Grammys 2016 Who watched it?

The Sacred Prostitute

Taylor copped Janet's jumpsuit look that she wore on the American Idol Finale when Ellen was one of the judges...only difference is that Taylor added a bunch of black stones and crystals to it. The Weekend never fails. I had no idea who Alabama Shakes was but now I do and that bitch rocks!  RiRi pulled out of the Grammy's an hour before it started; she was there at rehearsals but her publicity team is saying that her doctors told her to pull out due to "bronchitis". Smh.  When Beyonce came out to present Album Of The Year she got a luke warm reception, people didn't lose their minds.  Beyonce waited for more applause but it didn't happen maybe because of what she was wearing?  Beyonce was wearing some old ass lace curtain!  Bieber won his first Grammy and performed and got the crowd going.  Gaga did an amazing Bowie tribute but I wished she had sung maybe 2 songs instead of a medley. I would have been happy with "Heroes" and "Rebel Rebel" or "Changes".  Taylor is the first female to win Album of The Year twice after tonight I guess and she responded to Kanye's comment about how he made her famous in a very classy way.  Again...what the hell was Beyonce wearing?  What else? Oh yeah Adele started shaky but I think she recovered....she seemed nervous but I appreciated the song. I found myself suddenly attracted to Justin Bieber but that's a different story. 

Bieber has been attractive for at least a year. You late. 

Alabama Shakes is a band. Don't Sade them :lmao: . They do slay though. 

Beyonce looked great, neck up. 

Show sounds like a flop though. Wasn't Lauryn Hill supposed to perform? I need Taylor to go sit on some broken glass somewhere. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

Show was one of the worst E V E R

Beyonce? WTFFFFFFFFFFF

Justin Bieber is still GORGEOUS 

Adele proved what I always say about her. Her live vocals fall extremely short of her studio vocals. 

Taylor as the opening act? Was not worthy and definitely set the tone for the drab show to follow 

A bunch of random no name artists performed.. extremely STRANGE

KENDRICK MUTHAFUKIN LAMAR...omg. He was BEYOND the highlight of the show. The ONLY performance that mattered and shut everyone else downnnn.  

And Rihanna canceling an hour before the show? Bitch gtfoh 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

Ha! I wasn't gonna watch that shit. I heard about it on twitter and when it ended on the east coast so I didn't even watch it when it finally came on on the west coast. I heard Adele didn't do good just. As I said before she's overrated period and I feel sorry for the people who's paying out the ass to see her on tour lol. I didn't even hear about Beyonce until this thread lol. The fact that the crowd wasn't overwhelmed by her presence shows she's not as big as her fans would like to believe. Meghan Trainor winning best new artist sealed the deal for me. I knew it was fuckery from the very beginning.

yes why wouldn't you wanna promote your newly released album on the Grammys? I wonder if something's going on with her and the label or if this is her last album under her contract.

This album has been handled so badly. Apparently she has bronchitis which is why she didn't perform (PR Story?) but she was there right up until the final hour before the show. TMZ said she started flipping out and left?

This album has been handled so badly. Apparently she has bronchitis which is why she didn't perform (PR Story?) but she was there right up until the final hour before the show. TMZ said she started flipping out and left?

I could have sworn I saw the camera cut to her in the audience at one point, then cut away quickly.

Rihanna sang the night before the Grammy's at some benefit/pre Grammy party and sounded just fine.  They showed a clip of it on The Talk Tuesday morning.  And Rihanna had the audacity to go to Grammy parties after the show.  If she had bronchitis the bitch would not have been out going to Grammy parties. Smh. 

• Upvote 1

so she pretty much lied. How you gon' have bronchitis and still show up? Yo ass should've been home from the start. I don't see this album going platinum anytime soon. I know it's already platinum cause samsung bought 1 million copies but i'm talking about the general public

Bruno (&Mark) winning is all I cared about 

WAYY Happy about Kendrick's sweep, definitely earned, though I think J. Cole at least deserved 1.

The Adele criticism I find hilarious because it was a technical issue that threw her off for a bit, but the haters made it sound like she forgot words and was terrible the whole time lol 

And Rihanna be lyin lol. God I hope this makes her cut ties with that janky ass Tidal. 

Gaga is itching for Rihs spot in my top 10, all Right has to do to keep it is on point video's and good/performances interviews...... I'm not going to predict anything but I'd be surprised if she pulls it off the way I want her to and the way she has in the past 

Shame on them for the lack of a Natalie Cole tribute 

Edited by jarrylf

She's shining bright like tin foil rn 

jksadjdiosd :lmao:

I could have sworn I saw the camera cut to her in the audience at one point, then cut away quickly.

