DAMN GAS WAS 3.03 WHEN I GOT OFF OF WORK ON THURS

Shawn1814

Political unrest in Libya, a member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and the world's 12th largest oil exporter, is widely credited with the escalating U.S. gas prices, but there is little direct connection. According to a report in the Los Angeles Times, Libya exports the bulk of its 1.8 million-barrel-a-day production to Europe, which might lead some to question why turmoil and violence there would affect U.S. prices.

”Even though the U.S. is not necessarily sourcing Libyan oil, you have a price market process that's at the global level,” explained Erick Eschker, Humboldt State University's interim associate dean of the College of Professional Studies and professor of economics. “The reason why we see price volatility in markets such as that is that the demand curve is very, very steep.”

AAA Northern California spokesman Matt Skryja said the price fluctuations are largely investor-driven, stating that demand for gasoline in the United States has actually decreased. Thursday afternoon, U.S. crude oil prices ended floor trading at $97.28 a barrel, down from a high of $119.79 earlier in the day, which analysts concluded meant speculators were backing away from assumptions that unrest in the Middle East would worsen.

Unrest in north Africa and the Middle East has/will have perhaps the biggest influence in the foreseeable future. Our dependence on that is gonna really start to show.

We get most of our oil from Canada..

The top ten countries that the U.S. imports from:

1. Canada

2. Mexico

3. Saudi Arabia

4. Venezuela

5. Nigeria

6. Angola

7. Iraq

8. Algeria

9. United Kingdom

10. Brazil

We get most of our oil from Canada..

The top ten countries that the U.S. imports from:

1. Canada

2. Mexico

3. Saudi Arabia

4. Venezuela

5. Nigeria

6. Angola

7. Iraq

8. Algeria

9. United Kingdom

10. Brazil

Yes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect. As you mentioned in your earlier post, the situation over there does effect the price of oil per barrel. Simple reaction to things can cause the price to go up.

I do always forget about Canada though. :lol:

Yes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect. As you mentioned in your earlier post, the situation over there does effect the price of oil per barrel. Simple reaction to things can cause the price to go up.

I do always forget about Canada though. :lol:

I think everyone forgets about Canada.. lol

well its up here im such cuss its CIAA week..

and do u know it is legal to price gouge. yup! no law that says a bus cannot raise price to whatever they want. the only time it can be regulated is if there is a natural disaster like hurricane, etc

Archived