Pebbles Discography

Bailey

Shanice, Pebbles and Karyn White > Britney, Ciara, Rihanna, J.Lo & DC. (JMO. Where's Miaboo? -_-)

Anyway, I actually have all 3 of her albums. :asham: She may not the greatest singer but she still made a lot of great R&B music. Her last album Straight from My Heart is probably my favorite. "Are You Ready" deserved to be a bigger hit, and it also includes a really nice cover of MJ's "I Can't Help It."

All 3 albums:

1. Straight From My Heart

2. Pebbles

3. Always

Top 5 songs:

1. "Girlfriend"

2. "Mercedes Boy" (single version)

3. "Are You Ready" (single version)

4. "Always"

5. "Do Me Right"

------------------

Since this became a Karyn White thread too... I have all 3 of her albums as well (especially because she had no greatest hits at the time :asham:). She's the better singer of the two.

Favorite albums

1. Ritual of Love (it's like Jam & Lewis gave her the scraps from RN1814 :ph34r: but I still love it.)

2. Karyn White

3. Make Him Do Right

Favorite songs:

1. "Romantic"

2. "The Way You Love Me"

3. "Hungah"

4. "The Way I Feel About You"

5. "Secret Rendezvous"

thank you, school em....TOP 5 :filenails: hell I remember the shit from back in da day call me old I couldn't care less them songs were hits

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scraping. The. Barrel.

I only know Girlfriend :coffee:

you know something ummmmmm :filenails: how you know "Girlfriends" but not "Mercedes Boy" that was number 1 on Video Soul top 20 and ya'll please dont try Donnie Simpson and Video Soul that's Black music history.... :filenails:

Scraping. The. Barrel.

I only know Girlfriend :coffee:

it's not scrapping a damn thang I just remember the ole school, yea im a bit older but trust bring in some other members and they will confirm yes these songs played on the radio heavily and were hits for these ladies trying to duplicate what Janet did with Control

you know something ummmmmm :filenails: how you know "Girlfriends" but not "Mercedes Boy" that was number 1 on Video Soul top 20 and ya'll please dont try Donnie Simpson and Video Soul that's Black music history.... :filenails:

I remember Girlfriend making somewhat of an impact over here. The rest barely registered :coffee:

Jody and Karyn were slightly more significant in the UK.

I remember Girlfriend making somewhat of an impact over here. The rest barely registered :coffee:

Jody and Karyn were slightly more significant in the UK.

Well these were stables within the Black community in the US at the time, it's like Jimmy said when Control did not win Album of the Year, he said we got the ghetto Grammy, meaning we could hear Control in the barbershops, on the streets blasting from cars, whether EVERYONE knew it or not, these female acts, including Jody Watley had some of the best 80's hits, and some, not all, came for Janet...Karen White imparticular

She could SANG and dance circles around that lil girl who had a chubby child with LA REID and fucked TLC over :filenails:

she had good production, now come on now please don't play like them songs you didn't hear. Im more confused over the living for the Lord thang she and Apollnia pulled. My thread was to take ya'll back to some R&B I remember back in the day off stations that catered to Blacks.

She could SANG and dance circles around that lil girl who had a chubby child with LA REID and fucked TLC over :filenails:

ok please explain fucking over TLC, my understanding of it was basically she felt she "discovered" them and LA and Face took them from her, and as for destroying them, their mismanagement and group in fighting did that, from what I remember Pebbles was pissed because she felt something was stolen from her

she had good production, now come on now please don't play like them songs you didn't hear. Im more confused over the living for the Lord thang she and Apollnia pulled. My thread was to take ya'll back to some R&B I remember back in the day off stations that catered to Blacks.

I swear to you..I never got into Pebbles because I always felt she really didn't have no talent. She was just some bitch with a pretty face they wanted to throw on the covers of cassettes and videos. I don't even recall her being as noticeable as Karyn and Jody. Pebbles was like a step or two down from them from what I remember.

well some of us remember the 80's and Black radio and some of us don't check the numbers Red Simba had it on point, I remember Pebbles killing R&B coming in #1 on the Video Soul top 20 countdown on Fridays, and yes I remember when :filenails:

I swear to you..I never got into Pebbles because I always felt she really didn't have no talent. She was just some bitch with a pretty face they wanted to throw on the covers of cassettes and videos. I don't even recall her being as noticeable as Karyn and Jody. Pebbles was like a step or two down from them from what I remember.

Peebles didn't have that huge crossover, it was a Black thang is what I really been trying to say without being offensive, but I remember these songs were hits, you gotta look at ya roots ask yourself why Babyface and LA Reid get to where they got....Jimmy and Terry will tell you, them artists right there and more importantly the songs the producers came up with

come on now, did you even listen to the clips I posted? Tell me you don't remember each and every one of those songs? If not then maybe your younger than me by a bit, but I aint lying on Black radio which is all I grew up to, thus my love of Janet, these artists slayed with those very same tracks I brought up.

Britney Spears has not talent but the music, well that's another story. I think some people are about the artist and this and that, I grew up hearing shit didn't know the lyrics maybe not even who sang the shit but I knew good music when I heard it.

ok please explain fucking over TLC, my understanding of it was basically she felt she "discovered" them and LA and Face took them from her, and as for destroying them, their mismanagement and group in fighting did that, from what I remember Pebbles was pissed because she felt something was stolen from her

As TLC moved up in the music business, they began to feel stifled by the contractual control Pebbles maintained over them and ONLY moved towards LA for artistic direction. She had her hand in the pot of EVERYTHING. Thats frustrating and unfair to artists. She was the Lou Pearlman before Lou Pearlman. Not to say there weren't other deals parallel to this one back then but this was one of the WORST cases.

Archived