Mess really?? damn! 

Hmmm :coffee: no comment

:coffee:

Rihanna sang the night before the Grammy's at some benefit/pre Grammy party and sounded just fine.  They showed a clip of it on The Talk Tuesday morning.  And Rihanna had the audacity to go to Grammy parties after the show.  If she had bronchitis the bitch would not have been out going to Grammy parties. Smh. 

Ugh she's so frustrating these past 1.5 years! 

so she pretty much lied. How you gon' have bronchitis and still show up? Yo ass should've been home from the start. I don't see this album going platinum anytime soon. I know it's already platinum cause samsung bought 1 million copies but i'm talking about the general public

Yeah it'll be interesting to see if she gets platinum without cheating. Someone said it's close but I don't keep up. I just hope there's at least one video from the album 

Bruno (&Mark) winning is all I cared about 

WAYY Happy about Kendrick's sweep, definitely earned, though I think J. Cole at least deserved 1.

The Adele criticism I find hilarious because it was a technical issue that threw her off for a bit, but the haters made it sound like she forgot words and was terrible the whole time lol 

And Rihanna be lyin lol. God I hope this makes her cut ties with that janky ass Tidal. 

Gaga is itching for Rihs spot in my top 10, all Right has to do to keep it is on point video's and good/performances interviews...... I'm not going to predict anything but I'd be surprised if she pulls it off the way I want her to and the way she has in the past 

Shame on them for the lack of a Natalie Cole tribute 

Don't bracket my Mark like that, bitch! But yes!!

Kendrick slayed

Rihanna is a mess. I'm so pissed at her.

Gaga let me down tbh. She was good but I was expecting more. 

Natalie Cole's family called them out. I get that Lionel is a legend too but Nat was a Grammy favourite (she beat Arethas record at one point) and they just diminished ha with that lame ass tribute.

• Upvote 1

• Kendrick stole the show
  • The rest was largely a snooze
  • Gaga gave great energy but I found myself laughing at parts of her performance
  • Adele was underwhelming
  • Too many tributes
  • Meghan Trainor winning best new anything is inaccurate
  • 1989 winning AOTY is a joke
  • Brittany Howard brought the goods

The Grammys telecast needs a serious overhaul. It used to be there were too many categories, now they've economised the amount they air and instead we're left with a disjointed flow made up of too many failed Grammys "moments". Past collaborative performances like Eminem & Elton, Prince & Beyonce etc. were organic and logical, now they slap any Andra Day and Ellie Goulding together and cross their fingers for the magic. And they need somebody with some life in them to host. LL Cool J is too safe.

• Kendrick stole the show
  • The rest was largely a snooze
  • Gaga gave great energy but I found myself laughing at parts of her performance
  • Adele was underwhelming
  • Too many tributes
  • Meghan Trainor winning best new anything is inaccurate
  • 1989 winning AOTY is a joke
  • Brittany Howard brought the goods

The Grammys telecast needs a serious overhaul. It used to be there were too many categories, now they've economised the amount they air and instead we're left with a disjointed flow made up of too many failed Grammys "moments". Past collaborative performances like Eminem & Elton, Prince & Beyonce etc. were organic and logical, now they slap any Andra Day and Ellie Goulding together and cross their fingers for the magic. And they need somebody with some life in them to host. LL Cool J is too safe.

you do no like that Meghan Trainor :lol:

I would love to debate or even see a thread on "1989" winning album of the year and what people think....it used to be the Grammys didnt reward commercial success because the irony is RN would have been AOTY with the play it got in 1990 equal to the way "1989" was treated, that album is straight radio friendly pop driven hits

you do no like that Meghan Trainor :lol:

I would love to debate or even see a thread on "1989" winning album of the year and what people think....it used to be the Grammys didnt reward commercial success because the irony is RN would have been AOTY with the play it got in 1990 equal to the way "1989" was treated, that album is straight radio friendly pop driven hits

She's the worst. :lol: 

The album is all fluff. Granted I like it but it's entirely forgettable. Kendrick Lamar's album was essential listening and a real statement in music last year. Let Taylor Swift have the charts, the Grammys need to represent artistic integrity at every level.

She's the worst. :lol: 

The album is all fluff. Granted I like it but it's entirely forgettable. Kendrick Lamar's album was essential listening and a real statement in music last year. Let Taylor Swift have the charts, the Grammys need to represent artistic integrity at every level.

thats what they're suppose to do :lol: they're the Oscars of music