheeeit Bey, Rih, & Tay would probably consider hanging up releasing albums for a while... Hell she already has em all shook for when she drops.

Edited by jarrylf

And with Rihanna, you know it's coming sooner than later, but in general with Taylor being the 1 to start it, it's just going to be a thing now (like how being #1 for over 10 weeks isn't really that big anymore)

I disagree because if she was that thirsty she could've done it so easily, she could've done it with 25 so easily, probably easier than she could've with 21, but she's traditional and it's killing all other bitches easily without trying that hard really....if she was INTO her hype......sheeeit Bey, Rih, & Tay would probably consider hanging up releasing albums for a while...

You don't get it. This was done by people BUYING the music. Beyoncé didn't chart her entire album because of radio and streaming. It's from sales. Which is why if Adele could do it - she would have done it already considering her sales her monsterous. And her eras are only going to get less and less. You can't disagree with a fact. People had the choice to buy Adeles songs individually - they didn't and she didn't chart her whole album on the Hot 100. The only thing she has on every other girl is album sales - the only thing, and I say this as the biggest Adele fan here.  

My favourite post from ATRL in the last week:

not trying to twist this into "Poor hive!1!"

She just released an album that outsold all of your faves first weeks and some put together after 2 days of TIDAL exclusivity ahh.gif
She sold close to 1M singles in a week after you people said she couldn't sell singles ahh.gif
Her tour is SLAYING ahh.gif
3 months after Formation peaked on radio and loads of bubbling under jokes, it is perched in the Top 10 right now w/ an unlisted video ahh.gif

Bey WON!

=========================

• Upvote 2

You don't get it. This was done by people BUYING the music. Beyoncé didn't chart her entire album because of radio and streaming. It's from sales. Which is why if Adele could do it - she would have done it already considering her sales her monsterous. And her eras are only going to get less and less. You can't disagree with a fact. People had the choice to buy Adeles songs individually - they didn't and she didn't chart her whole album on the Hot 100. The only thing she has on every other girl is album sales - the only thing, and I say this as the biggest Adele fan here.  

My favourite post from ATRL in the last week:

not trying to twist this into "Poor hive!1!"

She just released an album that outsold all of your faves first weeks and some put together after 2 days of TIDAL exclusivity ahh.gif
She sold close to 1M singles in a week after you people said she couldn't sell singles ahh.gif
Her tour is SLAYING ahh.gif
3 months after Formation peaked on radio and loads of bubbling under jokes, it is perched in the Top 10 right now w/ an unlisted video ahh.gif

Bey WON!

=========================

Bu...Adele also didn't do a video for every song or a video album, she doesn't come with all the bells and whistles and gimmicks to have a successful era, Hello is literally the only video this era, it's 2 completely different types of artists that with their releases go for 2 different things, Bey goes for  giving you everythiing right now, Adele goes for making an era breathe and last, it's how 21 went, My point is we've never seen Adele thirsty for going for all the bells and whistles in terms of singles like she could've (and that's still true for 21 too), you can't say it's a fact that if she did a video album  and released every song with a video she wouldn't have success because she hasn't done that, but the way people are on her music and are on buying her music the second her new era starts, Bey can't compare, so based on THAT, it's not far fetched to imagine that if she dropped all her singles on itunes and on radio with videos that she'd mop the floor with Bey & Drake & everyone. There's alot of things she could've killed even harder with this era that she didn't, doesn't mean they wouldnt've worked.

She won for now, that's how it always is with her, it's why alot of her achievements aren't impressive to me cause asside from the touring & Grammy's it's nothing really that major to shake other artists. And the single thing is cute but I'd be more impressed if it were either her 1st time doing it or if she was the 1st to be successful with it.

LOL so because Adele cant release a worth while visual, now its bells and whistles?

You are delusional because Beyoncé has gone out of her was to be unsuccessful on the charts, She didn't even release the album on iTunes until Monday, Missing that entire weekend of sales, releasing it only on tidal. If she was really thirsty, the album would be on spotify, she would have released a single to radio, the video would be on vevo (all things adele did lmao).

so pls spare the nonsense like Beyoncé is doing above and beyond to get these chartings when she has not at all LOL. The ger;s wanted the music and the charts prove that hehe

Adele has her sales and her boring music tho. Lemonade has the critics, chartings, and "bells & whistles" (lmao) so thats fine! 

