What age did you move out of your parent's house?

art

18, when I went to college. (I had to move back home afterward because of health issues, which annoyed me, because I swore I'd never live at home again. :lol: Not that I don't love my parents and my home, but I enjoyed being independent and didn't want to live in Florida again). But a lot of my friends moved home after we graduated because the economy collapsed our senior year, so I'm one of a few friends living at home still.

Ok so you don't want to go back to Atlanta so where the hell are you now? Heaven?

No, I was in heaven last week at Constitution Hall. But I'm still in DC finishing school. After that, I'm just going where the wind takes me. I have some idea what I wanna do, but again, it's in Janhova's hands. -_-

Is it weird that I'm 19 and still live with my parents? I'm actually thinking of moving out soon, though.

No, not weird at all. I don't think that's an unusual age to still be living at home regardless, but because of the economic situation, I know a lot of people in their 20s who still live at home (or moved back home), so it's even more common right now.

No, I was in heaven last week at Constitution Hall. But I'm still in DC finishing school. After that, I'm just going where the wind takes me. I have some idea what I wanna do, but again, it's in Janhova's hands. -_-

where you gonna go? You just gonna go anywhere? I would go to Manhattan and get a place next door to Janet :filenails:

18, when I went to college. (I had to move back home afterward because of health issues, which annoyed me, because I swore I'd never live at home again. :lol: Not that I don't love my parents and my home, but I enjoyed being independent and didn't want to live in Florida again). But a lot of my friends moved home after we graduated because the economy collapsed our senior year, so I'm one of a few friends living at home still.

quite a few homes are blended again folks don't talk about it but it's tight out here :filenails:

where you gonna go? You just gonna go anywhere? I would go to Manhattan and get a place next door to Janet :filenails:

I'm either gonna go to grad school of straight to law school. If I go to grad school I'll go instate because I can get a scholarship because of my grades from high school. If I go straight to law school, I'll probably go somewhere in the midwest because some schools will pay for you to attend their schools and don't have to take the bar.

quite a few homes are blended again folks don't talk about it but it's tight out here :filenails:

Really? A lot of people I know talk about it. I know a few parents whose kids moved back home and were so annoying that their parents kicked them out again, though they often helped them get a new place (one friend had her parents rent her a condo just because they were sick of her bringing her boyfriend home or something).

I'm either gonna go to grad school of straight to law school. If I go to grad school I'll go instate because I can get a scholarship because of my grades from high school. If I go straight to law school, I'll probably go somewhere in the midwest because some schools will pay for you to attend their schools and don't have to take the bar.

Midwest is the best :thumbup:

WOw a lot of you guys were young when you moved out. I moved out at 20 for my last year of university, went home briefly for a couple of months and then lived with my sister for a few months and after that was on my own :-)

There is a slim chance that I might have to move in with my dad for a few months. A lot of people I know have gone through this or are going through it, moving out, then having to move back in to get their shit together LOL

I thank God for good parents who let their kids come back when they need to LOL

Archived