R.I.P. MICROSOFT ZUNE

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

After years of trying to keep up with Apple’s iPod line, Bloomberg is reporting that Microsoft will finally stop introducing new versions of their not-so-popular Zune music player. They will however continue to sell existing versions of the Zune.Microsoft tried to give the Zune a revival in 2009, introducing the Zune HD to compete with Apple’s iPod Touch, however the Zune HD never caught on with consumers. The Zune did not even manage to rank among the Top 5 music players, according to data compiled by NPD Group. The iPod, however, almost completely controls the music player market with a huge 77% market share.

The reason behind Microsoft abandoning the Zune likely is related to moving to Windows Phone 7 on devices.

“This year’s Zune hardware is Windows Phone 7″, says the Zune head.The Zune team head debunked yesterday’s report about the Zune’s demise. Dave McLauchlan, senior business development manager for Zune, insisted that the iPod didn’t kill the Zune in a semi-official statement posted to the AnythingButiPod forums. He reminded that all consumer electronics products have a lifespan, and the Zune HD is 18 months old while promising new apps and games.

:filenails:

i need a new ipod touch i dont see how people can use anything else

I was given an iPod touch (32GB) for my birthday last year, and didn't really use it until the past month. :asham: Partly cuz I was not ready to give up my Classic (160GB), but also partly cuz I didn't want to use it without a covering skin, and I kept putting off buying one. :asham:

I dunno why, but I preferred my Classic cuz of the storage size. I liked having all my music with me.

But I've grown accustomed to my touch. I haven't touched my Classic since I started using it. :lol:

Archived