Ginuwine: Aaliyah would be 'neck and neck' with Beyonce

art

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now thats just straight up ridiculous. :mellow: Even Monica and Aaliyah knew Brandy was more popular than them but I dont think they even cared. Brandy became a BRAND. Thats how they marketed her. Monica and Aaliyah,that was not their thing,so to speak. They stayed true to them in every sense of the word.

He's just a hot mess :sigh:

Sales are not the main point of this thread, nor was it a main component of my argument. I said Aaliyah, as an adult, was having better success (at the time) of the trio, as they were all transitioning to adult artists. That was the only thing I said about all of that, but it had little to do with my main point in this thread.

I don't know whether to " :lmao: " or put you on ignore at the point :umm: Majority of your posts has to do with Aaliyah's certifications and "success" :mellow: Brandy's first album as an adult was the NSN album and it outdid Aaliyah :umm: Like I said she was fading and was in the process of making herself a hasbeen, but her album still hit platinum and singles did better than Aaliyah's...even after Aaliyah died :sigh:

And Aaliyah was the lesser girl of the three. And it would have continued in the 2000s. :filenails:

Did you forget that Brandy and Monica fell off a decade ago? Their last BIG hit albums were in the latter part of the 90s. IF anything by 2000 they would be ALL damn near in the same boat salewise but Aaliyah's celebrity would be on a much higher status from her film career.

Did you forget that Brandy and Monica fell off a decade ago? Their last BIG hit albums were in the latter part of the 90s. IF anything by 2000 they would be ALL damn near in the same boat salewise but Aaliyah's celebrity would be on a much higher status from her film career.

Did you forget that Monica resurfaced in the 2000s? :umm: She had a few hits, and her most recent album has outsold her previous effort.

Again, Brandy was the top girl, but all they were the three "it" girls of R&B at that time.

As far as attention, it was Brandy and Monica as far as being the "It" girl of R&B...Aaliyah was there but she wasn't getting mad attention like those two to be called an "It" girl along with them, and her sales didn't live up to "It" status until after her death. As I told you before, she was just a lil bit better than Mya with success.

Where was me calling for back up in these threads:

Like I said, see how picking and choosing makes you look a fool? :filenails:

You call for help every time you feel you're losing the battle. You'll tweet and hope some Bey stan with an account will come and save the day for you.

Wash. Rince. Repeat.

:coffee:

I get what you are saying but it still seems to be a bit of a stretch. I could definately see her being one the the "go to" black actresses but to act as if that would have translated into sales for her music if the label would have taken advantage of her new found celebrity status to rival Beyonce is questionable. As you know for success you need all the key components aligned just right. Its all too much to assume. NONE OF US CAN SAY WTF WOULD HAVE HAPPENED REALLY..SO OVERALL ITS QUITE POINTLESS

Exactly... that's what I said concerning Beyonce which is WHY this debate is being had from the start.

Everyone always says...the talent...the stage presence...the material on DIL... I agree Beyonce has that, that's not the what I'm debating, I'm saying things had to align just right. The business in NOT just about talent. There is PLENTY of talent in the industry, but it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Alot of things for Bey lined up just right for her success, unforunately, Aaliyah's passing might have been one of those things....but you are RIGHT you can't really say what would have happened.

I mean...anything is possible in tra-la-la land but I just dont see it. I could see them co-existing much like Alicia & Rihanna do with Bey, but if she was still alive and they organized the artist of the decade list she wouldn't be in the top 10 like Bey or Alicia. Just my opinion...

Yes, anything is possible...and I think what I've shown is legitimately possible. It's not just something I'm saying to argue with Henrietta and Austineisha (as they would have the forum believe :rolleyes: ). It's all "what if" but I'm not just making things up. lol

Did you forget that Monica resurfaced in the 2000s? :umm: She had a few hits, and her most recent album has outsold her previous effort.

But lets be real...Monica was one of Beyonce's victims. Monica was able to get a lil hit here and there but NOWHERE close to her previous albums. Her career was on the decline alot like Brandy's.

Y

Exactly... that's what I said concerning Beyonce which is WHY this debate is being had from the start.

Everyone always says...the talent...the stage presence...the material on DIL... I agree Beyonce has that, that's not the what I'm debating, I'm saying things had to align just right. The business in NOT just about talent. There is PLENTY of talent in the industry, but it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Alot of things for Bey lined up just right for her success, unforunately, Aaliyah's passing might have been one of those things....but you are RIGHT you can't really say what would have happened.

Who's denying that Beyonce's shit being aligned right DIDN'T play a part in her success?

And Aaliyah was the lesser girl of the three. And it would have continued in the 2000s. :filenails:

There was no "lesser girl" Brandy was the top, but Monica and Aaliyah made up the trio of "it" girls of R&B...and as they reached adults Aaliyah was having the most success three.

He's just a hot mess :sigh:

I don't know whether to " :lmao: " or put you on ignore at the point :umm:Majority of your posts has to do with Aaliyah's certifications and "success" :mellow: Brandy's first album as an adult was the NSN album and it outdid Aaliyah :umm: Like I said she was fading and was in the process of making herself a hasbeen, but her album still hit platinum and singles did better than Aaliyah's...even after Aaliyah died :sigh:

No they don't. :mellow:

That's not even the main point of my posts. The conversation went that route because Austineisha likes to get "technical" when he feels he can't win the main battle.

