POST YOUR FAVORITE SONG (and why) BY . . .

LyricalLesson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely "Cool."

I wouldn't be so certain if it weren't for the video.

It's absolutely beautiful and fits the song like a custom leopard print latex catsuit. And the string intro is everything to me. I wish the album track had that opening. Regardless, the song itself is gorgeous. Pop perfection.

"Don't Speak" isn't a Gwen Stefani song . . . it's a No Doubt song.

Had No Doubt songs been included into this discussion, "Don't Speak" would have been far and away my pick,

simply because it is one of my top 10 favorite songs of ALL-TIME. I think it's one of the greatest pop songs ever written. :blush:

Third artist chosen: Chris Brown

Not a fan of Chris Brown's AT ALL. No, it has nothing to do with the fact that he's an woman beating raving lunatic -- I couldn't stand the whiny girly sounding bastard BEFORE he Pon'd the fuck out of Rihanna's Replay -- I just genuinely dislike his public persona, and fail to see much vocal ability in him at all. Having said that, I do enjoy a few of his songs. The one I enjoy most comes in the form of this UNRELEASED track:

I first became of this song's existence shortly after the initial chart-run of his first album, when talks of his then upcoming second album were swirling. It caught me off guard . . . the funky old school production, the unusual and extremely rare strong vocal delivery from Chris, the lyrical concept of the track -- so youthful and refreshing. It's a perfect blend of Pop and Hip Hop. A lane that I feel best fits Chris Brown's "style". I still play this song regularly, I'm a big fan of it. Shows that I can appreciate good music, even if it comes from someone I honestly don't care for, at all. :dance:

"Don't Speak" isn't a Gwen Stefani song . . . it's a No Doubt song. Had No Doubt songs been included into this discussion, "Don't Speak" would have been far and away my pick,simply because it is one of my top 10 favorite songs of ALL-TIME. I think it's one of the greatest pop songs ever written.

:blush:

Fine, "Luxurious." :P I also like the remix ... much prefer it to Fergie's "Glamorous" which they shamelessly recycled it for. -_- "Don't Speak" is my favorite Gwen Stefani-related song though. :P

I'm not a CB fan either, even before that ... thing, he's just a dancer. I do like "Take You Down" though.

Fourth artist chosen: Robyn

I've been a fan of Robyn's since 1996, 1997 when she dropped her first singles in the U.S. I thought she was and still is one of the illest, most soulful, most talented pop songbirds of the late 90's-early 00's . . . this choice was HARD to make because it came down to a battle between "Do You Know What It Takes" (which I STILL play often, almost 15 years later) and "Keep This Fire Burning" . . . the winner is:

VERY VERY HARD DECISION. It was almost painful for me to pass over "Do You Know What It Takes" :( because I think it is an amazing song. But "Keep This Fire Burning" is perfection. Robyn's got one of the most unique voices I've ever heard before. She's a vanilla sista with soul, passion, and fire in her vocals . . . this song is the epitome of the greatness she possesses. Many have covered the track, but none of them can compare. Dope track. Addictive. Full of swag. On a scale of 1 to 10? I give it an 11. :excited:

Gwen Stefani:

'Early Winter' is my fave Gwen track. I think it's the perfect mesh of Gwen Stefani and No Doubt. Could have (and should have) been a massive hit if she really got behind it, but it kinda fell off. As much as I love her flashy Neptunes stuff, this is the Gwen I adore. '4 In The Morning' is a very close second.

Chris Brown:

'Ain't No Way (You Won't Love Me)' is my fave Chris Brown track. Put simply, it's a great R&B song. I live for that little whistle sound, it holds the whole thing together. And I love his backing vocals on this one. Very similar in sound to another one of my fave tracks from around the same time, Bobby Valentino's 'Tell Me'.

Honestly, us Robyn fans have been spoiled for choice these past twelve months. Barely an ounce of filler from two-and-a-half fantastic albums. Before the Body Talk series I would've answered 'With Every Heartbeat' without blinking, but 'Love Kills' has since taken over my life. That bridge is everything. She sounds almost as ferocious as the drum machine backing her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfLocz3_4c

:wub:

Honestly, us Robyn fans have been spoiled for choice these past twelve months. Barely an ounce of filler from two-and-a-half fantastic albums. Before the Body Talk series I would've answered 'With Every Heartbeat' without blinking, but 'Love Kills' has since taken over my life. That bridge is everything. She sounds almost as ferocious as the drum machine backing her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfLocz3_4c

:wub:

YES to every single thing on this post :wub:

as for my fav by her

her first 3 albums have some cool tunes too , there is this ballad there that sample a heartbeat and it's ORGASMIC :wub:

Archived