again, Beyoncé won! LOL

Edited by LawdToday

Bu...Adele also didn't do a video for every song or a video album, she doesn't come with all the bells and whistles and gimmicks to have a successful era, Hello is literally the only video this era, it's 2 completely different types of artists that with their releases go for 2 different things, Bey goes for  giving you everythiing right now, Adele goes for making an era breathe and last, it's how 21 went, My point is we've never seen Adele thirsty for going for all the bells and whistles in terms of singles like she could've (and that's still true for 21 too), you can't say it's a fact that if she did a video album  and released every song with a video she wouldn't have success because she hasn't done that, but the way people are on her music and are on buying her music the second her new era starts, Bey can't compare, so based on THAT, it's not far fetched to imagine that if she dropped all her singles on itunes and on radio with videos that she'd mop the floor with Bey & Drake & everyone. There's alot of things she could've killed even harder with this era that she didn't, doesn't mean they wouldnt've worked.

She won for now, that's how it always is with her, it's why alot of her achievements aren't impressive to me cause asside from the touring & Grammy's it's nothing really that major to shake other artists. And the single thing is cute but I'd be more impressed if it were either her 1st time doing it or if she was the 1st to be successful with it.

We're talking about the songs charting on the Hot 100, something Adele was not able to do. The videos have nothing to do with this discussion but yes, the video was bought 500k+ times. Thanks for clarifying that. 

Sorry to interrupt but Drake won! Also not all of Bey's dates are sold out like the lie in the beginning of the tour said. Also Nashville has been cancelled 

• Upvote 2

We're talking about the songs charting on the Hot 100, something Adele was not able to do. The videos have nothing to do with this discussion but yes, the video was bought 500k+ times. Thanks for clarifying that. 

Something she wasn't able to do because she had no push for the other singles lol, come on now, all singles can be bought individually, but not all singles today have video's that go with it, Adele wasn't "able" to do it because she didn't release videos for every song, if she did and wasn't as successful it'd be worth mentioning, but since she hasn't it can still be assumed based on the success she has she could, but that's not even the kind of artist she presents herself to be.  And buying the videos count for the sales these days, you know this right, so yea that goes to that her videos are helping her chart success. Glad to clarify my point BuBabe ;) 

now get in the bed so I can give you your present, You know you gone get it for makin me go back & forth with you over this broad on this special occassion-_-

• Upvote 1

Something she wasn't able to do because she had no push for the other singles lol, come on now, all singles can be bought individually, but not all singles today have video's that go with it, Adele wasn't "able" to do it because she didn't release videos for every song, if she did and wasn't as successful it'd be worth mentioning, but since she hasn't it can still be assumed based on the success she has she could, but that's not even the kind of artist she presents herself to be.  And buying the videos count for the sales these days, you know this right, so yea that goes to that her videos are helping her chart success. Glad to clarify my point BuBabe ;) 

now get in the bed so I can give you your present, You know you gone get it for makin me go back & forth with you over this broad on this special occassion-_-

See now I know you wrong because those videos were not available for sale individually. You can only get the movie as a whole when you buy the album. So that argument is out the window :filenails: :coffee:. BOOM! :shifty: :lmao: 

Nnnnnn. Like the good sis Beyoncé sang..."if you pull this shit again, you might lose your Bu". 

• Upvote 1

Also making a video for every song is not a gimmick or thirsty. She's been doing it since 2006 it's only now become more prominent. We have people sitting on the other side of the forum crying because our fave is barely giving us one video meanwhile Beyoncé is giving her fans a whole damn visual album twice in a row (even if they have to pay for it). 

• Upvote 2

See now I know you wrong because those videos were not available for sale individually. You can only get the movie as a whole when you buy the album. So that argument is out the window :filenails: :coffee:. BOOM! :shifty: :lmao: 

Nnnnnn. Like the good sis Beyoncé sang..."if you pull this shit again, you might lose your Bu". 

Not necissarily the case for Formation, coincidentally the only track in the top 10, while the other songs that are better aren't as lucky. And regadless the movie is a push & promo for all the tracks still, thus easier for people to support their fave tracks individually as we see. :coffee:  

Boy please, I aint goin nowhere, you know exactly whatchu was doin and why, cause you loves it now get on in there
tumblr_m7xt4xffTf1rzhv5ho1_400.gif

Also making a video for every song is not a gimmick or thirsty. She's been doing it since 2006 it's only now become more prominent. We have people sitting on the other side of the forum crying because our fave is barely giving us one video meanwhile Beyoncé is giving her fans a whole damn visual album twice in a row (even if they have to pay for it). 

