Pebbles Discography

Bailey

Britney Spears has not talent but the music, well that's another story. I think some people are about the artist and this and that, I grew up hearing shit didn't know the lyrics maybe not even who sang the shit but I knew good music when I heard it.

I've very aware of what you are saying about Pebbles being "popular" in the urban community whether it be black music channels or urban radio. Yes,I heard Pebbles but she didn't seem to make as much noice in the urban community as Karyn and Jody. Thats all I'm saying. She was "there" but she wasn't on their level -again..from what I can remember.

What are u actually debating about? Are you saying she was as popular as Karyn and Jody?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As TLC moved up in the music business, they began to feel stifled by the contractual control Pebbles maintained over them and ONLY moved towards LA for artistic direction. She had her hand in the pot of EVERYTHING. Thats frustrating and unfair to artists. She was the Lou Pearlman before Lou Pearlman. Not to say there weren't other deals parallel to this one back then but this was one of the WORST cases.

I remember this from "Behind the Music" VH1, Pebbles tried to milk them TLC said we had deals coming in to do this and that and didn't even know because Pebbles stopped it, however as an artist I loved her music

I've very aware of what you are saying about Pebbles being "popular" in the urban community whether it be black music channels or urban radio. Yes,I heard Pebbles but she didn't seem to make as much noice in the urban community as Karyn and Jody. Thats all I'm saying. She was "there" but she wasn't on their level -again..from what I can remember.

What are u actually debating about? Are you saying she was as popular as Karyn and Jody?

NO Jody slayed, what I am saying is these women and those songs were hits and even if they never left the urban community trust radio spun them if for no other reason than the production no real debate to each his own. I kinda think we need a Black music digital archive to perserve what was going on, these women, some, tried to duplicate "Control" in the dancing, the video's the attitude. Wait another one

The UK will accept anything musically. You could shit on a stick and sell it to UK radio and it'd be a hit. :filenails:

so not nice :lmao: anyway Im trying to figure out how some of us remember Shanice but Pebbles and Karen White, oh we barely heard a note from them :huh:

my thing with TLC and anyone in the biz, you gotta know yo shit and not get robbed at least they got it together

Well that's easy to say on the outside. When you're thrown in that business the avg person BELIEVES what all the suits are telling them because they are not that knowledgeable of the business and aren't aware of their rights/advantages as an artist. You have to go through trial and error to learn. Had TLC not gone through that they wouldn't know the business as well as they do.

Well that can't be true or Janet would have done a lot better over here :(

she's coming, I saw it last night, the people that turned on her, are giving her another shot, I listen to folks in the audience hear what they say, most people said oh it's a good show, others said her prime has passed but she is still a great entertainer, I was surprised Janet is on right now

NO Jody slayed, what I am saying is these women and those songs were hits and even if they never left the urban community trust radio spun them if for no other reason than the production no real debate to each his own. I kinda think we need a Black music digital archive to perserve what was going on, these women, some, tried to duplicate "Control" in the dancing, the video's the attitude. Wait another one

I always loved that video... Even Vanessa could dance better than Pebbles...KEEP IT REAL >_<

Well that's easy to say on the outside. When you're thrown in that business the avg person BELIEVES what all the suits are telling them because they are not that knowledgeable of the business and aren't aware of their rights/advantages as an artist. You have to go through trial and error to learn. Had TLC not gone through that they wouldn't know the business as well as they do.

I see ya, for me it's the ones that never got their due, I remember En Vogue and them saying we had hit songs out but Im driving a beater :unsure:

so not nice :lmao: anyway Im trying to figure out how some of us remember Shanice but Pebbles and Karen White, oh we barely heard a note from them :huh:

Because Shanice is a little more current than them. Their careers STOPPED in the early to mid 90s. One of Shanice's most noticeable songs and album was 1999.

I always loved that video... Even Vanessa could dance better than Pebbles...KEEP IT REAL >_<

ok, on da real, I said it before, Pebbles and Karen were La Reid's and Babyface's answer to Janet, they thought we can take a Black lady beautiful add some great music and do the same thang "Control" did, missing part of the formula Janet was the female MJ, these other ladies were imitators at best

Yall are really doing the most with Miss pebbles. :asham:

Now If we're talking Jody Watley and Karyn White, then thats a different story. There was a time in the late 80s and early 90s when those two ladies were seen as contenders. I mean vocally karyn was amzing and Jody won a grammy for best new artist. So yeah, they had potential. But Miss Pebbles? :umm: No Ma'am. :mellow:

ok, on da real, I said it before, Pebbles and Karen were La Reid's and Babyface's answer to Janet, they thought we can take a Black lady beautiful add some great music and do the same thang "Control" did, missing part of the formula Janet was the female MJ, these other ladies were imitators at best

I know they were imitators but I would not put Pebbles in the same league as Karyn TALENT WISE #justsayin

Yall are really doing the most with Miss pebbles. :asham:

Now If we're talking Jody Watley and Karyn White, then thats a different story. There was a time in the late 80s and early 90s when those two ladies were seen as contenders. I mean vocally karyn was amzing and Jody won a grammy for best new artist. So yeah, they had potential. But Miss Pebbles? :umm: No Ma'am. :mellow:

This is what I'm tryna convey to Bailey ..nothing more nothing less

Didn't Pebbles only have 2 albums? And neither was really worth a damn? :coffee:

What's next?! Karyn fucking White?!! :mellow:

I cannot stand the negative energy on this board, Pebbles had 4 albums, 4 #1 R&B hits, 4 top 20 hits, 3 of reach were top 5. Karyn White had 3 albums 4#1 R&B songs, and 5 top 20 hits.

Because Shanice is a little more current than them. Their careers STOPPED in the early to mid 90s. One of Shanice's most noticeable songs and album was 1999.

and after 1999 she had one album in 2006 which sold 209k copies worldwide :rolleyes:

Archived