Ginuwine: Aaliyah would be 'neck and neck' with Beyonce

art

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said 1x plat... *calls lawyers* :coffee:

Album sales sweetie... plenty of people can be "singles girls" (I'm not saying Brandy and Monica were singles girls), but can they parlay that into album sales? Brandy was the in the lead, but the three of them were the "it" girls in R&B.

Aaliyah had many things lined up that would've been a platform for her already successful career in music. With the type of success she about to have, it could've played a significant role in the first solo project of Beyonce, and the type of success she had.

Proof? :rolleyes:

"plenty of people can be "singles girls" (I'm not saying Brandy and Monica were singles girls), but can they parlay that into album sales?" I think Rihanna can answer this question better than I can. :coffee:

She wasn't about to have much success if her singles were flopping before she died. :mellow:

Which essentially falls under me saying shed be in her own lane/more successful in movies & seeing it from a different perspective.

Not necessarily because you still don't see how that would have impacted her singing career.

^_^

"We Need a Resolution" right? The song that peaked at #58 on the Hot 100, #15 on the R&B charts and was only a Top 20 hit in 1 country right? That is not success. So you tell me selling almost 190,000 copies meant she was going to make it big :lmao: Just stop :lmao:

Nope :filenails:

:crazy:

Some projects build over time. As I told Austineisha, look at One In A Million It built over time and ultimately did 2x plat (received that cert BEFORE she passed). She was at the time of "Aaliyah" having the most success of the three, and was only one single/video into the project before she passed.

Yep :coffee:

Proof? :rolleyes:

"plenty of people can be "singles girls" (I'm not saying Brandy and Monica were singles girls), but can they parlay that into album sales?" I think Rihanna can answer this question better than I can. :coffee:

She wasn't about to have much success if her singles were flopping before she died. :mellow:

You said it, you know you did...I would go back and prove it, but you probably already edited it. :coffee:

I didn't want to shade Rihanna, but... >_<

Again, some projects build over time (like OIAM) you don't know what would've happened...and obviously the label had faith in the project if they had her shoot two videos back to back for the project. There were plans, but.... -_-

:crazy:

Some projects build over time. As I told Austineisha, look at One In A Million It built over time and ultimately did 2x plat (received that cert BEFORE she passed). She was at the time of "Aaliyah" having the most success of the three, and was only one single/video into the project before she passed.

Yep :coffee:

Yes you are -_-

But 2 years later Brandy released an album that ended up almost 4.5 platinum in the States and near 16 platinum WW :lmao: One single/video in and it wasn't a Hot 100 hit and barely was a Top 20 hit on the R&B charts...not to mention it only made it in the Top 20 in 1 country :lmao:

*points to legend's posts*

You said it, you know you did...I would go back and prove it, but you probably already edited it. :coffee:

I didn't want to shade Rihanna, but... >_<

Again, some projects build over time (like OIAM) you don't know what would've happened...and obviously the label had faith in the project if they had her shoot two videos back to back for the project. There were plans, but.... -_-

No proof, no case. :filenails:

You shoulda known it was coming. :whistle:

Considering that the singles weren't performing well, it's common knowledge that the album wouldn't perform well.

No proof, no case. :filenails:

Considering that the singles weren't performing well, it's common knowledge that the album wouldn't perform well.

There is proof, but you probably edited it. :coffee:

Single...only one had been released before she passed, and considering what she did and off that one single you can see the audience was there, which is why her label had her do two videos back to back.

There is proof, but you probably edited it. :coffee:

Single...only one had been released before she passed, and considering what she did and off that one single you can see the audience was there, which is why her label had her do two videos back to back.

If you quoted it, then it would be the same IF I did edit it. :filenails:

And then when she passed, RTB only went to #14 on the Hot 100 and #2 R&B. :mellow:

People Give Aaliyah Too Much. Aaliyah Was nothing more than a muse for Timbaland and missy's sound. The Same for R.Kelly. Had the scandal with R.Kelly Not happened, One In A million wouldn't be the One In a Million. Hell It probably wouldn't have happened.

I love aaliyah and grew up on her music but people need to stop putting her on this pedestal like she was this great performer and vocalist. She had her success and she definitely had talent but people definitely give her entirely too much because she passed.

Beyonce already Had endorsements with pepsi, Loreal and had movies in the works before Aaliyah passed. Beyonce was Handpicked for austin powers (which is the highest grossing film debut by a female singer) before Aaliyah Passed away. People love to discredit beyonce's success and hard work but the fact of the matter is beyonce has been working just as long and as hard as all of the 90's girls did. Some just came out before her which is why i believe we're having this argument.

Like it or not Beyonce was Destined for the level of success she had. People say DC was all about beyonce, so if that's the case then She already surpassed and outshined aaliyah way before she even passed.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck....

aflac-duck.jpg

:rolleyes:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If you quoted it, then it would be the same IF I did edit it. :filenails:

And then when she passed, RTB only went to #14 on the Hot 100 and #2 R&B. :mellow:

My post, which feature your quoted post (and u did edit the post which I quoted :rolleyes: )

Which is better than 1st single from that project :coffee:

People Give Aaliyah Too Much. Aaliyah Was nothing more than a muse for Timbaland and missy's sound. The Same for R.Kelly. Had the scandal with R.Kelly Not happened, One In A million wouldn't be the One In a Million. Hell It probably wouldn't have happened.

I love aaliyah and grew up on her music but people need to stop putting her on this pedestal like she was this great performer and vocalist. She had her success and she definitely had talent but people definitely give her entirely too much because she passed.

Beyonce already Had endorsements with pepsi, Loreal and had movies in the works before Aaliyah passed. Beyonce was Handpicked for austin powers (which is the highest grossing film debut by a female singer) before Aaliyah Passed away. People love to discredit beyonce's success and hard work but the fact of the matter is beyonce has been working just as long and as hard as all of the 90's girls did. Some just came out before her which is why i believe we're having this argument.

Like it or not Beyonce was Destined for the level of success she had. People say DC was all about beyonce, so if that's the case then She already surpassed and outshined aaliyah way before she even passed.

I see one of the Bey stans with an account on the forum saw Austin's tweets on twitter. :coffee:

My post, which feature your quoted post (and u did edit the post which I quoted :rolleyes: )

Which is better than 1st single from that project :coffee:

I edited my post because I added some information after you had quoted me. :mellow:

And how did the subsequent singles do? :filenails:

I edited my post because I added some information after you had quoted me. :mellow:

And how did the subsequent singles do? :filenails:

You edited it to change that bit of information, and that's it. :coffee:

All of them did well, and possibly would have did better were if the artist were alive to promote them. :coffee:

I sure Did Hunny Now what you gon do about it? Not A Damn thing. Me being a bey stan doesn't have anything to do with what i posted. I posted the facts, the hardcore truth and you like others will have to deal with it.

Exactly... :coffee:

The rest of your post is just as irrelevant as you are. :coffee:

You edited it to change that bit of information, and that's it. :coffee:

All of them did well, and possibly would have did better were if the artist were alive to promote them. :coffee:

The debut went double platinum AFTER she did, same with the last album.

She promoted her debut, only for it to go platinum (before she died). She promoted OIAM, only for it to go 2x platinum. Her biggest competition (Brandy and Monica) disappeared from the scene by 95, and Aaliyah had 96 all to herself and she only went 2x platinum. Brandy and Monica released two years later and went 5 and 3x platinum respectively. Why didn't Aaliyah do those numbers when she had no competition?

She wasn't going places. Sit. :filenails:

Archived