Tonight’s the Night vs 2 B Loved

I Get Lonely vs Take Me Away

Rope Burn vs Lessons Learned

Anything vs Black Eagle 

Special vs Well Travelled

Cant Be Stopped vs Gon B Alright

6 hours ago, J. said:

Hdjxjcjcj jcjjc

LoL I’m in an Unbreakable mood right now. Ask me in a month and I might change back to The Velvet Rope. I’ve worn TVR out during the beginning of quarantine and for some reason I’ve been so into Unbreakable lately  

The Velvet Rope  Unbreakable

You  BURNITUP!

Got Til It’s Gone  Dammn Baby

My Need  the Great Forever

Go Deep  Shoulda Known Better

Free Xone  After You Fall

Together Again Broken Hearts Heal

Empty  Night

What About  No Sleeep

Everytime  Dream Maker/Euphoria

Tonight’s the Night   2 B Loved

I Get Lonely  Take Me Away

Rope Burn   Lessons Learned

Anything   Black Eagle

Special   Well Traveled

Cant Be Stopped  Gon B Alright

Just now, kcho said:

The Velvet Rope  Unbreakable

You  BURNITUP!

Got Til It’s Gone  Dammn Baby

My Need  the Great Forever

Go Deep  Shoulda Known Better

Free Xone  After You Fall

Together Again Broken Hearts Heal

Empty  Night

What About  No Sleeep

Everytime  Dream Maker/Euphoria

Tonight’s the Night   2 B Loved

I Get Lonely  Take Me Away

Rope Burn   Lessons Learned

Anything   Black Eagle

Special   Well Traveled

Cant Be Stopped  Gon B Alright

To me the answer is clear. TVR is an amazing compilation. It all just fits so well together and is a true piece of art. It was a very creative album, tour and project. EVERY track and interlude on that album is great. From the intro to the last hidden track.

Now I'm not saying Unbreakable isn't great. It is a good album with some great songs like The Great Forever and Black Eagle (which is one of my all time faves from her). I do not, however, think that every track on that album is great. The less good tracks imo are: Burn it up, 2 B loved, No sleeep, Well traveled and Gon b alright. Some of the songs feel like just filling to get an album together.

• Like 1

For me

The Velvet Rope vs. Unbreakable

You vs. BURNITUP!

Got Til It’s Gone vs Dammn Baby

My Need vs. the Great Forever

Go Deep vs. Shoulda Known Better

Free Xone vs. After You Fall

Together Again vs Broken Hearts Heal

Empty vs. Night

What About vs No Sleeep

Everytime vs Dreammaker

Tonight’s the Night vs 2 B Loved

I Get Lonely vs Take Me Away

Rope Burn vs Lessons Learned

Anything vs Black Eagle 

Special vs Well Travelled

Cant Be Stopped vs Gon B Alright

1. "Video Introduction" (contains elements from "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)", "Nasty", "Rock with U", "Every Time", "Rhythm Nation", and "Scream")
  2. "BURNITUP!" (contains elements of "Lose Control")
  3. "Nasty" (contains elements of "I Don't Fuck with You")
  4. "Feedback"
  5. "Miss You Much" / "Alright" / "You Want This"
  6. "Control" / "What Have You Done for Me Lately" / "The Pleasure Principle"
  7. "2 B Loved"("Escapade")
  8. "When I Think of You" / "All for You"
  9. "All Nite (Don't Stop)"
  10. "Love Will Never Do (Without You)"
  11. "After You Fall"
  12. "The Great Forever"("Again" / "Come Back to Me" / "Let's Wait Awhile")
  13. "I Get Lonely"
  14. "Any Time, Any Place" (contains elements of "Poetic Justice")
  15. "No Sleeep"
  16. "Got 'til It's Gone"
  17. "That's the Way Love Goes" (contains elements of "Classic Man")
  18. "Together Again" (DJ Premier 100 in a 50 Remix)
  19. "Dammn Baby"("The Best Things in Life Are Free"/"Throb")
  20. "Night"
  21. "Lessons Learned"("Black Cat")
  22. "If"
  23. "Scream" / "Rhythm Nation"
Encore
  1. "Shoulda Known Better"
  2. "Unbreakable"
  3. "Gon B Alright"

1 hour ago, jinthahouse said:

She was sannngging on Unbreakable and Well Travelled. I love her voice moreso now. Its much more rich and powerful. THE HARMONIES

More powerful? No it's not. Every human loses power in their voice the older they get

7 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I think her voice has become more full n less light is what they might mean. Like there’s maturity and growth in it. 

power is definitely the wrong choice of words and of course it's less light. She can't hit the notes like she used to. Unless you're Patti or Aretha your voice is automatically going to get deeper or raspier as a woman when you get older

19 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

power is definitely the wrong choice of words and of course it's less light. She can't hit the notes like she used to. Unless you're Patti or Aretha your voice is automatically going to get deeper or raspier as a woman when you get older

Mmmm I wouldn’t say she can’t hit the high notes anymore. Unbreakable had some of Janet’s best vocals for sure. Not to mention Made For Now! The thing is Janet has always been too timid to sing out full on songs because of her insecurity about her vocal range. Janet’s voice has always lacked raw power but made up for it in versatility. She can sing Rock, R&B, Jazz, Country, Folk, POP, etc. unlike her contemporaries. It’s always been about how she uses her voice and her harmonies?!?!! Even Brandy stans those harmonies!!! 👍❤️🤪😎

