Beyonce - Lemonade [NEW ALBUM ON ITUNES NOW]

bu.

Also making a video for every song is not a gimmick or thirsty. She's been doing it since 2006 it's only now become more prominent. We have people sitting on the other side of the forum crying because our fave is barely giving us one video meanwhile Beyoncé is giving her fans a whole damn visual album twice in a row (even if they have to pay for it). 

Agreed people are mistaking her choices for a gimmick.  Beyoncé is a huge name you like she couldn't have gotten a prime time special on one of the major 4 networks if she choose too for Lemonade?  That would have given her far more viewers right off the bat not everyone has cable.  But, she would have had to deal with a lot more bullshit like commercials and sponsors which would mean more people involved and more chance of shit getting out to the public.  She has a previous relationship with HBO for her concert tours.  They probably cut her the best check and promised to push for Emmy backing etc.

She choose to do the Tidal exclusive streaming she could have released direct to ITunes after the special and got even more sales just like last time.  She isn't an idiot she knew that only releasing to a couple sites was going to limit actual sales. 

She choose too anyway to help prop up Tidal a little while longer.  That's another way to get her coins.  

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 4

I know how you feel, exactly sugafoot
Yea the problem with it was Purple Rain existed before Prince did it (it was written for John Travolta to star), but when Prince did agree to do it, it became "about Prince", taking place in Minneapolis, being called Purple Rain in the 1st place, a writer wrote it around Prince.....but Prince didn't think that was enough apparently, because Graffiti Bridge was written by & directed by Prince............................................................................................yeeeeaaaa they were wrong to let him have THAT much control, but I bet thats the only way he agreed to a sequel in the 1st place.

Thanks, me too, it bugs the hell out of me, it's been 3 yrs, everytime I have the money to get that done and NOT be broke something out of nowhere comes up and requires that money lol. But yea I LOVE collecting rare music, pics, & videos of my fave and my collection is pretty decent, but even I can't touch it right now :(

YES, he didn't play with what & who he lent his artistry and time to lol, Im just SO curious of what they could've come up with together 

I'm glad you know how I feel and hopefully you'll feel the same one day, boo

I'm so glad that Travolta did not get it. I can't stand his ass! 

Nnnn poor Prince - maybe he should have hired the same team >_<

I'mma need you to start one of those kickstarter things to get that fixed :(

Honestly - I hope he swiped Mariah's demo tape whilst swiping his masters so that too can be leaked. 

Agreed people are mistaking her choices for a gimmick.  Beyoncé is a huge name you like she couldn't have gotten a prime time special on one of the major 4 networks if she choose too for Lemonade?  That would have given her far more viewers right off the bat not everyone has cable.  But, she would have had to deal with a lot more bullshit like commercials and sponsors which would mean more people involved and more chance of shit getting out to the public.  She has a previous relationship with HBO for her concert tours.  They probably cut her the best check and promised to push for Emmy backing etc.

She choose to do the Tidal exclusive streaming she could have released direct to ITunes after the special and got even more sales just like last time.  She isn't an idiot she knew that only releasing to a couple sites was going to limit actual sales. 

She choose too anyway to help prop up Tidal a little while longer.  That's another way to get her coins.  

!!!! Couldn't have said it better.

To be fair.. Formation was not on iTunes and since most people get their music there, that could explain the reasoning

Either way - a song that was once free is being bought by not-so die-hard fans 2 months after it's free give-away. All the big fans would have got that free download and will now have bought the album so it's clearly the not so big fans and your regular tom, dick and harry that would not have known about the free download so whatever the reasoning - it's still impressive. 

Either way - a song that was once free is being bought by not-so die-hard fans 2 months after it's free give-away. All the big fans would have got that free download and will now have bought the album so it's clearly the not so big fans and your regular tom, dick and harry that would not have known about the free download so whatever the reasoning - it's still impressive. 

It wasn't free on iTunes... You had to sign up for TIDAL or go to her website and no one had time for that.

It's not impressive unless it was free on iTunes, which it wasn't.

It's not the fact that it's free.. Its the fact that it wasn't available on many platforms and now that it is, it is charting.. Makes plenty of sense

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

It wasn't free on iTunes... You had to sign up for TIDAL or go to her website and no one had time for that.

It's not impressive unless it was free on iTunes, which it wasn't.

