Crazy situation . . . (very long story)

LyricalLesson

This is a long story --

3 years ago, when I was younger and dumber, I had a friend named Angel. We were close, and I was always feelin her on a deeper level, but I have a massive amount of self control -- so my feelings for her were kept at bay. Over time though, we did finally start moving into a "more than friends" type relationship. I thought this chick was perfect: beautiful, great personality, not high maintenance, laid back. Only thing was that she was secretive about things at times. She said she just had trust issues, and I was cool with that. I figured I could break those walls down over time. Thought we'd be good together -- up until this one night that literally changed every thing.

It was a Friday, I was DJ-ing at the skating rink I used to work at. Earlier in the day she wrote me on myspace and said she'd call or text me later. It was a chill day at work, not much happening, so I got back on myspace on my phone. Saw she was online, so I decided to hit her up. We were talking, and it seemed a little bit awkward because she was asking me stuff that I was sure she already knew, like "what's your phone number again", but I shrugged it off. She said, "can I call you real quick?" -- I told her I was at work, but yeah it's cool, give me a call. A few minutes passed by, and I get a phone call from Angel . . . But when I picked up, it WASN'T Angel . . . It was some cat named MATHEW that flipped the fuck out and wondered why I was calling his girl "babygirl" and why we were talking.

At first, I thought it was a joke, and played along, but after a while I realized this was legit. At that moment, it all came together. Some of the secretive shit Angel used to do, the fact that she never shared personal stuff, the sporadic messages/texts -- times to not contact her without much explanation. This cat WASN'T lying, he got all emotional, voice all cracking and I could tell he was crying. He was pissed, but he seemed to be more pissed at her. Trying to get me to help him confront her about it. At that point, I was a little hurt myself so I said I was sorry, had no idea about their relationship and I won't intrude anymore. It was intense and depressing, but it wasn't over yet. Angel got home shortly after that -- her and the Mathew dude had it out. Then she got pissed and cussed me out over text and tripped that I "told him everything" . . . even though I thought I was speaking to her over myspace. Threats were flying, truth came out. I was done. I was mad about being lied to/the situation in general, but a little disappointed that played a part in breaking up a relationship. That's not my style, I'm a firm believer in the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" . . . That was the last time I spoke to or heard from either of them, until . . .

About a month ago. My friend José asked me how I knew a dude named Mathew. I honestly couldn't remember who he was. José explained that a few of his boys came over to smoke, and while they were in his house a status update of mine had popped up and Mathew saw it and asked if José knew who I was. José said the Mathew cat was pissed and trippin' out about me while tellin' the story of what happened 3 years back. He ended it by saying he wanted to kill me :lol::umm:

Fast forward to yesterday . . . I get a friend request from Mathew on Facebook. I'm trying to decide whether or not to add him to see what he's planning on doing. I'm not a punk, and I'm not bothered by him threatening to kill me, I'm very well equipped to handle my own -- but I'm also not one of those stupid thugs who think they're tougher than Superman. Like I said before, part of me feels bad about what happened, but damn that shit was 3 YEARS AGO. Shit like this should have a shelf life.

How would you handle this situation?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a long story --

3 years ago, when I was younger and dumber, I had a friend named Angel. We were close, and I was always feelin her on a deeper level, but I have a massive amount of self control -- so my feelings for her were kept at bay. Over time though, we did finally start moving into a "more than friends" type relationship. I thought this chick was perfect: beautiful, great personality, not high maintenance, laid back. Only thing was that she was secretive about things at times. She said she just had trust issues, and I was cool with that. I figured I could break those walls down over time. Thought we'd be good together -- up until this one night that literally changed every thing.

It was a Friday, I was DJ-ing at the skating rink I used to work at. Earlier in the day she wrote me on myspace and said she'd call or text me later. It was a chill day at work, not much happening, so I got back on myspace on my phone. Saw she was online, so I decided to hit her up. We were talking, and it seemed a little bit awkward because she was asking me stuff that I was sure she already knew, like "what's your phone number again", but I shrugged it off. She said, "can I call you real quick?" -- I told her I was at work, but yeah it's cool, give me a call. A few minutes passed by, and I get a phone call from Angel . . . But when I picked up, it WASN'T Angel . . . It was some cat named MATHEW that flipped the fuck out and wondered why I was calling his girl "babygirl" and why we were talking.

