Ginuwine: Aaliyah would be 'neck and neck' with Beyonce

art

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can pick and choose whatever I want. :coffee:

And it makes you look a fool. :coffee:

Did you all try to do the same thing with Legend, and when I posted Janet being his #1 most played Last.fm artist you all had nothing to say? One would think you'd learn from passing judgment.

The debut went double platinum AFTER she did, same with the last album.

She promoted her debut, only for it to go platinum (before she died). She promoted OIAM, only for it to go 2x platinum. Her biggest competition (Brandy and Monica) disappeared from the scene by 95, and Aaliyah had 96 all to herself and she only went 2x platinum. Brandy and Monica released two years later and went 5 and 3x platinum respectively. Why didn't Aaliyah do those numbers when she had no competition?

She wasn't going places. Sit. :filenails:

Her debut was cert 2x plat before she passed, it's sold another million after she passed (check again, it's sold 3 million, but has 2x cert).

Again, they were the R&B trio or the "it" girls of the scene. There wasn't any SUBSTANTIAL numbers between them, but Brandy was the top girl of the three. As adults, Aaliyah was having the most success of the three (even before she passed)...and she had projects lined up that would have not only put her above Monica & Brandy, but possibly made her one of the top females acts in the game.

And it makes you look a fool. :coffee:

Did you all try to do the same thing with Legend, and when I posted Janet being his #1 most played Last.fm artist you all had nothing to say? One would think you'd learn from passing judgment.

No, it doesn't. You do the SAME thing EVERYTIME you get in a Beyonce related debate/argument that you can't win. EVERY SINGLE TIME

Wash. Rince. Repeat.

I'm not here for you not being able to battle on your own. :coffee:

and I can log in and punch yew out the game whenever I want. Now deal with it.

As long as Austineisha tweets a thread that he's having trouble in. :coffee:

:lmao: @ you thinking your punching anyone out the game when your simply stanning for Bey...as usual :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Girl, stop... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Her debut was cert 2x plat before she passed, it's sold another million after she passed (check again, it's sold 3 million, but has 2x cert).

Again, they were the R&B trio or the "it" girls of the scene. There wasn't any SUBSTANTIAL numbers between them, but Brandy was the top girl of the three. As adults, Aaliyah was having the most success of the three (even before she passed)...and she had projects lined up that would have not only put her above Monica & Brandy, but possibly made her one of the top females acts in the game.

She definately would have been more popular and current than them NOW but not in a musical sense but just overall "celebrity". But then again who knows how her music would have evolved along with gaining fans from her acting could have put a magnifying glass on her music and gained her more fans musicwise. Its hard to speculate and assume based off of a future that never occurred.So its really silly to even argue all of this. Beyonce would still be killing the game but Aailyah would be shining in her own light as well.

She definately would have been more popular and current than them NOW but not in a musical sense but just overall "celebrity". But then again who knows how her music would have evolved along with gaining fans from her acting could have put a magnifying glass on her music and gained her more fans musicwise. Its hard to speculate and assume based off of a future that never occurred.

THAT has been my point the ENTIRE time... and what the girls refuse to see. :sigh:

No, it doesn't. You do the SAME thing EVERYTIME you get in a Beyonce related debate/argument that you can't win. EVERY SINGLE TIME

Wash. Rince. Repeat.

As long as Austineisha tweets a thread that he's having trouble in. :coffee:

:lmao: @ you thinking your punching anyone out the game when your simply stanning for Bey...as usual :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Girl, stop... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ch...Have several Seats I just got finished punching down one of your many lies in this thread. Me stanning for bey has nothing to do with anything.

THAT has been my point the ENTIRE time... and what the girls refuse to see. :sigh:

Dont get me wrong. I'm not gonna sit up here and act like Aaliyah would have gained a staggering, massive amount of fans for her music simply off her film career but she WITHOUT a question would have had one up on her initial contemps Brandy and Monica since they are reaching for tree branches to keep from hitting rock bottom (within this last decade). Aaliyah would EASILY be letting those two have it.

Why were sales and all of that brought up in this thread to begin with. Its clear to anyone with common sense that Aaliyah was a plat,double plat artist...so..whats all this about?

Sales is the main point of this thread. TOF was trying to make it seem like she was tough competition for Brandy with sales and the charts when she wasn't.

Lies Her Debut Was certified 2x Platinum AFTER she passed almost 2 months to the date after her death. She died August 25th, 2001 her debut was re-certified in October.

2czx0dk.jpg

Her sales spiked after she passed, but I doubt she moved 1 million copies of her debut album after she passed. Not in two months anyway. :rolleyes:

Also, it's a 3 million sold now, but it hasn't received a recert yet.

We BEEN said that was one of the possibilities. You also however said something along the lines of Beyonce wouldn't have had her shine had she lived & that was what was being argued against.

