The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

well we can give them young ones one thing they don't seemed too bothered to duet, we never got a Janet Madonna duet :whistle:

It's one thing to duet but it's another to be a passenger on someone else's plane of success. Bey's been on Sean Paul Air, the connecting flights from that were Shakira Airline, Timberlake Airways, Usher Air Evac, Gaga International, Keys Cargo, West Services (however that flight didn't bother to taxi) and now she's on the Rihanna Express -_-

It's one thing to duet but it's another to be a passenger on someone else's plane of success. Bey's been on Sean Paul Air, the connecting flights from that were Shakira Airline, Timberlake Airways, Usher Air Evac, Gaga International, Keys Cargo, West Services (however that flight didn't bother to taxi) and now she's on the Rihanna Express -_-

that Gaga ride had me ill for real I was like just land already hell :filenails:

eh_sBestPart1.gif

28Apr

2011 “Loud” sold in 4 million copies worldwide

The latest Rihanna album “Loud” just passed 4 million copies sold worldwide today! 4,057,000 copies to be exact. It took “Loud” just 23 weeks while her so far most successful album “Good Girl Gone Bad” passed this number in 39th week. The long play is still holding in Top 10 global sales charts (this week at #7 after selling 71,000 copies).

Loud was certificated platinum in 8 countries (Australia x2, Canada x2, France, New Zealand, Poland, Switzerland, United Kingdom x4, United States and x2 in Europe overall).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beyonce to Be Honored with Billboard Millennnium Award at Billboard Music Awards

Beyoncé will be honored with Billboard Millennium Award at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards, it was announced today (May 9). The iconic performer and international star will receive the honor at the May 22 show, which will air on ABC at 8-11pm ET/PT from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The Billboard Millennium Award will recognize Beyoncé's career achievements and influence in the music industry, from her role as the frontwoman of Destiny's Child to her three-chart-topping solo albums, which have collectively earned her 16 Grammy awards and ASCAP's Pop Songwriter of the Year award. Previously, Billboard named Beyoncé its Woman of the Year in October 2009, and Top Female Artist of the Decade in December 2009.

Beyoncé's Billboard Milliennium Award will arrive just as the star puts the finishig touches on her fourth studio album, due out later this year. The album, whose debut single "Run the World (Girls)" premiered in April, will be her first since 2009's "I Am...Sasha Fierce," which sold 2.9 million copies, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

Of course, Beyoncé will not be the only star appearing at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards: Rihanna, the Black Eyed Peas, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Cee Lo Green, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull and Taio Cruz make up the the stellar lineup of performers so far, with more to be announced soon.

Rihanna, Eminem, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber lead the finalists for the 2011 Billboard Music Awards, which reflect Billboard's chart rankings based on key fan interactions with music, including album, single and digital sales, radio play, touring, streaming and social interactions on MySpace, Facebook and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements are tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners. The awards will be based on the reporting period of February 28, 2010 through March 1, 2011. Top artists will be recognized in a variety of genres, including R&B, Rap, Pop, Country, Rock, Latin and Alternative.

http://www.billboard.com/features/beyonce-to-be-honored-with-billboard-millennnium-1005175122.story#/features/beyonce-to-be-honored-with-billboard-millennnium-1005175122.story

Sneak Peek of Rihanna as New Model of Madonna's Vita Coco

sneak_peek_of_rihanna_as_new_model_of_madonna_s_vita_coco.jpg

Madonna has hired pop star Rihanna as the face of her coconut water drinks company. The pop legend is a leading investor in the Vita Coco brand, along with Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis, and she has now asked the "Umbrella" hitmaker to be the face of the drink.

A statement from Madonna reads, "Rihanna is a natural fit for the Vita Coco brand and I'm so happy to have her on the team, " while Rihannamag-glass_10x10.gif adds, "I love Vita Coco. It's real coconut water from hand-picked coconuts. It's delicious and so good for you!"

