"Made For Now" Single Dropping Soon

ScottB

4 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Wait you’re using facts and data but then the facts and data of - record sales are not being used to classify the album? You’re a constant contradiction. Also - YOU WANT this music to continue, MAYBE it will & maybe it won’t. I bet the next few tracks you get won’t be a continuation of that legacy. I bet that for sure. 

Im not saying their music together wasn’t good - I’m saying DJ was a very solid album & is only discredited due to the surrounding scandal. Your dislike for it to me falls inline with the other mindless shit you say. If you’re not a fan of anything outside of Jimmy/Terry get prepared to be disappointed in what she drops next. It will in MANY ways be a departure from that you cling to so heavily.

And it happened live… which many never thought would be. Island Life is forever a vibe. 

Sales =/= quality.. that’s been predetermined years ago. Not a contradiction but it doesn’t determine the quality of an album

Damita Jo as a whole is not a solid album. It had no real theme (sex and blah blah blah was an overkill at that time of her career). I’m ignoring the scandal and it doesn’t change the fact that DJ is a lower quality compared to her legacy including UNBREAKABLE. I’m going to love whatever she brings to the table but I will compare it 

Island Life is amazing 

8 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Sales =/= quality.. that’s been predetermined years ago. Not a contradiction but it doesn’t determine the quality of an album

Damita Jo as a whole is not a solid album. It had no real theme (sex and blah blah blah was an overkill at that time of her career). I’m ignoring the scandal and it doesn’t change the fact that DJ is a lower quality compared to her legacy including UNBREAKABLE. I’m going to love whatever she brings to the table but I will compare it 

Island Life is amazing 

Undeniably the theme of DJ was a new love, and unlike the next two albums that followed it actually fit with where she was. The islands is where her & JD solidified what they had - Spending Time With You, Island Life, My Baby, Truly, I Want You. 

JD introduced her to more confident sides of herself AND they got into strippers together - Damita Jo, Strawberry Bounce. 

Thinking About My Ex was a wild card because she wanted to work with Babyface & had BEEN wanting to do so. Personally I love that song. 

It’s not that the album didn’t have a theme it’s that you didn’t care for the theme. 

32 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Undeniably the theme of DJ was a new love, and unlike the next two albums that followed it actually fit with where she was. The islands is where her & JD solidified what they had - Spending Time With You, Island Life, My Baby, Truly, I Want You. 

JD introduced her to more confident sides of herself AND they got into strippers together - Damita Jo, Strawberry Bounce. 

Thinking About My Ex was a wild card because she wanted to work with Babyface & had BEEN wanting to do so. Personally I love that song. 

It’s not that the album didn’t have a theme it’s that you didn’t care for the theme. 

Ehh janet. was about “new love” (basically)... I get the theme she was going for.. it just wasn’t a good continuation of her career 

Ex was beautiful and 100% needed to be on the album 

That’s true 

PS: I see what you did there with the insight :shifty: :wub: 

29 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Thank you! That was one of my dreams was for Janet to perform that live. Now I need "Lonely", "SloLove", "Feels So Right" and possibly "And On, And On". :)  I really wish she would've released "Like You Don't Love Me". That definitely would've been a hit on R&B radio

I could see this coming through if the setlist has changed . On & On would be cool...Slolove I don't think would come to life live, just like Damn Baby.

17 minutes ago, vibeology said:

I could see this coming through if the setlist has changed . On & On would be cool...Slolove I don't think would come to life live, just like Damn Baby.

she did Dammn Baby on tour lol. I could see her singing SloLove cause i'm definitely tired of seeing All Nite

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

Ehh janet. was about “new love” (basically)... I get the theme she was going for.. it just wasn’t a good continuation of her career 

Ex was beautiful and 100% needed to be on the album 

That’s true 

PS: I see what you did there with the insight :shifty: :wub: 

No Janet was about womanhood, freedom, & discovery or emergence of sexuality. 

DJ was about love & her finding it again after marriage that hurt her deeply & a love unlike those she’s been known for. By that time, Janet had become known for what she delivered on DJ - love songs. 

