So I just wanna know, why y'all asses don't like "Greatest X"

LyricalLesson

Listening to those two songs always give me Everytime vibes - another ballad I love, but doesn't seem to be that popular with fans. I wasn't that impressed with the ballads on Damita Jo and 20YO so I was glad to get a couple of pop ballads on Discipline.

I LOVE Everytime. I think it just gets kissed in the shuffle as the last single on a great album. I wish should would do it live once.

• Upvote 1

I'd consider Well Travaled a ballad too so that would be my pick for the best ballad she's done since 30 copies sold. Promise of You and Lessons Learned are great as well. 

I like After You Fall <_< Everybody seems to hate it but I like it :lol: 

• Upvote 1

I really do love Greatest X and never cared too much for Never Letchu Go. I enjoy it for what it is, a Janet album track. However, I do feel Greatest X and Never Letchu Go showcase two of Janet's WORST vocal performances. Especially Never Letchu Go and that horrible production AND vocal production. 

I think With U is one of Janet's best ballads (at-least post 2000), it's such a beautiful song. I've really grown to appreciate it a lot more in recent months, and I feel like it deserves more recognition than what it gets. 

Lessons Learned is a gorgeous song as well. Everything about it is perfect. The lyrical content is deep, the melodies are on point, the production is fresh, and the harmonies are stacked right. 

Edited by stephen1108

I really do love Greatest X and never cared too much for Never Letchu Go. I enjoy it for what it is, a Janet album track. However, I do feel Greatest X and Never Letchu Go showcase two of Janet's WORST vocal performances. Especially Never Letchu Go and that horrible production AND vocal production. 

I think With U is one of Janet's best ballads (at-least post 2000), it's such a beautiful song. I've really grown to appreciate it a lot more in recent months, and I feel like it deserves more recognition than what it gets. 

Lessons Learned is a gorgeous song as well. Everything about it is perfect. The lyrical content is deep, the melodies are on point, the production is fresh, and the harmonies are stacked right. 

Def one of her strongest in recent times and of her whole catalogue

• Upvote 1

Funny.  After You Fall is the only song I skip on unbreakable.  The subject matter and lyrics are awesome and her vocals are good too.  But yeah it drags and kills my boner. Should have put that track at the very end 

it's about 40 seconds too long

You see, how do you define ballad? TC is sexy and slow, but is it a ballad? Im not sure :umm: I Want You - would you consider that a ballad?

Take Care is in the same category as ATAP & Anything. A quiet storm song

I Want You is a ballad(?) in some aspect. I love the live rendition she did on Ryan Seacrest's show. I have the audio to it but the album version is missing something 

ewww I always skip that track. It's listenable but I just ain't got time lol. That's a song you gotta listen to while cleaning up or something. My ex best friend Rafiel loves that song tho. I think it's just about his favorite Janet song. He even played it for his girlfriend and she was looking at him just like this as if he was giving her gay teas lol

janet-jackson-style-evolution-black-whit

.....Where do I begin, it's literally my least favorite song of her entire discography, including unreleased tracks, B-sides, alternate re-recorded remixes, several official remixes and fan remixes. It's boring, forgettable, weak & stale. It's the ONLY Janet song I don't remember a thing about, and I can't stress how bad that is to be me and be able to say. Never Letchu Go has it's issues, but it's not forgettable to me.

And I love After You Fall (though I agree, I do skip it often because it'll make me dive too deep into thoughts and emotions the song calls on, I do the same with Promise Of You, but less often....plus POY is hot, have had sex to it and bam, that song is everything, but I gotta hear both songs at the right time is the point or else they can change my vibe). And I love the Idol version of Nothing, that slays, I like the recorded version but the Idol version with the ad-libs, bitch please.

.....Where do I begin, it's literally my least favorite song of her entire discography, including unreleased tracks, B-sides, alternate re-recorded remixes, several official remixes and fan remixes. It's boring, forgettable, weak & stale. It's the ONLY Janet song I don't remember a thing about, and I can't stress how bad that is to be me and be able to say. Never Letchu Go has it's issues, but it's not forgettable to me.

And I love After You Fall (though I agree, I do skip it often because it'll make me dive too deep into thoughts and emotions the song calls on, I do the same with Promise Of You, but less often....plus POY is hot, have had sex to it and bam, that song is everything, but I gotta hear both songs at the right time is the point or else they can change my vibe). And I love the Idol version of Nothing, that slays, I like the recorded version but the Idol version with the ad-libs, bitch please.

Damn! Did you bury it far enough? "I deleted it from iTunes and it was never seen or heard from again" :lmao:

Nothing's Idol version GOES INNNNN!! I try to hit those notes. I think I'm pretty good.. Vocally it's one of her finest performances... Video wise and studio version-wise... It is at the bottom with GX

• Upvote 2

Damn! Did you bury it far enough? "I deleted it from iTunes and it was never seen or heard from again" :lmao:

Nothing's Idol version GOES INNNNN!! I try to hit those notes. I think I'm pretty good.. Vocally it's one of her finest performances... Video wise and studio version-wise... It is at the bottom with GX

I think that was my inner Game with that bluntness LOL, but no,it's....it's odd how a JANET JACKSON song can be so forgettable and have SUCH little impact on me, I mean there's maybe like what 5,6 songs of hers I just don't like, but this takes the cake cause it's so bad I forgot everything about it and continue to forget it within hours of listening... French blue, is Fresh Poo, but I know how that mess goes :lmao:

CHILLLLE, this is why when live CD's mattered she should've done one cause just like how I think the Control live/video mix trumps the album version, same for that version of Nothing, I raise ma hand fa Jansus when she does the "OH! Tell me what could the problem be!" and that "And you tell me NOT RIGHT NOW, I CAN'T LET IT GOOOOOOOO, noooo" YAS, the studio version could've used that boost badly. But I like it, but that Idol version kills it.

Im not that hard on Discipline I love Janet so every album has something to love back :wub:

Oh trust, I'm hard on Discipline because it is her (the way alot of fans are towards 20 & Disappointment) but I do love it, make no mistake there are things about every single Janet album (remix and compilations included) that I love, but Disappointment is just so phoned in. But mae no mistake if Ciara did that album (she well could've) it would be the highlight of her discography by far. But that's not saying much.

I think that was my inner Game with that bluntness LOL, but no,it's....it's odd how a JANET JACKSON song can be so forgettable and have SUCH little impact on me, I mean there's maybe like what 5,6 songs of hers I just don't like, but this takes the cake cause it's so bad I forgot everything about it and continue to forget it within hours of listening... French blue, is Fresh Poo, but I know how that mess goes :lmao:

CHILLLLE, this is why when live CD's mattered she should've done one cause just like how I think the Control live/video mix trumps the album version, same for that version of Nothing, I raise ma hand fa Jansus when she does the "OH! Tell me what could the problem be!" and that "And you tell me NOT RIGHT NOW, I CAN'T LET IT GOOOOOOOO, noooo" YAS, the studio version could've used that boost badly. But I like it, but that Idol version kills it.

Oh trust, I'm hard on Discipline because it is her (the way alot of fans are towards 20 & Disappointment) but I do love it, make no mistake there are things about every single Janet album (remix and compilations included) that I love, but Disappointment is just so phoned in. But mae no mistake if Ciara did that album (she well could've) it would be the highlight of her discography by far. But that's not saying much.

not saying much -_-