Adele continues to slay while J. Low is destined to flop

art

ADELE’S 21 ROLLS A SEVEN FOR MOTHER’S DAY WEEKEND

Columbia/XL Album Remains at #1 With Beastie Boys, Now 38 Vying for #2

May 4, 2011

This Adele album is a mother.

The XL/Columbia U.K. pop diva is rolling sevens with 21, which will spend its seventh week at #1 next week, adding what appears to be another 120-150k to its 1.4 million U.S. total, thanks to Mom’s Day Weekend.

That’s based on one-day sales reports from those music retailers who have stopped searching for Osama bin Laden.

Next week, the real battle will be for #2 between a pair of Capitol/EMI entries. The Beastie Boys’ long-awaited Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, the sequel to an album that never officially came out, looks to be in the 100-110k range, the same as the next volume of the Now 38 series on the same label.

Indie stalwart Sub Pop’s indie answer to Crosby, Stills and Nash, Fleet Foxes’ Helplessness Blues is looking at an impressive first-week total of 80-90k, which should be good for Top 4.

American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez’s Island/IDJ bow, Love?, looks to be in the 60-65k range, which might be helped by her performance on Thursday night’s edition of the show.

Reprise’s Fleetwood Mac vet Stevie Nicks, currently on tour with Rod Stewart, comes out with In Your Dreams, her first solo album since 2001’s Trouble in Shangri-La, which should do between 40-45k.

Atlantic R&B crooner Musiq Soulchild is back with his sixth studio album, MusiqInTheMagiq, in the range of 30-35k

Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx band, Sixx: A.M., is back with the Eleven Seven album, This Is Gonna Hurt, on target for between 25-30k, the same as Epic’s Sade The Ultimate Collection.

The market was down 17% vs. last week, down 2% vs. the same week last year and still, surprisingly, down 2% year to date. Now we can all go back to getting to the roots of Donald Trump’s hair.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08519m01

tumblr_ljtwwmcDYW1qe5cn6o1_500.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking about that today. :lmao: I havent listened to either album yet, but I see shes anmed them after her age so I'm wondering if she's gonna continue it.

21 is excellent. A great departure from today's "pop" music.

Get it, Adele. :wub:21 has pretty much been on repeat for me since it leaked. I keep having different favorites from it - the past couple of days I've been obsessed with "Don't You Remember."

One of my faves.. :wub: :wub:

Hometown Glory is my favorite Adele song. TE :wub:

I'm glad J. Lo is flopping. Proves me right in thinking that "OTF" is not helping her career. It's just a throwaway hit. Her fans were feeling themselves, thinking it was her "We Belong Together"/TEOM moment.

Otherwise, this is one of the better weeks of sales in a long time. Which is sad. But yeah these past few weeks have been a huge pit for album sales, and Adele has been the only one selling six figures.

Hometown Glory is my favorite Adele song. TE :wub:

I'm glad J. Lo is flopping. Proves me right in thinking that "OTF" is not helping her career. It's just a throwaway hit. Her fans were feeling themselves, thinking it was her "We Belong Together"/TEOM moment.

Otherwise, this is one of the better weeks of sales in a long time. Which is sad. But yeah these past few weeks have been a huge pit for album sales, and Adele has been the only one selling six figures.

Mine too. :wub: Even though I think that, overall, 21 is a far superior album to 19, I'm not sure she'll ever be able to top "Hometown Glory" for me.

Leave JLo alone!!!!

TBH, I didn't think she was gonna have good first weeks sales just because she's manage to have her first major hit in a long time. She need another hit for her album to get some momentum.

Wasn't it ppl on here actually acting like Jlo wasn't gonna necessarily flop just because she had a hit on itunes?

#oop

It sort of follows the recent form of Idol "stars" now. the last few seasons the Idol winners albums have been huge flops but sometimes the singles did decently on billboard or at least itunes.

And jlo has seen that so far her singles have been moderate to decent hits on itunes but it isnt translating into album sales so far. Will see how it develops as she performs on the show though.

Archived