Only thing she could have done at that time was fight back against what she was going through in a raw way. For whatever reason she didn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LawdToday said:

Y'all really sit in here all day and argue with that fool lmao

!!!!

is there an ignore function on here?

hes miserable, i don’t post on here often but everytime I swing by she’s literally dismissing what someone has said, valid or not.

never seen someone so combative, argumentative and committed to being a contrarian all the time.

its like she either thinks she’s the only Janet fan to exist or something.

like damn let others have an opinion, you don’t always let someone know they’re “wrong”

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, vibeology said:

she did and I don't think it was done justice... it doesn't translates well live imo

Yep I agree that Damn baby didn't translate great on the tour. Maybe they could Funk it up a bit.

And I definitely was mad she keeps short changing my all time fav.... IGL 

It deserves it own time to shine damn it! ?

5 hours ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

!!!!

hes miserable, i don’t post on here often but everytime I swing by she’s literally dismissing what someone has said, valid or not.

never seen someone so combative, argumentative and committed to being a contrarian all the time.

like damn let others have an opinion, you don’t always let someone know they’re “wrong”

There is an ignore feature and you’re more than welcome to tuck your tail and use it. No one cares if ya do. I’m also a man with a big dick... byeeeeeee

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Dammn Baby was ok to me, I liked a few parts of it. I think the vocal alteration of it makes it a bit “eh” live but I do like it. 

Her switching up the set list is probably the best move she’s made touring wise in years. I’d love to see her bring back FHTF - she’s done it on one tour & ignored it too long. 

Ive always said she has classics & Staples she has to perform but she NEEDS to keep audiences guessing about what they’ll get from her long list of hits. She has too many songs to give the same set list. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, bu. said:

But it has already happened boo. Island Life is a bop

Where exactly?!? It's grown at me, but I don't really see the hype. R&B radio wasn't gonna play it. Urban AC might had, but it wouldn't have legs to it.

DJ probably would have been better received (by critics) if it was released now, as she is no longer in her prime, but I don't hear much that would have taken off in 2004. Definitely not My Baby!!!!

I think Sexhibition would have done well with a decent rap feature. It didn't necessarily fit with what was popular then, but it was definitely a Janet Jackson song that could have appealed to some non-fans. Spending time with you would have caught on on urban AC.

1 hour ago, Illi said:

Where exactly?!? It's grown at me, but I don't really see the hype. R&B radio wasn't gonna play it. Urban AC might had, but it wouldn't have legs to it.

DJ probably would have been better received (by critics) if it was released now, as she is no longer in her prime, but I don't hear much that would have taken off in 2004. Definitely not My Baby!!!!

I think Sexhibition would have done well with a decent rap feature. It didn't necessarily fit with what was popular then, but it was definitely a Janet Jackson song that could have appealed to some non-fans. Spending time with you would have caught on on urban AC.

I don’t think they think it should have been a single. I just think they’re saying it’s the best thing that came from that kitchen of mess

Radio won’t play Janet then and now 

I notice anything with Cardi B gets airplay, so there's that ....as for Janet the best thing she can do is continue to release well crafted songs that are written by her and let that speak for itself, "Unbreakable" was a breath of fresh air and very Janet ....Im hoping she's got something the fans are going to love

23 hours ago, bu. said:

But it has already happened boo. Island Life is a bop

it is a bop ....it's so tough because if you dissect some of Janet's later albums I swear there isn't a single album she has where there's nothing to enjoy you can find something that is hitting

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

I don’t think they think it should have been a single. I just think they’re saying it’s the best thing that came from that kitchen of mess

Radio won’t play Janet then and now 

My point still stands. It was ok at best. Spending Time With was a superior mellow track imo. 

Eh, I think Janet should have fought for her projects more, but that' another topic.

Some of y'all are so damn negative. How do y'all know none of the songs from Damita Jo would've done well just cause y'all weren't feeling it. Just A Little While was blowing up on radio until the backlash. All Nite was a dance hit, Like You Don't Love Me would've been a hit on urban r&b radio and who knows what else. The album still sold 3 million worldwide without much promotion

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Game For Now said:

giphy.gif

1) Sales don’t matter

2) So you don’t remember the international promo tour she did :umm: 

she didn't do a tour and no I don't remember the international tour. All I know is she said she didn't tour cause they wanted her to get in the studio again

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

!!!!

lmao right. The kicker is, they really be entertaining it. Ignore and the thread would be much smoother