Dubai World Cup

feehgarcia

The rwu tour def is her biggest and best 

yea I feel like if I had seen it in person I would feel the same way... I mean I damn near do feel the same way already and I only seen't it on YouTube! Lol

i would've gone to the September 13th 2008 show at the oracle arena in Oakland but months before her dates were announced I already committed myself to be best man in my homie's wedding that took place the exact same damn day!!....and the worst part of it all: THEY FKN GOT DIVORCED A YEAR LATER!! <_<

Edited by Dal

what makes it better? Honest question..

I saw this tour front row and it was amazing! But I can't help but feel that everything (imo) about the RWU tour was just a notch higher and better than the UWT..

RWU had some weird theme / story going on. I was front row for that tour (my first Janet tour). 

This tour looks 1003x better in quality. Even the costumes look better now than RWU (although there were many costume changes) 

• Upvote 1

Number ones looked really good to me from the vids and pics I saw in the beginning.. ..especially the costumes.   Btw time it came to SF and I saw it, she cut out all costumes.

giphy.gif

Edited by msboz
sp

RWU had some weird theme / story going on. I was front row for that tour (my first Janet tour). 

This tour looks 1003x better in quality. Even the costumes look better now than RWU (although there were many costume changes) 

oh ya kno what.. I remember that now.. I also thought that shit was weird af! Her giant evil/good floating head is something I didn't really get.. And then the part where she was squirming on the floor screaming like she was being raped was off the wall batty...?

but i know I'm most likely in the minority here but I was feelin most (not all) of them outfits tho! I thought the If/RN costume was dooope and I also really liked the yellow jumpsuit..that shit showed off dem big ol booty cakes and made me wanna just shove my face all up in there like RAWR!! ?

And I loved the Mohawk folks...yup!

Edited by Dal
  • Upvote 1

oh ya kno what.. I remember that now.. I also thought that shit was weird af! Her giant evil/good floating head is something I didn't really get.. And then the part where she was squirming on the floor screaming like she was being raped was off the wall batty...?

but i know I'm most likely in the minority here but I was feelin most (not all) of them outfits tho! I thought the If/RN costume was dooope and I also really liked the yellow jumpsuit..that shit showed off dem big ol booty cakes and made me wanna just shove my face all up in there like RAWR!! ?

And I loved the Mohawk folks...yup!

Yeah.. some of the outfits were cool.. The white jumpsuit was extra cute... Strongly disliked the hair tho.. but she was killing it

Number Ones started off good but then she nix the changes and dumbed it down.

Her energy and attitude went HARD on RWU..like bitch was slaying non stop.  The mohawk was my fav, It worked so well.  She was like Storm Orro Damita Jo Jackson.  The only outfit on RWU I didn't care for was the tribal one.   The theme was related to Star Wars..That was the story going on. It was a war between good and evil janet.  But yeah the rape thingy I didn't understand lol   The catwalk stage was everything too.  If you noticed she still uses some of the same stage ligthing from the RWU tour

• Upvote 4

Yeah.. some of the outfits were cool.. The white jumpsuit was extra cute... Strongly disliked the hair tho.. but she was killing it

Number Ones started off good but then she nix the changes and dumbed it down.

yea she def should've kept the costumes on that tour.. That opening show in the Philippines (I think) when she had on that silver skin tight jumpsuit was even BETTER than the yellow one from RWU!

Her energy and attitude went HARD on RWU..like bitch was slaying non stop.  The mohawk was my fav, It worked so well.  She was like Storm Orro Damita Jo Jackson.  The only outfit on RWU I didn't care for was the tribal one.   The theme was related to Star Wars..That was the story going on. It was a war between good and evil janet.  But yeah the rape thingy I didn't understand lol   The catwalk stage was everything too.  If you noticed she still uses some of the same stage ligthing from the RWU tour

Oh yes the stage was her best I think.. It's a good way to up the ticket prices too since even the folks in the back get to be relatively closer to her than if she just stayed on the one stage like she has now.. Really wish she would have a catwalk again sometime.. Loved the way they implemented it into the show..

i also think that was the greatest set list she's ever had..point blank period!

i get the feeling that show was expensive AF to put on every night though.. Which is why she suddenly came down with "vertigo" ??.. 

Oh what could've been..