It's not the fact that it's free.. Its the fact that it wasn't available on many platforms

It doesn't matter if it wasn't free on iTunes or Amazon or whoever. It was still free and people had the choice to download it just like they had the choice to download it illegally like you did.

It is impressive because so many people were kii'ing at the fact that she only charted on the Bubbling Hot 100 with that song and then 2 months later it's a top 10 song. You're just hard to impress, Debbie. I mean you don't even like Love Drought :rolleyes:. I'm not standing for this disrespect to me any more Game. Learn from Jarryl! 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

It doesn't matter if it wasn't free on iTunes or Amazon or whoever. It was still free and people had the choice to download it just like they had the choice to download it illegally like you did.

It is impressive because so many people were kii'ing at the fact that she only charted on the Bubbling Hot 100 with that song and then 2 months later it's a top 10 song. You're just hard to impress, Debbie. I mean you don't even like Love Drought :rolleyes:. I'm not standing for this disrespect to me any more Game. Learn from Jarryl! 

It does. People don't download shit, add it to their iTunes and sync their device. If itunes doesn't have it then no one bothers. 

If Kanye released his album on iTunes, you would see the exact same thing. 

Thats not impressive.. Sorry.. I doubt it even went platinum on iTunes. Love Drought is shit which is why she left it off the tour 

• Upvote 1

It does. People don't download shit, add it to their iTunes and sync their device. If itunes doesn't have it then no one bothers. 

If Kanye released his album on iTunes, you would see the exact same thing. 

Thats not impressive.. Sorry.. I doubt it even went platinum on iTunes. Love Drought is shit which is why she left it off the tour 

You've openly admitted to doing that. I do that. People do still do that. 

Kanye's album was illegally downloaded 500k times. I seriously doubt those 500k people will go out and buy it again just like those 1 million that got Rih's album for free didn't buy it again hence it's shit sales. 

Love Drought is not shit. Your taste however... Some of the better songs by artists have never been performed live so you can take a seat with "it's shit because it's not on tour" flawed logic. Diva is shit but she performs it. Lonely is not shit and some would say it's better than Come Back To You but it was never performed. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

You've openly admitted to doing that. I do that. People do still do that. 

Kanye's album was illegally downloaded 500k times. I seriously doubt those 500k people will go out and buy it again just like those 1 million that got Rih's album for free didn't buy it again hence it's shit sales. 

Love Drought is not shit. Your taste however... Some of the better songs by artists have never been performed live so you can take a seat with "it's shit because it's not on tour" flawed logic. Diva is shit but she performs it. Lonely is not shit and some would say it's better than Come Back To You but it was never performed. 

I do it but i didn't with Formation so what does that tell you :lol: I obtained it through other channels. I'm not apart of the majority

At least half of those people would use iTunes if it were available for purchase there...or even Streaming.. The fact that it is only on TIDAL killed his momentum. 

Samsung (the 2nd best phone manufacturer) sent people the song. It's similar to U2 and Apple.. Except not as annoying

but Lonely is a filler track :unsure: #oop 

• Upvote 1

I do it but i didn't with Formation so what does that tell you :lol: I obtained it through other channels. I'm not apart of the majority

At least half of those people would use iTunes if it were available for purchase there...or even Streaming.. The fact that it is only on TIDAL killed his momentum. 

Samsung (the 2nd best phone manufacturer) sent people the song. It's similar to U2 and Apple.. Except not as annoying

but Lonely is a filler track :unsure: #oop 

It wasn't even a single which makes it more impressive :filenails:

You will not diss Lonely!

You tried it.  My S7 edge is the best phone on the market!  /endthread derail

Got my tickets for the formation world tour and I can not wait.  The date happens to fall on 5/16 ;)

It was a single. It got a video, a performance when she headlined (YASSS HEADLINED) the Super Bowl.

Dont hurt yourself

It wasn't. A video doesn't make it a single. Every on Beyonce had a video and were all performed on some award show - they weren't all singles. One song doesn't = headline. 

Son of a gun

I'm glad you know how I feel and hopefully you'll feel the same one day, boo

I'm so glad that Travolta did not get it. I can't stand his ass! 

Nnnn poor Prince - maybe he should have hired the same team >_<

I'mma need you to start one of those kickstarter things to get that fixed :(

Honestly - I hope he swiped Mariah's demo tape whilst swiping his masters so that too can be leaked. 

