MTV VMA 2016

bu.

Yes she did good

Sorry to say but Prince was never viewed by the general public as a massive superstar on the levels of Michael, Janet, Madonna, Whitney, and Mariah. He just wasn't. For instance, when's the last time someone gave a prince tribute when he was alive? Michael, Janet, and Whitney have all had multiple tributes while they're still alive.

Prince was a massive superstar. The lack of tributes has more to do with him not wanting to be bothered. 

Britney is now a piss poor performer now. Better material don't mean anything if it's not performed well. Britney just doesn't have it anymore. Even she knows that.

She doesnt have confidence anymore or energy.   It is sad to see 

Wow at no tribute or even a mention of Prince.  I'm not even a Prince fan.  But he was one of four artist(MJ, Janet, Madonna, and Prince) who helped shaped MTV. The disrespect is real. 

He definitely helped shape MTV but he fell off a long long time ago. He released music later but it just didn't do well

He definitely helped shape MTV but he fell off a long long time ago. He released music later but it just didn't do well

It's because he went independant, and even then they still supported and replayed his older stuff, he was releasing albums every year but he handled promotions himself instead of depending on radio or the video DJ's, his videos were mostly premiered and available on his website. He seriously only fell off charts & sales wise, touring wise he never stopped and never stopped being in demand. 

I'm just watching them.....bored as hell.  I don't even get Beyonce's set.  I guess I'm not into Beyonce's music....it doesn't excite me and all she is visuals now and not the best at times. She's not authentic and that rant with the fur coat? WTF?  NO ONE HAS ENTERTAINED ME YET. 

where is that gif from ? :ph34r:

This really should speak volumes on the state of "entertainment". Who cares who stole the show if what they stole aint worth anything.

boy preach.....shit aint the same in the game....its like who got the most money right now ? its soooo not competitive ...its all smoke and mirrors

• Upvote 3

boy preach.....shit aint the same in the game....its like who got the most money right now ? its soooo not competitive ...its all smoke and mirrors

In today's world, Who got the most money, who got the most followers, who wore it better>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>musical & performance originality, integrity & spontaneity. Now you either recycle from what you do on tour, or what you saw on someone else do and call it new, or flag & flaunt what you're wearing. Bitches bye, no wonder some of the best this generation aint makin hits, they can't fit in with that.

Truth is Gaga's really the best we have in this generation to carry on what it means to be a full on real & original performer, like the simple fact that she designs performances JUST for her award show & TV performances like the best use to do, and not take what she's doing on tour and turn it into a medley. Bruno's good at it too, but Gaga does it to the extreme the way Michael, Janet, Prince & Madonna use to. I've really come to miss her in her absense, and I think it's proven how needed she is.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 3

In today's world, Who got the most money, who got the most followers, who wore it better>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>musical & performance originality, integrity & spontaneity. Now you either recycle from what you do on tour, or what you saw on someone else do and call it new, or flag & flaunt what you're wearing. Bitches bye, no wonder some of the best this generation aint makin hits, they can't fit in with that.
Truth is Gaga's really the best we have in this generation to carry on what it means to be a full on real & original performer, like the simple fact that she designs performances JUST for her award show & TV performances like the best use to do, and not take what she's doing on tour and turn it into a medley. Bruno's good at it too, but Gaga does it to the extreme the way Michael, Janet, Prince & Madonna use to. I've really come to miss her in her absense, and I think it's proven how needed she is.

I agree agree - her and Beyonce are the best performers we have today. Truth is they're the only singers that can put on a show as well. Then there's RIhanna who doesn't have the best vocals (which have improved a lot), isn't that great of a performer (sorry but Sunday she was shit) but makes great music. Then there's Taylor and Katy who are just....yeah. 

you're really trying to wet my Pussy aren't you. -_- 

I don't do that anymore. -_- 

You can make an exception

Rihanna was superb.  Performing four times with an array of different styles of music. I loved that.  That dancehall segment and the ballad segment>>>>

A true superstar and a legend in the making.

Everything else was ok to tragic.

Superb is slightly exaggerating, no?

Rihanna-2016-MTV-Video-Music-Awards-Perf