whose worth more? Beyonce, Janet, Mariah and Madonna

Bailey

Thought there was gonna be a list. :umm: 

I would say Madonna has the most money? Any fact checkers wanna confirm or deny? :rolleyes: 

well Madonna is worth the most on the list, but the question is what are the numbers? I tend to think the estimates we hear are way off

Janet 175 million

Madonna 575 million

Beyoncé 300 million

Mariah 530 million

A lot of Janet's business dealings are kept secret. I wonder if she still owns part of that bank with Magic Johnson? Bey's fans keep trying to say she's worth 450 or 500. Maybe if she keeps on selling herself out but other than that I don't see it happening.

I find it hard to believe that Janet is worth only $175 million too. Janet has always been secretive about her earnings. So how could we really know. She doesn't like to discuss her money either. I still remember the interview she did with Hot 97 back in 2008 while promoting discipline. She was being interviewed by Ms. Jones and she asked Janet how much money she had. Janet politely replied "I don't talk about my finances only with my accountant". Lol! She is also not someone who likes to floss. Which was another reason I found her relationship with JD weird because he is someone who likes to floss like he's so rich but really isn't. I guess opposites did attract in that situation. 

• Upvote 4

I find it hard to believe that Janet is worth only $175 million too. Janet has always been secretive about her earnings. So how could we really know. She doesn't like to discuss her money either. I still remember the interview she did with Hot 97 back in 2008 while promoting discipline. She was being interviewed by Ms. Jones and she asked Janet how much money she had. Janet politely replied "I don't talk about my finances only with my accountant". Lol! She is also not someone who likes to floss. Which was another reason I found her relationship with JD weird because he is someone who likes to floss like he's so rich but really isn't. I guess opposites did attract in that situation. 

Didn't Janet have to go in her pockets and shell out $10,000 for JD in one of those clips cause he said he left his wallet at home?<_<

Janet doesn't floss hardly at all, and the answer is simple and elegant.....she aint new money never was -_-

well Madonna is worth the most on the list, but the question is what are the numbers? I tend to think the estimates we hear are way off

They are. I actually read an article not that long ago about how the Net Worth estimates are just based on information that is given by a celebrities publicist. For example, the amount of Janet's Virgin record contracts are public knowledge because those were in a press release at the time those happen (so those 2 contracts combined is already $120 million dollars alone). While the amount she has earned from her multiple companies (such as JDJ Enterntainment, Black Doll Inc., etc.) as well as what she was paid for her various endorsements over the years aren't public knowledge because Janet doesn't talk about her finances like that.

Edited by MorganR
  • Upvote 1

They are. Most estimates are based on information given by a celebrities publicist. For example the amount of Janet's Virgin record contracts are public knowledge (so those 2 contracts combined is already $120 million dollars alone). While the amount she has earned from her multiple companies (such as JDJ Entertainment [sic], Black Doll Inc., etc.) as well as what she was paid for her various endorsements over the years aren't public knowledge because Janet doesn't talk about her finances like that.

This is true, but I believe it's $110 million from Virgin ($30 million for Janet, and $80 million for everything afterwards). Plus we do know that she was paid I believe $3 or $5 million for The Nutty Professor plus an additional $1 million for the single. I remember in one interview she did, she said she made her first $1 million when she was just 18!.

We truly don't know how much her take home pay from tours, endorsements, book sales, album and single sales, catalog earnings (now that she owns her masters), real estate, and other business ventures (which I would love to know what business ventures she has dappled in). Plus we don't know what her record deal with Island was like, and how much of it she had to give back in order to buy out her contract.  

I honestly believe that Janet could be in the reaches of Mariah and Madonna. I believe the Mariah and Madonna figures are extremely over inflated just like their record "sales". I want Janet to provide some receipts, but I'm loving the secrecy aspects.

PLUS *side note* I remember when it hit the press that Janet is a billion dollar entertainer, Forbes came out and said somewhere in the article that Wissam is NOT a billionaire, because he has not shown up on their billionaire list either. But I believe he is as secretive as Janet is with his net worth.