Ive seen her live now 11 times over 5 tours, the only tour I didn't see live was RN, having said that they all had some great moments, the current tour brings her back to pure performing, the lighting is spectacular, you really have to be there live to see how well staged the show is...its very fast paced too there aren't moments that drag 

• Upvote 1

Ive seen her live now 11 times over 5 tours, the only tour I didn't see live was RN, having said that they all had some great moments, the current tour brings her back to pure performing, the lighting is spectacular, you really have to be there live to see how well staged the show is...its very fast paced too there aren't moments that drag 

This is what amazed me.

The progression of the lighting during the BURNITUP! performance.

Notice how intricate and precise the lighting arrangement is. The song starts out pitch black with a silhouette of Janet, then she walks out on stage (still in silhouette), and the spotlight turns on right where she's standing while the backdrop kicks in as the chorus comes on. One of my favorite parts is really subtle, it's the transition from verse to chorus where all the lights fade in and out really quickly with that... whizzing-like bass. 

Then throughout the second verse the side screens kick in, and get brighter as the verse progresses. Then again, the transition between verse and chorus, but this time it's even more intense and blinding. It's creates another silhouette for a split second. The really cool part during BIU! is how the strobe lights surround the stage and start flashing into the audience during the second chorus of the song. 

The lighting during the show is just all around spectacular. 

• Upvote 4

RWU Tour was incredible IMO. Saw it in DC and NYC.  I really enjoyed that she added songs from her first albums, had the runway-styled stage, and I really liked the mohawk and costumes. Overall, Janet was on fleek!

Wishing her the best in Dubai. Can't wait to see the pics and some of the footage!! :D

• Upvote 3

This is what amazed me.

The progression of the lighting during the BURNITUP! performance.

Notice how intricate and precise the lighting arrangement is. The song starts out pitch black with a silhouette of Janet, then she walks out on stage (still in silhouette), and the spotlight turns on right where she's standing while the backdrop kicks in as the chorus comes on. One of my favorite parts is really subtle, it's the transition from verse to chorus where all the lights fade in and out really quickly with that... whizzing-like bass. 

Then throughout the second verse the side screens kick in, and get brighter as the verse progresses. Then again, the transition between verse and chorus, but this time it's even more intense and blinding. It's creates another silhouette for a split second. The really cool part during BIU! is how the strobe lights surround the stage and start flashing into the audience during the second chorus of the song. 

The lighting during the show is just all around spectacular. 

Hey the intro of Nasty there was never a bright flash of light before like there is in this video. I just noticed that was added unless I just never paid attention 

I think his name is Melanie

Whoops.  Well all the people who posted this photo have now deleted it.  Not sure what the point of that was.  The photo was deleted from their accounts but it is still all over IG and twitter.  You can't hide anything in 2016.  The picture didn't really reveal anything.  You can barely see them.  

• Upvote 1

what makes it better? Honest question..

I saw this tour front row and it was amazing! But I can't help but feel that everything (imo) about the RWU tour was just a notch higher and better than the UWT..

By far, IMO, the RWU tour was one of the best tours. It had the longest run time, she was dancing FAR MORE...less of the strut I mean and less breaks, and the stage was big with removable flooring & lifts. Pros & the one of the BEST set list. With all the songs through her career. This tour is great & I love these remixes more but that tour was great. 

• Upvote 1

By far, IMO, the RWU tour was one of the best tours. It had the longest run time, she was dancing FAR MORE...less of the strut I mean and less breaks, and the stage was big with removable flooring & lifts. Pros & the one of the BEST set list. With all the songs through her career. This tour is great & I love these remixes more but that tour was great. 

that sucks man. Janet wasn't selling well in some cities.  Sucks she couldn't make it up somehow. I mean she could have at least moved to a smaller Venue maybe.  When I saw her in San Diego for the RWU tour it was maybe 60% full. The whole top sections were empty. It made me cringe. I was shocked as hell it wasn't a full house. I had just seen her in Oakland and LA and those were full houses indeed.  i remember groupon had a sale of tickets too. I has a feeling something was going on.  She still put on her show and I feel her energy and the crowd was the best in SD out all  3 I saw of the show. 

• Upvote 2

She did say that. But Gurl we know UCAP was a reality check to save her brand after realizing she couldnt do full scale Arena tours like she used to.  The concept was a stripped down RWU show.  Shit even Stripped down to the costumes and weaves!  

Edited by msboz
  • Upvote 1

She did say that. But Gurl we know UCAP was a reality check to save her brand after realizing she couldnt do full scale Arena tours like she used to.  The concept was a stripped down RWU show.  Shit even Stripped down to the costumes and weaves!  

and it was a smart move which is why the first leg of this tour was so succesful. 

• Upvote 1