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Mmmm I wouldn’t say she can’t hit the high notes anymore. Unbreakable had some of Janet’s best vocals for sure. Not to mention Made For Now! The thing is Janet has always been too timid to sing out full on songs because of her insecurity about her vocal range. Janet’s voice has always lacked raw power but made up for it in versatility. She can sing Rock, R&B, Jazz, Country, Folk, POP, etc. unlike her contemporaries. It’s always been about how she uses her voice and her harmonies?!?!! Even Brandy stans those harmonies!!! 👍❤️🤪😎

hmm nah Janet was never too timid to sing full out on songs cause she's done it plenty of times. She was just always insecure about her voice not being big but she's definitely sung full out and yes we all know about how she uses her voice and harmonies. I love the Unbreakable album and as far as content it's definitely one of her better albums. I feel on that album she barely sang in her higher tone which is when she always sounds better

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

hmm nah Janet was never too timid to sing full out on songs cause she's done it plenty of times. She was just always insecure about her voice not being big but she's definitely sung full out and yes we all know about how she uses her voice and harmonies. I love the Unbreakable album and as far as content it's definitely one of her better albums. I feel on that album she barely sang in her higher tone which is when she always sounds better

I said she was timid about it, not that she never did. Didn’t Jimmy say, Janet was often never satisfied by her vocals and would be like, “that was alright...” We know she can sing full on like Rhythm Nation, Together Again and All For You but let’s be real, Damita Jo-Discipline were vocally embarrassing at times. That infamous whisper voice ran rampant because she wasn’t inspired with no passion behind it. Songs like “Unbreakable” and “Broken Hearts Heal” do show her higher range while “After You Fall” and “Gon B Alright” were vocally eclectic! The raw emotion behind those vocals were stunning!  So many deep tones and vocal shifting. I know you prefer her singing high but like I said, I prefer her versatility over high notes like Whitney and Mariah all the time. Not many artist can do that at all.

15 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I said she was timid about it, not that she never did. Didn’t Jimmy say, Janet was often never satisfied by her vocals and would be like, “that was alright...” We know she can sing full on like Rhythm Nation, Together Again and All For You but let’s be real, Damita Jo-Discipline were vocally embarrassing at times. That infamous whisper voice ran rampant because she wasn’t inspired with no passion behind it. Songs like “Unbreakable” and “Broken Hearts Heal” do show her higher range while “After You Fall” and “Gon B Alright” were vocally eclectic! The raw emotion behind those vocals were stunning!  So many deep tones and vocal shifting. I know you prefer her singing high but like I said, I prefer her versatility over high notes like Whitney and Mariah all the time. Not many artist can do that at all.

I already know she's versatile and that's one of the many reasons everybody loves her but don't go around saying she has more power in her voice now when she doesn't. You said she was timid and that just simply not true and yes Jimmy did say she was never satisfied. Damita Jo wasn't embarrassing. It was actually good and so were he vocals. "I Want You" which got her nominated for a grammy for best vocal :lol: , "Island Life", "Like You Don't Love Me", and even on "SloLove" she hit high notes so disappointment where? :umm:  Now Discipline i'll agree with.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:24 PM, JoeJoe said:

I already know she's versatile and that's one of the many reasons everybody loves her but don't go around saying she has more power in her voice now when she doesn't. You said she was timid and that just simply not true and yes Jimmy did say she was never satisfied. Damita Jo wasn't embarrassing. It was actually good and so were he vocals. "I Want You" which got her nominated for a grammy for best vocal :lol: , "Island Life", "Like You Don't Love Me", and even on "SloLove" she hit high notes so disappointment where? :umm:  Now Discipline i'll agree with.

......the album that also features “Warmth” and “Moist”......😐😐😐 ”My Baby”=Rainy Afternoon vocals.... And yes, it’s ok to admit Janet was timid because she is a perfectionist and is always hard on herself when it came to her voice. Doesn’t mean she doesn’t make the effort, just not as much as she can. 🤔👍❤️

10 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

......the album that also features “Warmth” and “Moist”......😐😐😐 ”My Baby”=Rainy Afternoon vocals.... And yes, it’s ok to admit Janet was timid because she is a perfectionist and is always hard on herself when it came to her voice. Doesn’t mean she doesn’t make the effort, just not as much as she can. 🤔👍❤️

lol neither of those songs I care for so i'm with you there. "My Baby" wasn't bad tho. I also agree with you on your last sentence. I feel Janet doesn't make as much of an effort vocally as she can. Last time I felt we got crisp clear vocals were on "No Sleeep" when she did the chorus and on "Take Me Away" when she also did the chorus take me awaaaaay frooooooooooom heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere. :) 

On 10/19/2020 at 11:33 PM, JoeJoe said:

ok so let's be honest. Were Janet's voals on Unbreakable part of why y'all didn't care for much of the music?

I absolutely love Unbreakable and put it above much of her later albums and it still gets a ton of replay from me.  It's just not as strong as TVR, and there's nothing wrong with that, because TVR is one of the best albums I've ever heard.  Unbreakable was a return to form; TVR was an elevation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Angela said:

I absolutely love Unbreakable and put it above much of her later albums and it still gets a ton of replay from me.  It's just not as strong as TVR, and there's nothing wrong with that, because TVR is one of the best albums I've ever heard.  Unbreakable was a return to form; TVR was an elevation.

Yeah that's a good album and it may surprise some of y'all but I like the "All For You" album better. Lyrically and dealing with substance it can't compare to the "Unbreakable" album but as far as tracks All For You is the better album

51 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Yeah that's a good album and it may surprise some of y'all but I like the "All For You" album better. Lyrically and dealing with substance it can't compare to the "Unbreakable" album but as far as tracks All For You is the better album

It actually doesn't surprise me lol.  I'd still take Unbreakable, but I have this weird affair with AFY.  When it first came out, I LOVED it, then I stopped playing it for awhile, but now I'm back to enjoying it.

• Upvote 1