Rihanna will be featured in the company's national advertising campaign launching this summer. Sneak peekmag-glass_10x10.gif to the ad has been offered in an official picture.

http://www.aceshowbi...w/w0012423.html

Madonna better not give Riri the touch of death. I swear she did it to Xtina & Britney after the VMAs performance. Even Timbaland somewhat suffered it after 4 Minutes. Justin is immune

Madonna better not give Riri the touch of death. I swear she did it to Xtina & Britney after the VMAs performance. Even Timbaland somewhat suffered it after 4 Minutes. Justin is immune

the illuminatti princess and the queen of pop/darkness working together hide ya kids :mellow:

Sneak Peek of Rihanna as New Model of Madonna's Vita Coco

sneak_peek_of_rihanna_as_new_model_of_madonna_s_vita_coco.jpg

Madonna has hired pop star Rihanna as the face of her coconut water drinks company. The pop legend is a leading investor in the Vita Coco brand, along with Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis, and she has now asked the "Umbrella" hitmaker to be the face of the drink.

A statement from Madonna reads, "Rihanna is a natural fit for the Vita Coco brand and I'm so happy to have her on the team, " while Rihannamag-glass_10x10.gif adds, "I love Vita Coco. It's real coconut water from hand-picked coconuts. It's delicious and so good for you!"

Rihanna will be featured in the company's national advertising campaign launching this summer. Sneak peekmag-glass_10x10.gif to the ad has been offered in an official picture.

http://www.aceshowbi...w/w0012423.html

MOTHER SUPERIOR & REE-LA-LA= GLOBAL DEVASTATION !!!!!!

:excited::yahoo: :yahoo:

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! She gon zap the life out of her just in time for her next album. :lmao:

• 1 month later...

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/live-review-rihanna-staples-center-los-angeles/9008177

Rihanna epitomizes everything that a 21st century diva should be, and her current stage show for the Loud tour is the ultimate modern concert experience.

Last night at The Staples Center, she pulled out all the stops for the sold out crowd, keeping it on its feet for the two-hour set. With a giant video wall behind her split horizontally into two screens and four circular screens hanging from the ceiling, the set itself came to life during each and every one of her hits. Rihanna ruled every inch of that stage, flawlessly belting out each hook and dancing with the seductive swagger and style that remain her signature.

Rihanna kicked everything off with the propulsive stomp of Loud's "Only Girl in the World". Over a devilishly danceable beat, she smoothly slid through the verse just before the music broke and her vibrant vocals filled the entire Staples Center from floor to ceiling. Immediately, everyone in attendance began dancing and singing along, and they didn't let up for the duration of the show.

"Disturbia" practically set the stage ablaze with incendiary moves from Rihanna and her backup dancers and that undeniable chorus. A whirling live guitar solo added a rock 'n' roll edge to "Shut Up and Drive" just before a car crash sample and sirens closed out the tune bombastically. Donning a sparkling bikini, neon pink boots, and her blowing blood red hair, Rihanna was the vision of a futuristic reggae goddess on "Man Down", where tribal drums practically transported everyone to the Caribbean.

Exiting the stage, an entrancing video only mounted anticipation for Rihanna to hit the stage in a shiny Tuxedo in between two poles with a raised circle platform in front of her during "Darling Nikki". Rihanna infused the song with a fresh attitude as she lithely circled the stage, giving the song a powerful gusto that could inspire Prince to write another Purple Rain. Another guitar lead fed right into "S&M" which shook the arena to its core. Chained between the poles by another dancer, Rihanna carried the song's undeniably infectious hook beyond heaven and back as she emanated an enticing elegance. The theatrical bounce of "Let Me" showed another side of Rihanna; she's got the kind of presence that makes for a star in multiple art forms and with each smile, she engaged the audience. She turned into a jazz seductress during "Skin" which ended with a lucky fan getting some special attention.

She performed "Run This Town" in the crowd after cranking out a drum jam, and then walking across the floor for a heavenly rendition of "Live Your Life". Hearing Rihanna perform those Jay-Z and T.I. hits she's featured on only further illuminated how crucial she is to pop culture right now. She gives each one of those tracks its memorable chorus and on stage she lifts them to new heights. "Hate That I Love You" was stripped down to just Rihanna and her guitar player on an acoustic, and once again her voice took over fantastically. "What's My Name?" and "Cheers" kept the energy up before one final rhythmic explosion on "Please Don't Stop the Music".

At one point, she took a moment to thank the audience for the support. With a genuine smile, she exclaimed, "This is what I was meant to do. This is what I dreamed of doing", and there was a real inspirational conviction to her words. Seeing the closing combo of "Love the Way You Lie (Pt. 2)" and "Umbrella" more than proved this is what she was "meant to do".

Rihanna certainly nods to the pop legends of the past, but she's paved her own lane for others to follow with timeless concerts like this one.

However, there will never be anything quite like getting Loud with Rihanna...