Who came up with these new rules against personal attacks..?

King Baby

To be honest, I don't know. I can't count how many people I banned and/or suspended on JJ.NET/JJ.COM for personal attacks.

The shit was getting out of hand over there. I think the mods here are pretty fair. The only thing that's annoying on this site is that it seems like we can't start a thread about simple things without stupid assed competition and attacks over NOTHING..But I'm glad you guys are cleaning it up.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite simple: if you didn't behave like children, and instead acted like adults with sense, there'd be no need for that rule.

It was a long time coming. Based on the multiple reports that I have been receiving, some people tend to take things too far, and it gets out of control. But, it will be on a case by case basis. If you can argue with someone and call it a wash and keep it moving, cool. If you can't and the problem persists and you go thread to thread berating each other, expect it to be noticed and to be dealt with. I'm not going to be paying for a forum that's filled with that type of nonsense. If you have issues expressing your opinion, then by all means, you will suffer any of the consequences that come with it.

PS. I do have ALL of the logs of the chatroom, so while you may think it's erased, if I ever need to go and find something, I will :)

wigsnatched2.gif

It's quite simple: if you didn't behave like children, and instead acted like adults with sense, there'd be no need for that rule.

It was a long time coming. Based on the multiple reports that I have been receiving, some people tend to take things too far, and it gets out of control. But, it will be on a case by case basis. If you can argue with someone and call it a wash and keep it moving, cool. If you can't and the problem persists and you go thread to thread berating each other, expect it to be noticed and to be dealt with. I'm not going to be paying for a forum that's filled with that type of nonsense. If you have issues expressing your opinion, then by all means, you will suffer any of the consequences that come with it.

PS. I do have ALL of the logs of the chatroom, so while you may think it's erased, if I ever need to go and find something, I will :)

We can still call each other bitches and hoes!

kd3h4z.gif

The shit was getting out of hand over there. I think the mods here are pretty fair. The only thing that's annoying on this site is that it seems like we can't start a thread about simple things without stupid assed competition and attacks over NOTHING..But I'm glad you guys are cleaning it up.

The mods are very good with speaking to each other before coming to a decision and looking at things in context. There's an area where I allow the moderators to hash things out amongst themselves and they've been pretty good with it.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the mods.

Yea I hate the unnecessary attacks and that needs to stop. But if there's a heated argument, we'll take a look at it. Usually when you have a history of fighting with someone and it results in destroying numerous threads over the same beef, then we as mods need to step in and take appropriate action.

But overall, it hasn't been as bad as the other board. That was too offensive and it drove people away.

The mods are very good with speaking to each other before coming to a decision and looking at things in context. There's an area where I allow the moderators to hash things out amongst themselves and they've been pretty good with it.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the mods.

Yea I hate the unnecessary attacks and that needs to stop. But if there's a heated argument, we'll take a look at it. Usually when you have a history of fighting with someone and it results in destroying numerous threads over the same beef, then we as mods need to step in and take appropriate action.

But overall, it hasn't been as bad as the other board. That was too offensive and it drove people away.

:thumbup::cheers::yahoo::cheer::wub::yep:

I'm not a punk bitch and I can say that all these years i've been a member of these Janet forums i've NEVER reported anyone for anything even if we fought like the worst enemies ever :filenails:

Lawd Joe...Reporting people dosen't make you a "punk bitch"...lmao! jj.net and this forum is far more laxed than any other forums. We definitely have way more freedom than other forums...However, some people have taken advantage of that and choose to be abusive and in a way bully people for no reason what so ever. Yes it's just a forum, yes it's just the internet. But sometimes the constant attacks get out of hand, totally unecessary, and like Angie said, it sometimes ruins fun threads.

Lawd Joe...Reporting people dosen't make you a "punk bitch"...lmao! jj.net and this forum is far more laxed than any other forums. We definitely have way more freedom than other forums...However, some people have taken advantage of that and choose to be abusive and in a way bully people for no reason what so ever. Yes it's just a forum, yes it's just the internet. But sometimes the constant attacks get out of hand, totally unecessary, and like Angie said, it sometimes ruins fun threads.

Honestly, that's not the best example to use, considering YOU were the first person to start with the personal attacks on ppl who disagreed with you.

And my post does not warrant a response from you.

:lmao: :lmao:

Let me guess...you're hot in the draws for the professor :sigh:

No it's Judicial Process, it's a required course for my major. Plus I just enjoy learning about the court system, laws, justice system, etc. And it's the same professor I had for Con Law I and II and got an A in both classes. Plus he has connections that can get me an internship this summer. B)

No it's Judicial Process, it's a required course for my major. Plus I just enjoy learning about the court system, laws, justice system, etc. And it's the same professor I had for Con Law I and II and got an A in both classes. Plus he has connections that can get me an internship this summer. B)

:clapping: Cheers to you :cheers:

admin-pwning-user-o.gif:whistle:

I knew you was gonna come with the hatchet... :excited:

But I am still motioning for a repeal of this new law Angela... :filenails:

And I am starting a movement to push for this repeal. Sarah Palin has her tea party movement, and I shall have my 'coffee click' movement and together we shall fight for justice and the right to cuss, fight, and post nude pics on the forum... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I knew you was gonna come with the hatchet... :excited:

But I am still motioning for a repeal of this new law Angela... :filenails:

And I am starting a movement to push for this repeal. Sarah Palin has her tea party movement, and I shall have my 'coffee click' movement and together we shall fight for justice and the right to cuss, fight, and post nude pics on the forum... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Archived