Ginuwine: Aaliyah would be 'neck and neck' with Beyonce

art

Trandy had the 90's after that she became irrelevant with one moderate sucess & two flops.

Monica had the 90's as secong to Brandy & had moderate success with After The Storm & Still Standing

Aaliyah was 3rd in the 90's & imo definitely would have been bigger than Monica and ESPECIALLY Trandy in the 00's

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trandy had the 90's after that she became irrelevant with one moderate sucess & two flops.

Monica had the 90's as secong to Brandy & had moderate success with After The Storm & Still Standing

Aaliyah was 3rd in the 90's & imo definitely would have been bigger than Monica and ESPECIALLY Trandy in the 00's

Thank you. It was gonna be Aaliyah's time. NO question.

Last time I checked "guests" can't post.

You're here, so anything is possible. :filenails:

Thankfully Angie can usually instantly detect a bey stan and immediately blocks it when it registers for an account. :coffee:

Monica's been BARELY staying more relevant than Brandy. I can't believe Sir Duke is giving her so much :lol:

Monica (IMO) has done a much better job of staying relevant than Brandy...besides the obvious incident, I don't know what happened there. -_-

I wouldn't give "After The Storm" the "SUCCESS CROWN". Moderate success,yes. Albums was still selling well in 03'(not like how it is now).

"Still Standing" did okay for someone who's been on the decline for the last 7,8 years.

But still ALL and ALL.. statuswise, Brandy and Monica are no one but hasbeens. Aaliyah's safety net would have been her film career. She would have been more of a NAME (than them) right now if she would have furthered her film career.Lets be real.

But how many R&B albums have scanned gold in the past year or so? I would Still Standing is commendable considering Monica hasn't had a crossover hit since 'So Gone'. Nor do these recent albums have the crossover appeal that her 90s albums did.

Aaliyah would only be bigger because of her film career. It wasn't until after Beyonce became successful that ppl try to act like Aaliyah was on her way to being the best thing since Janet. Ciara couldn't do it. Brandy couldn't do it. Mya coudln't do it. Keri ain't EVER doing it. Alicia was in her own lane. So the public turned to someone who was LIKE Beyonce, who they THINK could shut Beyonce down because the other girls don't measure up.

But how many R&B albums have scanned gold in the past year or so? I would Still Standing is commendable considering Monica hasn't had a crossover hit since 'So Gone'. Nor do these recent albums have the crossover appeal that her 90s albums did.

Aaliyah would only be bigger because of her film career. It wasn't until after Beyonce became successful that ppl try to act like Aaliyah was on her way to being the best thing since Janet. Ciara couldn't do it. Brandy couldn't do it. Mya coudln't do it. Keri ain't EVER doing it. Alicia was in her own lane. So the public turned to someone who was LIKE Beyonce, who they THINK could shut Beyonce down because the other girls don't measure up.

I gave you Still Standing :mellow: but After The Storm? ..not really,..just moderate :umm:

Austin. I NEVER said Aaliyah would be BIG musicwise :mellow: I said she would have more relevance because of her film career. Her "celebrity" would be bigger than Brandy and Monica's because of it! Someone needs a nap..I think your debate with SOB has taken alot out of you today. :umm:

I gave you Still Standing :mellow: but After The Storm? ..not really,..just moderate :umm:

Austin. I NEVER said Aaliyah would be BIG musicwise :mellow: I said she would have more relevance because of her film career. Her "celebrity" would be bigger than Brandy and Monica's because of it! Someone needs a nap..I think your debate with SOB has taken alot out of you today. :umm:

After the Storm went gold, and produced a #1 R&B and top 10 Hot 100 hit. :umm: You're worse than me when I have to give Rihanna credit for something. :umm:

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to TOF acting like Aaliyah was on her way to being the next global icon. :umm:

You mean TOF :rolleyes:

Well all that matters is that you're here now. -_-

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

After the Storm went gold, and produced a #1 R&B and top 10 Hot 100 hit. :umm: You're worse than me when I have to give Rihanna credit for something. :umm:

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to TOF acting like Aaliyah was on her way to being the next global icon. :umm:

I never said that. :rolleyes:

She was a triple selling artist. "After The Storm" went gold. That's success to you? It came out in 03,NOT 2010 :lmao: You can't label it at least a MODERATE hit era? I'm tryna be nice here..we could call the shit a FLOP and keep it moving :lmao:

She was a triple selling artist. "After The Storm" went gold. That's success to you? It came out in 03,NOT 2010 :lmao: You can't label it at least a MODERATE hit era? I'm tryna be nice here..we could call the shit a FLOP and keep it moving :lmao:

Scanning gold isn't a success despite only 1 top 10 hot 100 hit? And I never said it was a HUGE success, I just said it was a success. :rolleyes:

Archived