The plug gets pulled on Ciara’s new single ‘Turn It Up’…

DJ Y2K Malone™

Ciara was to release the Usher assisted ‘Turn It Up’ from her poorly recieved new album ‘Basic Instinct’. The track was scheduled to impact radio on March 8th but All Access has now removed it. This has spurned massive online speculation that Jive may have pulled the plug on Ciara’s album, and dropped her in the process. Apparently, she is said to be a drain on label resources because she is still struggling to discover what type of artist she is.

In fact, as Chris Brown “is proving successful on multiple formats”, they see him as a better investment now.Sadly for Ciara, ‘Basic Instinct’ has sold less than 50k to date since it’s release in December. When the album’s producer The Dream said she was in trouble if this album did not sell, he was right. People got him for his remarks and pushed him to delete his twitter account. As much as I hate to defend his sorry butt, he was only saying what most of us were thinking. Here’s hoping Ciara can pull herself up from this should she find herself a new home in the foreseeable future (rumour has it, she’s negotiating with Interscope). I guess we can expect some type of official announcement real soon.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just told Game last week that if Jive was smart they would pull the plug on releasing the Usher track esp since they were gonna wait til March to drop it :mellow: I would think the PANIC BUTTON would have be pushed sooner ..she didnt have time to spare. They are definately making the right decision. Where they fucked up tho is that the Usher single should have been her 2nd single after "Ride".Im compelled to believe had that been out before..she would have stayed afloat just a tad longer.

Ciara was to release the Usher assisted ‘Turn It Up’ from her poorly recieved new album ‘Basic Instinct’. The track was scheduled to impact radio on March 8th but All Access has now removed it. This has spurned massive online speculation that Jive may have pulled the plug on Ciara’s album, and dropped her in the process. Apparently, she is said to be a drain on label resources because she is still struggling to discover what type of artist she is.

In fact, as Chris Brown “is proving successful on multiple formats”, they see him as a better investment now.Sadly for Ciara, ‘Basic Instinct’ has sold less than 50k to date since it’s release in December. When the album’s producer The Dream said she was in trouble if this album did not sell, he was right. People got him for his remarks and pushed him to delete his twitter account. As much as I hate to defend his sorry butt, he was only saying what most of us were thinking. Here’s hoping Ciara can pull herself up from this should she find herself a new home in the foreseeable future (rumour has it, she’s negotiating with Interscope). I guess we can expect some type of official announcement real soon.

idk-vi452.gif

Ya'll some muthafukaz :lmao: :lmao:

I have completely given up on her..I was never a fan, but you can't deny the bitch can dance and put on a show..but alas, she has no place in the music scene right now..Incredibly, "Ride" did good on the rnb charts without any promo, but for her album to debut deep in the woods of the BB 200 is a disgrace..I don't know what can happen for her to appeal to the kids..I guess she can pull an Usher and forsake rnb for pop..but then she would fail.. :(

I have completely given up on her..I was never a fan, but you can't deny the bitch can dance and put on a show..but alas, she has no place in the music scene right now..Incredibly, "Ride" did good on the rnb charts without any promo, but for her album to debut deep in the woods of the BB 200 is a disgrace..I don't know what can happen for her to appeal to the kids..I guess she can pull an Usher and forsake rnb for pop..but then she would fail.. :(

well said :filenails: its a shame really she had some songs I liked, "one two step" a few others I cant recall, but the analysis is right, where does she fit? She has no edge, no real appeal that is unique

and let me say this, we as dance fans and all should not down her, she was obviously inspired by Janet, and to see black artists fall off sucks with all these white punks on the scene, any black artist that fails is a lost for us, the music we hear on the radio is OUR history being highjacked by white folks think about that :filenails:

Why must you talk about beyonce? in a ciara thread :mellow:

nigga Beyonce has a wind fan duh :rolleyes: and moves booty pants, cellphones, glitter, hair products, satellite service and shit Beyonce is an all around bitch, hell I wanna get one of them phones and throw it at her yelling can you hear me now :filenails:

nigga Beyonce has a wind fan duh :rolleyes: and moves booty pants, cellphones, glitter, hair products, satellite service and shit Beyonce is an all around bitch, hell I wanna get one of them phones and throw it at her yelling can you hear me now :filenails:

LOL of course no one sees the bigger picture in ciara having a hard time. I want to see Janet's style passed down to the next generation... Aaliyah was closet to her until she passed then came ciara... Janet won't be "janet" forever and while no one would replace her it would have been nice to see Ciara next in line...

The style of someone like James Brown... inspired Michael... then usher , chris brown & neyo ... we don't have that type of of thing with Janet... and thats sad...

Tina & Diana have beyonce

Its not about replacing anyone its just seeing how they can evolve the original vision of who they were inspired by...

LOL of course no one sees the bigger picture in ciara having a hard time. I want to see Janet's style passed down to the next generation... Aaliyah was closet to her until she passed then came ciara... Janet won't be "janet" forever and while no one would replace her it would have been nice to see Ciara next in line...

The style of someone like James Brown... inspired Michael... then usher , chris brown & neyo ... we don't have that type of of thing with Janet... and thats sad...

Tina & Diana have beyonce

Its not about replacing anyone its just seeing how they can evolve the original vision of who they were inspired by...

Ciara wasn't fit to hold Janet's key earring, hell dont get extra shit :filenails:

Archived