art

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not saying that ppl should make fun of her

im just noticing the double standard

if ppl are gonna pick on "overweight" ppl, then they should pick on all of em

not just some of em

Shes not selling sex shes selling strictly music.

Any pop star that shows their body and constantly sings about sexual things... better have a nice body especially if they show it off all the time. Start how you finish.

ADELE’S 21 ROLLS A SEVEN FOR MOTHER’S DAY WEEKEND

Columbia/XL Album Remains at #1 With Beastie Boys, Now 38 Vying for #2

May 4, 2011

This Adele album is a mother.

The XL/Columbia U.K. pop diva is rolling sevens with 21, which will spend its seventh week at #1 next week, adding what appears to be another 120-150k to its 1.4 million U.S. total, thanks to Mom’s Day Weekend.

That’s based on one-day sales reports from those music retailers who have stopped searching for Osama bin Laden.

Next week, the real battle will be for #2 between a pair of Capitol/EMI entries. The Beastie Boys’ long-awaited Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, the sequel to an album that never officially came out, looks to be in the 100-110k range, the same as the next volume of the Now 38 series on the same label.

Indie stalwart Sub Pop’s indie answer to Crosby, Stills and Nash, Fleet Foxes’ Helplessness Blues is looking at an impressive first-week total of 80-90k, which should be good for Top 4.

American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez’s Island/IDJ bow, Love?, looks to be in the 60-65k range, which might be helped by her performance on Thursday night’s edition of the show.

Reprise’s Fleetwood Mac vet Stevie Nicks, currently on tour with Rod Stewart, comes out with In Your Dreams, her first solo album since 2001’s Trouble in Shangri-La, which should do between 40-45k.

Atlantic R&B crooner Musiq Soulchild is back with his sixth studio album, MusiqInTheMagiq, in the range of 30-35k

Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx band, Sixx: A.M., is back with the Eleven Seven album, This Is Gonna Hurt, on target for between 25-30k, the same as Epic’s Sade The Ultimate Collection.

The market was down 17% vs. last week, down 2% vs. the same week last year and still, surprisingly, down 2% year to date. Now we can all go back to getting to the roots of Donald Trump’s hair.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08519m01

tumblr_ljtwwmcDYW1qe5cn6o1_500.gif

1 1 ADELE 21 XL/COLUMBIA 154,543 +26%

-- 5 JENNIFER LOPEZ LOVE? ISLAND/IDJMG 80,305 --

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

They both did better than expected. :clapping:

I really don't understand all tha animosity towards J-lo. Nobody expected her to sell crazy units. But at the end of the day, when you consider where her career was 2 years ago, she has certainly made a comeback. :thumbup:

I really don't understand all tha animosity towards J-lo. Nobody expected her to sell crazy units. But at the end of the day, when you consider where her career was 2 years ago, she has certainly made a comeback. :thumbup:

I love J.Lo, but I'd certainly have thought she'd sell more than this! (Not that I bought it. :lol:).

She got her first Top 5 hit since 2003 (if you don't count that '06 song with LL) and even though the sales are low, she sold more than Brave did its first week. Folks thought she was going to sell big because she's on AI even though Randy and Paula showed that it doesn't have any effect on their music careers.

She got her first Top 5 hit since 2003 (if you don't count that '06 song with LL) and even though the sales are low, she sold more than Brave did its first week. Folks thought she was going to sell big because she's on AI even though Randy and Paula showed that it doesn't have any effect on their music careers.

So why is that front man from Aerosmith releasing some shit now too? On AI no less :filenails:

Um..there were quite a few ppl who thought she was gonna do fairly ..don't know why....but um yeah.

Um..there were quite a few ppl who thought she was gonna do fairly ..don't know why....but um yeah.

Well considering the #1 album in the country only 154,000, J-lo's album sells aren't that far apart. Nobody's selling huge numbers really. So why all this drama about J-lo. :mellow:

Imma have to check Adele out since you all are ranting and raving about her. The ONLY songs I've heard by her are "Chasing Pavements" and "Hometown Glory".....and I LOVE THAT SONG

It's really not what everyone is making it out to be.. :filenails:

Archived