That's exactly how I feel Luvvy

LOL I like him....to a point, 70's Travolta I LOVE. But  yea him leading a drama as a singer.....I think not. I gotta wonder......could you imagine if it was MJ that did this (It wasn't said that this was offered to him at all), that'd be really interesting.

Right, I bet though that this was his way of being more hands on and creating his vision AND getting more credit and notice for other skills.

LOL I would but that'd make me feel a lil shitty, The Legends Panel has a kickstarter going and it's part of my plan tht whatever cut I get from it I use to get my vault back

ME TOO, I thought of that, like what if he kept other artists stuff that he might've had nothing to do with but just as friends and a safe place, but yea I NEEEEEED that demo, so damn badly, cause that debut is my 2nd favorite album of hers but I know she has a dislike for it cause it was more pop than the demo versions and I heard the vocals are different.

That's exactly how I feel Luvvy
LOL I like him....to a point, 70's Travolta I LOVE. But  yea him leading a drama as a singer.....I think not. I gotta wonder......could you imagine if it was MJ that did this (It wasn't said that this was offered to him at all), that'd be really interesting.

Right, I bet though that this was his way of being more hands on and creating his vision AND getting more credit and notice for other skills.

LOL I would but that'd make me feel a lil shitty, The Legends Panel has a kickstarter going and it's part of my plan tht whatever cut I get from it I use to get my vault back

ME TOO, I thought of that, like what if he kept other artists stuff that he might've had nothing to do with but just as friends and a safe place, but yea I NEEEEEED that demo, so damn badly, cause that debut is my 2nd favorite album of hers but I know she has a dislike for it cause it was more pop than the demo versions and I heard the vocals are different.

See I heard the story with MJ is that he sneaked into the premiere of Purple Rain and left just before it ended - and apparently he was pissed :lmao:. I can't remember where I read that. 

That's a good idea. You better use that fund money to unleash those gems lol!

Yeah I think the demo would be more true to how she wanted the songs on debut to sound. Her debut is just so flawless as it is to me so it'd be interesting to see what her version of the songs was before Tommy took over. 

See I heard the story with MJ is that he sneaked into the premiere of Purple Rain and left just before it ended - and apparently he was pissed :lmao:. I can't remember where I read that. 

That's a good idea. You better use that fund money to unleash those gems lol!

Yeah I think the demo would be more true to how she wanted the songs on debut to sound. Her debut is just so flawless as it is to me so it'd be interesting to see what her version of the songs was before Tommy took over. 

YES, I'm reading The Magic & The Madness right now and yea it's got a great lil bit about Michael Prince, and how Michael REALLY didn't like him cause....he looked mean, and he's mean to women, and he reminds him of his brothers lol.

Right, like it KILLLLS me to just be starring at it (I am right now) and just not be able to access it and add to it.

Yea I know she always wanted to be a more R&B girl, but irnoically I think they did the best thing bursting her into pop AND R&B cause the pop audience frankly has been more receptive with more of her work and it really broaden up her audience, plus with a voice like that it'd be a shame if she stuck to 1 main genre.

You tried it.  My S7 edge is the best phone on the market!  /endthread derail

ugh I was gonna get the edge but I got the regular s7 cause my ex told me they're back ordering them cause there's been a lot of problems with them. He advised me to get the regular 7 so that's what I did

YES, I'm reading The Magic & The Madness right now and yea it's got a great lil bit about Michael Prince, and how Michael REALLY didn't like him cause....he looked mean, and he's mean to women, and he reminds him of his brothers lol.

Right, like it KILLLLS me to just be starring at it (I am right now) and just not be able to access it and add to it.

Yea I know she always wanted to be a more R&B girl, but irnoically I think they did the best thing bursting her into pop AND R&B cause the pop audience frankly has been more receptive with more of her work and it really broaden up her audience, plus with a voice like that it'd be a shame if she stuck to 1 main genre.

It's hilarious. I'd love to have had them sat down and interviewed together.

Yeah Pop Mariah slayed tbh (although Snooze Box is a little boring). I loved that the free-er she got from Tommy the better the music became but her first two albums are flawless. 

I caLL BULL CRAPPER!!! 

Listen here Bu! Formation was a single.. End of story

It wasn't

Just got back from the show in Houston.  All the ladies in Formation in the row behind me came from Florida and were having a ball.  It was  packed house and Bey did that.  She had some technical difficulties with the performance camera during Formation but it was still hot.  She had to add another Houston date at the back end of the tour

• Upvote 1