At first, I thought it was a joke, and played along, but after a while I realized this was legit. At that moment, it all came together. Some of the secretive shit Angel used to do, the fact that she never shared personal stuff, the sporadic messages/texts -- times to not contact her without much explanation. This cat WASN'T lying, he got all emotional, voice all cracking and I could tell he was crying. He was pissed, but he seemed to be more pissed at her. Trying to get me to help him confront her about it. At that point, I was a little hurt myself so I said I was sorry, had no idea about their relationship and I won't intrude anymore. It was intense and depressing, but it wasn't over yet. Angel got home shortly after that -- her and the Mathew dude had it out. Then she got pissed and cussed me out over text and tripped that I "told him everything" . . . even though I thought I was speaking to her over myspace. Threats were flying, truth came out. I was done. I was mad about being lied to/the situation in general, but a little disappointed that played a part in breaking up a relationship. That's not my style, I'm a firm believer in the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" . . . That was the last time I spoke to or heard from either of them, until . . .

About a month ago. My friend José asked me how I knew a dude named Mathew. I honestly couldn't remember who he was. José explained that a few of his boys came over to smoke, and while they were in his house a status update of mine had popped up and Mathew saw it and asked if José knew who I was. José said the Mathew cat was pissed and trippin' out about me while tellin' the story of what happened 3 years back. He ended it by saying he wanted to kill me :lol::umm:

Fast forward to yesterday . . . I get a friend request from Mathew on Facebook. I'm trying to decide whether or not to add him to see what he's planning on doing. I'm not a punk, and I'm not bothered by him threatening to kill me, I'm very well equipped to handle my own -- but I'm also not one of those stupid thugs who think they're tougher than Superman. Like I said before, part of me feels bad about what happened, but damn that shit was 3 YEARS AGO. Shit like this should have a shelf life.

How would you handle this situation?

add him but block him from seeing all your photos.

Dont add him

and tell the police

for real

as ive learnt in my life, never underestimate people and how crazy they are

or, if want try something else,

maybe try talk 2 him and say that u didnt do anything wrong

u didnt know she was seeing him

its not ur fault

he should be angry @ his "angel"

Dont add him

and tell the police

for real

as ive learnt in my life, never underestimate people and how crazy they are

or, if want try something else,

maybe try talk 2 him and say that u didnt do anything wrong

u didnt know she was seeing him

its not ur fault

he should be angry @ his "angel"

I don't really think it's necessary to alert the police, yet at least.

I feel you, I'm definitely not underestimating dude. Crazy is crazy. If my friend is telling the truth and this guy siad he wanted to kill me, legitimately -- then he's crazy as hell. This was all too long ago for him to still be THAT mad about it.

My first instinct was to add him and see if he brought up what happened with Angel so I could rationally explain and apologize again, because like I said before, I DO feel bad about it.

I would take my ass on and keep it moving. As soon as you "friend" him on facebook he can go thru all yo shit so ummm no. Angel was wrong, she wanted to play the im not committed to anything card, and use you for a sounding board but of course not commit. Get ya self-esteem up and out and keep it moving, fuck these people, too many assholes and jerks out here on some dumb shit trying to play game run game be game whatever. She was not for you, and probably not for Matthew neither. I bet they don't even talk no more, he just wanna know everything you know she did not tell him. From now on YOUR NAMES IS BENNETT CAUSE YOU AIN'T IN IT....

HERE YOU GO YO NEW ANTHEM LEARN IT :filenails: --------->

Don't add him.

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm sure I won't. I may message him and be like "I saw you added me, but do I know you?" or something to that effect.

oh, and another thing

NEVER REACT TO A PSYCHO!!!!!

That's in a nutshell what my friend said to me

:lol:

I don't really think it's necessary to alert the police, yet at least.

I feel you, I'm definitely not underestimating dude. Crazy is crazy. If my friend is telling the truth and this guy siad he wanted to kill me, legitimately -- then he's crazy as hell. This was all too long ago for him to still be THAT mad about it.

My first instinct was to add him and see if he brought up what happened with Angel so I could rationally explain and apologize again, because like I said before, I DO feel bad about it.

I'm just not sure about his intentions in adding u

he could probably know all ur whereabouts etc

just seems weird

but if u do feel bad, MSG HIM on facebook (dont add)

and see wat he says

its not ur fault

I mean, I'm sure he can already see all of my photos. I think my profile is public, so I don't know why he even feels the need to add me.

:blink:

you might as well add him if your profile is public but anyway how long ago did he say he wanted to kill you?

you might as well add him if your profile is public but anyway how long ago did he say he wanted to kill you?

tea sipper :rolleyes: chile boom Matthew don't know shit about him beyond some damn chick name Angel who was anything but, they was smoking out and came up on Lyrical shit and he got that dro in him and went to talking shit, chile you chirren, ask Matt punk ass what Angel doing, bet he either don't know at all or he can only guess cause I bet they aint together hell. :filenails:

I would take my ass on and keep it moving. As soon as you "friend" him on facebook he can go thru all yo shit so ummm no. Angel was wrong, she wanted to play the im not committed to anything card, and use you for a sounding board but of course not commit. Get ya self-esteem up and out and keep it moving, fuck these people, too many assholes and jerks out here on some dumb shit trying to play game run game be game whatever. She was not for you, and probably not for Matthew neither. I bet they don't even talk no more, he just wanna know everything you know she did not tell him. From now on YOUR NAMES IS BENNETT CAUSE YOU AIN'T IN IT....

HERE YOU GO YO NEW ANTHEM LEARN IT :filenails: --------->

:lol::good: Thanks man, good advice.

I want to make it clear though that I'm definitely not still, nor was I trippin' over "losing" her then -- After she did what she did, I was done. The only thing I felt bad about was breaking up a relationship. I've never been the "I don't give a fuck if you got a boyfriend, let's get it in" type. I know that's not the way I'd want shit to go down if the shoe was on the other foot. I've definitely moved on, but seems like ol' boy hasn't.

I'm just not sure about his intentions in adding u

he could probably know all ur whereabouts etc

just seems weird

but if u do feel bad, MSG HIM on facebook (dont add)

and see wat he says

its not ur fault

That's what I was thinking. I'm always updating my location too, just because my friends always meet up with me somewhere. But even then, with my profile being public, he would be able to see that without the add. So it's not adding up. It's definitely weird.

Yeah, I think I'm probably going to message him to see what he says, any level-headed human being would know that it wasn't my fault.

That's what I was thinking. I'm always updating my location too, just because my friends always meet up with me somewhere. But even then, with my profile being public, he would be able to see that without the add. So it's not adding up. It's definitely weird.

Yeah, I think I'm probably going to message him to see what he says, any level-headed human being would know that it wasn't my fault.

God, I hate crazy ppl

they should be all exterminated

for real

but pardon me

im not allowed 2 hate ppl

i might get another thread created about me

:lol::good: Thanks man, good advice.

I want to make it clear though that I'm definitely not still, nor was I trippin' over "losing" her then -- After she did what she did, I was done. The only thing I felt bad about was breaking up a relationship. I've never been the "I don't give a fuck if you got a boyfriend, let's get it in" type. I know that's not the way I'd want shit to go down if the shoe was on the other foot. I've definitely moved on, but seems like ol' boy hasn't.

chile, you aint break up shit, cause wasn't shit to break up look I told Madea I was gone talk to you chirren, now see, Angel was like a bird, you know she wanna fly here and fly there, she had twigs ok, and you was a twig, ,Matthew was a twig, and guess what Angel (you know bird with wings) had twigs all over town spreading that damn bird flu. Be glad people like that aint in yo life, you didn't do nothing wrong she was wrong as all hell and probably still is. Forget about this mess and stay away from it, why would you even talk to Matt? I would be like "dude why you wanna kill me? Angel didn't tell you and all them dudes she was fucking? I mean I knew how she got down because I smashed it too, but still why?" "It's just pussy if you want I let u get it every other weekend, but as far as I know Angel booked up for the next two months at least...bitch ass muthafucka" :filenails:

It was about a month ago. Kind of alarming that the add came so close to that statement. BUT, who knows, maybe this dude was just ranting because he was with his boys. Some of my friends do shit like that, try to sound all tough when they're amongst the guys -- but in all actuality, they aren't gonna do shit.

<_<

tea sipper :rolleyes: chile boom Matthew don't know shit about him beyond some damn chick name Angel who was anything but, they was smoking out and came up on Lyrical shit and he got that dro in him and went to talking shit, chile you chirren, ask Matt punk ass what Angel doing, bet he either don't know at all or he can only guess cause I bet they aint together hell. :filenails:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is EXACTLY what my first thought was when my boy told me what happened! And you're right on all accounts -- Angel wasn't/isn't an "angel", he doesn't know anything about me, and they AREN'T together anymore. Damn you're good, J :w00t:

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm sure I won't. I may message him and be like "I saw you added me, but do I know you?" or something to that effect.

Just send a message telling him that there was no need for him to send a request considering how much he hates you and said he wanted to kill you.

Just send a message telling him that there was no need for him to send a request considering how much he hates you and said he wanted to kill you.

he aint got to say shit to him ignoring muthafuckas until they resent you always works :filenails:

Archived