So I just wanna know, why y'all asses don't like "Greatest X"

LyricalLesson

I loathe, and I mean loathe, "Someone To Call My Lover," but "Greatest Ex" is by far the worst.

:lol::lol::lol: I just can't understand why, for the life of me, lol. It really baffles my mind. I would venture to say, over the course of the last 6 years or so, that "GX" has to be, on average, THE most hated Janet song, period (at least as far as this board is concerned). I fr fr dig it, a LOT, not even trying to troll even a little bit, hahaha.

"Someone To Call My Lover" is only 'okay' to me...not the biggest fan. I remember being IRRITATED when they decided to release it as the second single over the masterpiece that is "Trust A Try" -_--_--_-

• Upvote 1

STAHP. Leave the masterpiece that is STCML alone <_< :rolleyes: 

The only good thing about that song, is how delicious Janet looks in the video. I was thoroughly pissed, and annoyed that Janet didn't release other gems, and made videos for, like Come On Get up, You Ain't Right, or Trust A Try.

STCML wasn't one of my faves when it came out, but the song and JD's remix both grew on me. It's also a favorite of a lot of my friends who are just casual Janet listeners. But I def wish we got Trust a Try and Come on Get Up videos. 

Mine neither until I felt the emotion and the inspiration behind the song ^_^ JD helped <_< 

STCML wasn't one of my faves when it came out, but the song and JD's remix both grew on me. It's also a favorite of a lot of my friends who are just casual Janet listeners.

That song sounds like summertime to my ears.. Pretty much the only season when I'll listen to it..

• Upvote 1

STAHP. Leave the masterpiece that is STCML alone <_< :rolleyes: 

Maybe we'll meet at a bar
He'll drive a funky car
Maybe we'll meet at a club
And fall so deeply in love
He'll tell me I'm the one
And we'll have so much fun
I'll be the girl of his dreams maybe
Alright maybe gonna find him today
I gotta get someone to call my lover
Yeah baby come on
Alright baby come in
Pass my way
I gotta get someone to call my lover
Yeah baby come on
Ayye ayye ayyee ayyee....

BARF!!!!
I STILL HAVEN'T FORGIVEN JANET FOR MAKING A VIDEO FOR THIS CRAP SONG. "You Ain't Right" is the "Burnitup" of that era. Songs that Janet ignored. Maybe after DB, she'll make a video for "Gonna Be Alright." :rolleyes:

Sexhibition is dope. 

Janet did say numerous times the next singles would be come on get up and trust a try. Rumor is the record company didn't have the funds because they had to pay out Mariah for her glitter disaster.  All for you was a pretty awsome era.  Just like all her previous ones. She just kept going and going and getting bigger and bigger. Then BAM. Th era abruptly ended.  It was weird to have such a short era when previous albums life spanned nearly 2 years each. We have been fucked for proper videos since. Such a damn shame. She did drop he next album sooner than usual.  But we all know that doomsday in 2004

Edited by msboz
  • Upvote 3

BARF!!!!
I STILL HAVEN'T FORGIVEN JANET FOR MAKING A VIDEO FOR THIS CRAP SONG. "You Ain't Right" is the "Burnitup" of that era. Songs that Janet ignored. Maybe after DB, she'll make a video for "Gonna Be Alright." :rolleyes:

The video kinda helped the song from being so mediocre. You Aint Right was never a single...BIU was, i think :unsure: