POST YOUR FAVORITE SONG (and why) BY . . .

LyricalLesson

The "Post Your Favorite Song By . . ." Thread

You can ONLY choose one song to post by the chosen artist

First artist chosen: Lil' Wayne

Not a fan of him, or his music -- but I'd have to say that this is my favorite song of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfqRus0RQYc

You may be saying "WTF, are you serious?" -- Yes, I am :lol: I think this song is excellent. He took a risk coming out with something left field (SINGING on a ROCK INSTRUMENTAL) And for me, it paid off. The concept of the song is original, the lyrics were refreshing; not the typical bullcrap nonsense that comes out of his mouth, and he was actually very passionate in his delivery. To this day, I haven't felt anything that's come close to what I felt with this song from this guy :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Single"

I'm not into Weezy like MOST hip hop heads but I've learned to appreciate his hustle and the talent he does have. I've liked a few things by him over the years but this song "Single" grabs me because I like wtf he's talking about and I love how the track sounds like its kinda dragging along. Very laid back. I swear its some shit that he just put together in five minutes. Sounds very "fresh off the dome".

Second artist chosen: Gwen Stefani

I'd have to say that this is my absolute favorite song from Gwennie Gwen Gwen:

Gwen Stefani has a catalog filled with bangin' songs that I love -- "Crash", "Hollaback Girl", "Yummy", "Luxurious", "Rich Girl", "Wind It Up", "Breakin' Up", "Now That You've Got It", "Orange County Girl" -- but if I had to pick only ONE song, I would say that "Serious" is the strongest song she's ever recorded in her solo career. The decision to NOT release it as a single was a monumental mistake. It's BRILLIANT! The orchestra instrumental that eventually bleeds into the thumping 80's Madonna-esque beat, the witty lyrics that uses a correlation between physical/mental health concerns and love, the strong vocals, that hypnotic vocal reverb...it's all perfection. :blush:

Archived