Her sales spiked after she passed, but I doubt she moved 1 million copies of her debut album after she passed. Not in two months anyway. :rolleyes:

Also, it's a 3 million sold now, but it hasn't received a recert yet.

That's not the point. You said her debut album was certified 2x platinum before she passed when it wasn't. Deal With it. Certifications are based off shipments anyway not sales. It's very likely that she could've been close to two times platinum for a while before she passed and actually managed to get there in the immediate months after her death.

Sales is the main point of this thread. TOF was trying to make it seem like she was tough competition for Brandy with sales and the charts when she wasn't.

Now thats just straight up ridiculous. :mellow: Even Monica and Aaliyah knew Brandy was more popular than them but I dont think they even cared. Brandy became a BRAND. Thats how they marketed her. Monica and Aaliyah,that was not their thing,so to speak. They stayed true to them in every sense of the word.

Ch...Have several Seats I just got finished punching down one of your many lies in this thread. Me stanning for bey has nothing to do with anything.

You stanning for Bey is the ONLY reason your in this thread. :lmao: That and the fact that Austineisha can't fight his own battles. :lmao: :lmao:

You corrected something I said mistakenly, not a lie...I have no reason to lie.

Dont get me wrong. I'm not gonna sit up here and act like Aaliyah would have gained a staggering, massive amount of fans for her music simply off her film career but she WITHOUT a question would have had one up on her initial contemps Brandy and Monica since they are reaching for tree branches to keep from hitting rock bottom. Aaliyah would EASILY be letting those two have it.

All I've said (repeatedly, lol) is that her film career, the type of films she had lined up would've been used as a platform for her already successful music career.

She could've become one of the "go to" black actresses in Hollywood (as I said, the industry only uses a handful African Americans repeatedly in film). That type of thing could have a significant effect on her career in music, had it been taken advantage of by her label and the team around her.

Sales are not the main point of this thread, nor was it a main component of my argument. I said Aaliyah, as an adult, was having better success (at the time) of the trio, as they were all transitioning to adult artists. That was the only thing I said about all of that, but it had little to do with my main point in this thread.

We BEEN said that was one of the possibilities. You also however said something along the lines of Beyonce wouldn't have had her shine had she lived & that was what was being argued against.

I said it, because it's a possibility...and if you're truly looking at it from a different perspective, you would see that possiblity also.

That's not the point. You said her debut album was certified 2x platinum before she passed when it wasn't. Deal With it. Certifications are based off shipments anyway not sales. It's very likely that she could've been close to two times platinum for a while before she passed and actually managed to get there in the immediate months after her death.

Yes, I said it. It was a mistake. Not a lie. Mistake and lie, two different things.

Yes, it's more than likely that the debut was close to 2x and surpassed that in the immediate months after she passed.

However, if it truly is pass 3x in the states now, it's could be that it was already over 2x in the states and her label simply hadn't recerted in 2001.

When all three released 2 albums in the 90s, and 2 of them have at least 6 top 10 hits on the hot 100, and one only has half of that, there is a problem. :mellow:

Now thats just straight up ridiculous. :mellow: Even Monica and Aaliyah knew Brandy was more popular than them but I dont think they even cared. Brandy became a BRAND. Thats how they marketed her. Monica and Aaliyah,that was not their thing,so to speak. They stayed true to them in every sense of the word.

I never said that, Hendrika is lying. :rolleyes:

Read my post after yours.

Sales are not the main point of this thread, nor was it a main component of my argument. I said Aaliyah, as an adult, was having better success (at the time) of the trio, as they were all transitioning to adult artists. That was the only thing I said about all of that, but it had little to do with my main point in this thread.

Wash. Rince. Repeat.

Where was me calling for back up in these threads:

Like I said, see how picking and choosing makes you look a fool? :filenails:

All I've said (repeatedly, lol) is that her film career, the type of films she had lined up would've been used as a platform for her already successful music career.

She could've become one of the "go to" black actresses in Hollywood (as I said, the industry only uses a handful African Americans repeatedly in film). That type of thing could have a significant effect on her career in music, had it been taken advantage of by her label and the team around her.

I get what you are saying but it still seems to be a bit of a stretch. I could definately see her being one the the "go to" black actresses but to act as if that would have translated into sales for her music if the label would have taken advantage of her new found celebrity status to rival Beyonce is questionable. As you know for success you need all the key components aligned just right. Its all too much to assume. NONE OF US CAN SAY WTF WOULD HAVE HAPPENED REALLY..SO OVERALL ITS QUITE POINTLESS

I said it, because it's a possibility...and if you're truly looking at it from a different perspective, you would see that possiblity also.

I mean...anything is possible in tra-la-la land but I just dont see it. I could see them co-existing much like Alicia & Rihanna do with Bey, but if she was still alive and they organized the artist of the decade list she wouldn't be in the top 10 like Bey or Alicia. Just my opinion...

Archived