As far as attention, it was Britney and Monica as far as being the "It" girl of R&B...Aaliyah was there but she wasn't getting mad attention like those two to be called an "It" girl along with them, and her sales didn't live up to "It" status until after her death. As I told you before, she was just a lil bit better than Mya with success.

I know you meant Brandy, so I'm gonna let that pass. :rolleyes:

The three of them were the "it" girls of R&B. They all had their own successes, but Brandy was the top girl of the three.

But lets be real...Monica was one of Beyonce's victims. Monica was able to get a lil hit here and there but NOWHERE close to her previous albums. Her career was on the decline alot like Brandy's.

She more or less imo. I don't REALLY consider her a victim because she had success AFTER Beyonce. She's had two successful albums since Beyonce's debut. Plus you also have to take into consideration that Brandy and Monica were out at a time when R&B was pop. Monica has pushed out two gold albums in a declining market, and had a #1 R&B single for 7 weeks.

There was no "lesser girl" Brandy was the top, but Monica and Aaliyah made up the trio of "it" girls of R&B...and as they reached adults Aaliyah was having the most success three.

And who had the least amount of hits between the three? :filenails:

No they don't. :mellow:

That's not even the main point of my posts. The conversation went that route because Austineisha likes to get "technical" when he feels he can't win the main battle.

I know you meant Brandy, so I'm gonna let that pass. :rolleyes:

The three of them were the "it" girls of R&B. They all had their own successes, but Brandy was the top girl of the three.

The ignore function is looking sweet right now -_-

Because it's the key component to the thread :sigh:

>_< I was thinking about making a Britney vs. Xtina example with those two :ph34r:

Brandy > Monica > Aaliyah

I don't know if you requested help or not, I haven't clicked and read those threads. I don't know how the threads went, but usually you'll tweet a thread whenever you need back up. :rolleyes:

Only three ppl that I follow on Twitter have accounts here. One of them had already posted in this thread BEFORE I tweeted the link. Only one person posted after I tweeted the link. So much for back up huh? :filenails:

She more or less imo. I don't REALLY consider her a victim because she had success AFTER Beyonce. She's had two successful albums since Beyonce's debut. Plus you also have to take into consideration that Brandy and Monica were out at a time when R&B was pop. Monica has pushed out two gold albums in a declining market, and had a #1 R&B single for 7 weeks.

I love Monica but lets not give her too much :umm:

What are the two albums you claim were the successful ones after Bee's arrival?

And who had the least amount of hits between the three? :filenails:

They were equal. :coffee:

The ignore function is looking sweet right now -_-

Because it's the key component to the thread :sigh:

>_< I was thinking about making a Britney vs. Xtina example with those two :ph34r:

Brandy > Monica > Aaliyah

Go ahead, see if I care... :hmph:

It's not a key component to this thread. :rolleyes: My points in relation to the topic of this thread stand alone. :coffee:

Mmmmhmmm.... :rolleyes:

They were the R&B "it" girls :coffee:

After The Storm and Still Standing. Even though they don't rival her 90s success, you have to admit that an R&B artist scanning gold is an accomplishment in this market.

Only three ppl that I follow on Twitter have accounts here. One of them had already posted in this thread BEFORE I tweeted the link. Only one person posted after I tweeted the link. So much for back up huh? :filenails:

Yet there were 7 or 8 "guests" that viewed this thread after you posted the link. :rolleyes:

Thankfully Angie doesn't allow just anyone to be a member here. :coffee:

Monica struggled initially (with that PYT sampled single that went nowhere lol), but she found her footing with "After The Storm"

Which is why I've said "at that time" when I say Aaliyah was having the most success of the three on the charts as an adult artist. Monica didn't find her footing again until 2003.

Monica has had the most sustainability (excluding Aaliyah for obvious reasons) of all the R&B girls of the 90's. lol

After The Storm and Still Standing. Even though they don't rival her 90s success, you have to admit that an R&B artist scanning gold is an accomplishment in this market.

I wouldn't give "After The Storm" the "SUCCESS CROWN". Moderate success,yes. Albums was still selling well in 03'(not like how it is now).

"Still Standing" did okay for someone who's been on the decline for the last 7,8 years.

But still ALL and ALL.. statuswise, Brandy and Monica are no one but hasbeens. Aaliyah's safety net would have been her film career. She would have been more of a NAME (than them) right now if she would have furthered her film career.Lets be real.

Monica struggled initially (with that PYT sampled single that went nowhere lol), but she found her footing with "After The Storm"

Which is why I've said "at that time" when I say Aaliyah was having the most success of the three on the charts as an adult artist. Monica didn't find her footing again until 2003.

Monica has had the most sustainability (excluding Aaliyah for obvious reasons) of all the R&B girls of the 90's. lol

Monica's been BARELY staying more relevant than Brandy. I can't believe Sir Duke is giving her so much :lol:

Archived