• Upvote 3

well Madonna lost money on her no prenup divorce to Guy Ritchie too so her net worth went down by how much who knows....we do know Janet is very frugle with her spending though, and I did read somewhere Janet, like Michael, owns music that other artist made

well Madonna lost money on her no prenup divorce to Guy Ritchie too so her net worth went down by how much who knows....we do know Janet is very frugle with her spending though, and I did read somewhere Janet, like Michael, owns music that other artist made

REALLY?! She does own music catalogs? Great for her coin purse.

Well Janet didn't sell her face for every product out there like others. But I'm sure she's worth at least $300million. So much of her shit is private. Why else can she afford to not work for years on end? 

Well Janet didn't sell her face for every product out there like others. But I'm sure she's worth at least $300million. So much of her shit is private. Why else can she afford to not work for years on end? 

I always wondered why Janet was never the face of Colgate or Crest. Her smile alone would sell. She could have had a make-up deal and even a hair-line. Especially in the 90's. I guess she was more concerned with her music and touring. Which I can respect.

I've never believed thats all Janet was worth. Aside from years and years of touring and royalties from pretty much cowriting every single song she's ever done, people tend to forget (and/or didnt know)  that out of all her peers, Janet's deal had her collecting more of a percentage of royalties from her album sales ...even more than MJ and Madonna. She was literally the highest paid singer at one point.

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 3

I've never believed thats all Janet was worth. Aside from years and years of touring and royalties from pretty much cowriting every single song she's ever done, people tend to forget (and/or didnt know)  that out of all her peers, Janet's deal had her collecting more of a percentage of royalties from her album sales ...even more than MJ and Madonna. She was literally the hightest paid singer at one point.

all very true....she signed that Virgin deal and got paid....Mariah got over though they paid her to leave Janet had to stay and keep putting out

Sure did! I saw that and when he said it. I was like now you know damn well you didn't forget your wallet at home.

I was disgusted. I don't believe he'd go out anywhere without money. He may of hid his money from Janet but he damn sure didn't hide if from the IRS-_-

all very true....she signed that Virgin deal and got paid....Mariah got over though they paid her to leave Janet had to stay and keep putting out

yeah but Mariah only got $40 million to leave which is embarrassing for a company to pay you to leave them. Janet kept all of her money including the royalties. 

Becuz Glitter happened and Virgin was like.... "Uhhhhh...Mariah, darling ..we made a hugeeee mistake! Bitch we wont be needing your services. Let us buy you out of your contract asap so u can get the fuck outta here PRONTO!" :lol: 

So Im not sure if I would say Mariah got over cus she only got paid $28 mill to leave...it aint like she got the $100 mill that she had initially signed on the dotted line for.   

I remember an interview during the A4U era they asked Janet how she felt about Mariah's Virgin deal trumping hers for the all time biggest contract for a singer and Janet laughed and was like... "Uh, thats good for her. Im not stupid you guys. Its not like I thought my contract was gonna be the biggest forever. "

Like Janet was suppose to be mad or something :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 3

I was disgusted. I don't believe he'd go out anywhere without money. He may of hid his money from Janet but he damn sure didn't hide if from the IRS-_-

yeah but Mariah only got $40 million to leave which is embarrassing for a company to pay you to leave them. Janet kept all of her money including the royalties. 

But in JD's defense Janet did say when she got with JD it was weird for her at first cus he would pick up the tab and she was so use to flipping the bill in her relationships prior to where it sorta made her uncomfortable cus thats all she knew. Obviously JD was a hell of alot wealthier than James Debarge and Rene 

And got paid 28 mill to leave not 40

But in JD's defense Janet did say when she got with JD it was weird for her at first cus he would pick up the tab and she was so use to flipping the bill in her relationships prior to where it sorta made her uncomfortable cus thats all she knew. Obviously JD was a hell of alot wealthier than James Debarge and Rene 

And got paid 28 mill to leave not 40

So Janet was co-dependent. Damn only 28 million? Well I guess she better be glad she got that