I say it depends on the release type for it. I mean Prince did this in the 90's alot, but they were only exclusively bought and sold on his websites and only bootleg versions were sold in stores. 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Not necissarily the case for Formation, coincidentally the only track in the top 10, while the other songs that are better aren't as lucky. And regadless the movie is a push & promo for all the tracks still, thus easier for people to support their fave tracks individually as we see. :coffee:  

Boy please, I aint goin nowhere, you know exactly whatchu was doin and why, cause you loves it now get on in there
tumblr_m7xt4xffTf1rzhv5ho1_400.gif

I say it depends on the release type for it. I mean Prince did this in the 90's alot, but they were only exclusively bought and sold on his websites and only bootleg versions were sold in stores. 

Formation is the kii because it was free for 2 months and now it's a top 10 hit when the Navy were telling jokes about bubbling under. She's slapped all the talkers in the face. Adeles hype was a push for her to do it but she didn't. At least y'all told me hype is a form of promo when Bey was slaying with the last album. 

Boy don't mention Prince - I want to watch Graffiti Bridge so badly but I can't find it anywhere. On top of that I don't have his Rave Un2 Fantastic Album and I can't find a bootleg - I want Beautiful Strange so much and it's not on iTunes OR Tidal :(

Fashion hasn't been Bey's strongest point with it being hit and miss but she slayed me at the Met Gala last night. Nothing over the top. The hair slayed, the dress was nice and she looked great. 

Formation is the kii because it was free for 2 months and now it's a top 10 hit when the Navy were telling jokes about bubbling under. She's slapped all the talkers in the face. Adeles hype was a push for her to do it but she didn't. At least y'all told me hype is a form of promo when Bey was slaying with the last album. 

Boy don't mention Prince - I want to watch Graffiti Bridge so badly but I can't find it anywhere. On top of that I don't have his Rave Un2 Fantastic Album and I can't find a bootleg - I want Beautiful Strange so much and it's not on iTunes OR Tidal :(

Nah, my point witht he last album was promo, and how I disagreed on the "no promo" things where I saw a entire year of Bey Promo (not to reignite that debate, we both ofcourse disagree on that) but it's not the case for Adele, Adele came outta nowhere with hello

..................Aww, babe....Graffit Bridge is awful, ironically EASILY (IMO anyways) 1 of his BEST & SLEPT ONNNN albums EVER, like that album could've/should've been game changing (though that can honestly be said about most of his early 90's work) but that movie is so bad lol, kind of funny bad, but yea the music is just greatness. Im really punching myself for all the times I could've got all the DVD's at my favorite music stores for CHEAPPPP prices, but now they're sky high &/or sold out. And See that's a damn shame about Tidal, if I'm payin $20 a month I WANT.IT.ALL, I want everything you have released available to me at my comfort. I hope whoever's handling his estate gets on top of this, AND it's why I'm excited for The Vault being open, along with the music there's so many music videos and movies in there too

Nah, my point witht he last album was promo, and how I disagreed on the "no promo" things where I saw a entire year of Bey Promo (not to reignite that debate, we both ofcourse disagree on that) but it's not the case for Adele, Adele came outta nowhere with hello
..................Aww, babe....Graffit Bridge is awful, ironically EASILY (IMO anyways) 1 of his BEST & SLEPT ONNNN albums EVER, like that album could've/should've been game changing (though that can honestly be said about most of his early 90's work) but that movie is so bad lol, kind of funny bad, but yea the music is just greatness. Im really punching myself for all the times I could've got all the DVD's at my favorite music stores for CHEAPPPP prices, but now they're sky high &/or sold out. And See that's a damn shame about Tidal, if I'm payin $20 a month I WANT.IT.ALL, I want everything you have released available to me at my comfort. I hope whoever's handling his estate gets on top of this, AND it's why I'm excited for The Vault being open, along with the music there's so many music videos and movies in there too

Not promo for the album though :filenails: but yes let's not go there

ugh I know but he looks great in it and I want to watch it just for the sake of it haha. Wasn't it advertised as a Purple Rain sequel or was that just a rumour? 

Do you have the Rave album? I need to find someone that does :shifty:

Yeah it's a shame because I thought Tidal had all his albums but it doesn't have Rave :(. Maybe I should search for it under the symbol because it was one of the albums he released under that? Yes! I'm excited for the vault being unleashed - he teased it for so long haha 

Not promo for the album though :filenails: but yes let's not go there

ugh I know but he looks great in it and I want to watch it just for the sake of it haha. Wasn't it advertised as a Purple Rain sequel or was that just a rumour? 

