MTV VMA 2016

bu.

I'm glad Bey did what I needed her to o all era,  do a performance to make me wish I liked Formation like the video made me, the last 2 performances of the album medley was great.

Yea Britney made 2 mistakes, she should've opened, & her performance was fine till the rapper showed up, like bitch pull a "That's The Way Love Goes/If 93 VMA's" and give a buz to your 2nd single damn!

Rih's 1st Medley was perfect, the 2nd had it's moments, and the 3rd was OK & then BBHMM ate. The important thing is though, this should really only happen with Gaga, if you're going to have various medly's I need them to go vastly different and they aren't, not enough anyway.

Edited by jarrylf

Anyway I missed Rihs final performance! I heard she was serving vocals?!

YES, truthfully, Rih's 1st & last med were the best and really could've been 1 super powerful amazing medley with parts from the 2 in the middle, but 4 scattered throughout the show, a bit more than she can carry, but she carried them notes tonight for them ballads!

There was no Prince tribute?

That's so FUCKIN disrespectful, like....FOR REAL, he is the FIRST, very 1st black artist played on MTV with Little Red Corvette (MJ wrongly gets this credit, he's actually the 2nd). That...I'm puzzled to what the fuck had to transpire between Prince & MTV because ...he's VERY much a music video pioneer in the same way MJ, Madonna & Janet were, but to get NOTHING...Did he like take a shit in some of the execs desk when he was on a drug high or something? Cause they just did him wrong 

• Upvote 1

Anyway I missed Rihs final performance! I heard she was serving vocals?!

Yes she did good

There was no Prince tribute?

Sorry to say but Prince was never viewed by the general public as a massive superstar on the levels of Michael, Janet, Madonna, Whitney, and Mariah. He just wasn't. For instance, when's the last time someone gave a prince tribute when he was alive? Michael, Janet, and Whitney have all had multiple tributes while they're still alive.

• Downvote 1

^^ no Prince was huge, he was, he like so many other stars became private towards the latter part of his career but he was huge ....the fact we are discussing him at all when MTV didnt pay him any homage says something

Back in the 80s mainly. The last time he really had a hit was in the early 90s. Of course he was huge but not on their levels. He's a Legend but his longevity wasn't on their level.

• Upvote 1

Back in the 80s mainly. The last time he really had a hit was in the early 90s. Of course he was huge but not on their levels. He's a Legend but his longevity wasn't on their level.

yet he sold out the 02 arena like 15 nights in a row some record he made recently that not one of those people broke, Michael would have broken it  but we know the rest there :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Yes she did good

Sorry to say but Prince was never viewed by the general public as a massive superstar on the levels of Michael, Janet, Madonna, Whitney, and Mariah. He just wasn't. For instance, when's the last time someone gave a prince tribute when he was alive? Michael, Janet, and Whitney have all had multiple tributes while they're still alive.

He got the BET Lifetime achievement tribute in 2010, whens the last Madonna tribute on a award show? His tours were selling out in no time in major arenas, when he'd announce dates days earlier. His sales didn't match theirs but his influence went further in alot of ways.

^^ no Prince was huge, he was, he like so many other stars became private towards the latter part of his career but he was huge ....the fact we are discussing him at all when MTV didnt pay him any homage says something

All this

• Upvote 2

He got the BET Lifetime achievement tribute in 2010, whens the last Madonna tribute on a award show? His tours were selling out in no time in major arenas, when he'd announce dates days earlier. His sales didn't match theirs but his influence went further in alot of ways.

All this

tanks boo  :wub:

• Upvote 1

Prince is LEGENDARY :blink: and he IS up there with Mike,Janet, Whit,Mariah,etc...., some would say he is more legendary than most of them. TF ARE YALL SMOKING to act like Prince aint on somebody's level. Are yall on earth or Mars right now.??????????????????????????

and it is VERY odd they didnt do a Prince tribute. He was one of the pioneers during MTV era  becoming " a thing"

• Upvote 3

No Bowie tribute either. I'm shocked because they were both very visual artists

They made a new category this year to honour Lemonade as a long form video. I mean even if they introduced it as the Prince Long Form Video Award in honour of Purple Rain I'd have been happy. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 2