Do you have the Rave album? I need to find someone that does :shifty:

Yeah it's a shame because I thought Tidal had all his albums but it doesn't have Rave :(. Maybe I should search for it under the symbol because it was one of the albums he released under that? Yes! I'm excited for the vault being unleashed - he teased it for so long haha 

...........I feel there was ....but yes....lets not...sweetheart...:filenails:

He REALLY does, it's my all time favorite Prince look, that hair, that goatee, the leather, the assless pants....OOOOOOOH. It actually is the Purple Rain sequel, he's "The Kid", and Morris & The Time are Morris & The Time and battling it out again

I do but it's on my external harddrive that's busted that's gonna cost ALOT to get the files off of (and it KILLS me because....that's my VAULT, like I got shit from Janet & MJ & Prince that are PRICELESSSSST, that are on there just sitting). So......you got someone who does....just not avail

Maybe it's under the symbol, I know my dad has the DVD but not the album. But yea another bonus to the vault is there's MANY of other artists that we all know & stan for that worked with him that have recoridings & duets in there too. Like I believe his work with Mariah is in there too ( I forgot what era it's said they worked together, I THINK it was around Glitter/CB), but I WANNA HEAR!!!

...........I feel there was ....but yes....lets not...sweetheart...:filenails:

He REALLY does, it's my all time favorite Prince look, that hair, that goatee, the leather, the assless pants....OOOOOOOH. It actually is the Purple Rain sequel, he's "The Kid", and Morris & The Time are Morris & The Time and battling it out again

I do but it's on my external harddrive that's busted that's gonna cost ALOT to get the files off of (and it KILLS me because....that's my VAULT, like I got shit from Janet & MJ & Prince that are PRICELESSSSST, that are on there just sitting). So......you got someone who does....just not avail

Maybe it's under the symbol, I know my dad has the DVD but not the album. But yea another bonus to the vault is there's MANY of other artists that we all know & stan for that worked with him that have recoridings & duets in there too. Like I believe his work with Mariah is in there too ( I forgot what era it's said they worked together, I THINK it was around Glitter/CB), but I WANNA HEAR!!!

I feel like you're feeling wrong, but you're right - we can't get into that today hunty :coffee:

ugh damn I want to watch it even more! I hope he'd actually written his memoirs and it wasn't just in the planning stages. He was very insightful and deep and it'd be a shame not to hear about his life in his own words. 

Oh fuck! I hate when that happens. I hope you're able to get it repaired one day soon!

I was just saying to a lamb the other day that there's fresh new hope for the Mariah songs to come out  now, most likely as a leak since Mariah hates us and won't sing the good songs on tour :rolleyes: . I think it was the Glitter album when they worked together and he most likely had them in the vault since he was very anal about owning his masters (as he should have been). 

I feel like you're feeling wrong, but you're right - we can't get into that today hunty :coffee:

ugh damn I want to watch it even more! I hope he'd actually written his memoirs and it wasn't just in the planning stages. He was very insightful and deep and it'd be a shame not to hear about his life in his own words. 

Oh fuck! I hate when that happens. I hope you're able to get it repaired one day soon!

I was just saying to a lamb the other day that there's fresh new hope for the Mariah songs to come out  now, most likely as a leak since Mariah hates us and won't sing the good songs on tour :rolleyes: . I think it was the Glitter album when they worked together and he most likely had them in the vault since he was very anal about owning his masters (as he should have been). 

I know how you feel, exactly sugafoot

Yea the problem with it was Purple Rain existed before Prince did it (it was written for John Travolta to star), but when Prince did agree to do it, it became "about Prince", taking place in Minneapolis, being called Purple Rain in the 1st place, a writer wrote it around Prince.....but Prince didn't think that was enough apparently, because Graffiti Bridge was written by & directed by Prince............................................................................................yeeeeaaaa they were wrong to let him have THAT much control, but I bet thats the only way he agreed to a sequel in the 1st place.

Thanks, me too, it bugs the hell out of me, it's been 3 yrs, everytime I have the money to get that done and NOT be broke something out of nowhere comes up and requires that money lol. But yea I LOVE collecting rare music, pics, & videos of my fave and my collection is pretty decent, but even I can't touch it right now :(

YES, he didn't play with what & who he lent his artistry and time to lol, Im just SO curious of what they could've come up with together