So tell me ...WHAT IMPACT HAVE THEY MADE..??

janetDAYZ

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Supremes

Spice Girls

DC

TLC

This is how you rank them Sir Duke?...Gwurl, I'ma pray to white Jesus for you. :filenails:

Even Salt & Pepa has more cultural impact than Destiny's Child overall because they re-arranged the entire musical landscape.

Destiny's Child came out biting TLC's "Scrubs" with "Bills, Bills, Bills", and were truly only just a launching pad for Beyonce.

The reason the Supremes weren't added to this poll is because its a given that they are the top dogs. That would be like asking who was better between Usher, Neyo, and Michael Jackson.

Pointless. :filenails:

This is how you rank them Sir Duke?...Gwurl, I'ma pray to white Jesus for you. :filenails:

Even Salt & Pepa has more cultural impact than Destiny's Child overall because they re-arranged the entire musical landscape.

Destiny's Child came out biting TLC's "Scrubs" with "Bills, Bills, Bills", and were truly only just a launching pad for Beyonce.

The reason the Supremes weren't added to this poll is because its a given that they are the top dogs. That would be like asking who was better between Usher, Neyo, and Michael Jackson.

GET EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised you're letting him get away with DC supposedly having more cultural impact than TLC :lmao:

This thread has gotten too big for me to read everything but she has truly gone mad and I like hiow calvin has gone off with started smacking girls.. <_<

DC was was actually more popular with Survivor than they were with TWOTW. TLC's popularity fell with Fanmail. They were only massive with CSC.

Both groups were never up there with Spice Legends though. B)

Are you talking about the "Fanmail" album where every single released went number 1, won numerous grammys, sold 10 million copies, and debuted at number 1 on the charts over Eminem?

"No Scrubs" wasn't a song, it was a movement that sparked a response from the dudes. Everybody was into TLC than. I would say that was the biggest they ever were right in that moment.

Also, "Oooooohhh...On The TLC Tip" sold 4 million and had countless top 10 platinum and gold singles...Thats a huge album as well. :cheers:

Are you talking about the "Fanmail" album where every single released went number 1, won numerous grammys, sold 10 million copies, and debuted at number 1 on the charts over Eminem?

"No Scrubs" wasn't a song, it was a movement that sparked a response from the dudes. Everybody was into TLC than. I would say that was the biggest they ever were right in that moment.

Also, "Oooooohhh...On The TLC Tip" sold 4 million and had countless top 10 platinum and gold singles...Thats a huge album as well. :cheers:

#OOP

Oh poor Nuk. ohboy.gif

Salt-N-Pepa did NOT have more of a cultural impact than DC. :lmao: They were a talented rap group that rode the trend of rappers collaborating with R&B artists. Something that had ALREADY been done in the 80s by a number of artists.

:lmao: @ DC riding TLC. "Bills, Bills, Bills" and "No Scrubs" are similar because Kandi Burress (or whatever her name is) wrote both of the songs. The main difference is that the girls of DC actually cowrote their song. TLC just got in the studio and sang what they were told. They're no better than Rihanna. "No Scrubs" probably found its roots in "No, No, No" since their subject matter is similar ANYWAY.

And DC was a group, not a launching pad. Columbia only wanted Beyonce when they were first auditioning for a the label in 1994 N-E-WAY. And plz let's not try to criticize. Lest we not forget TLC fired Crystal just so Chili could come aboard. Hence them giving Rozanda's ass the nick name "Chili" so they wouldn't have to be called TLR.

LOL @ every song on FM going #1. Did you forget that "Silly Ho" flopped at radio and was considered a "promo" single. Did you forget that "Dear Lie" flopped as well? The album itself only had three official singles anyway. So saying "all the songs" from the album went #1 gives a false sense of accomplishment. "I'm Good At Being Bad", or whatever it's called, was planned to be a single, but it was too raunchy and skank and nobody was here for it. And the NERVE of any of you to say DC didn't have class. :lmao:

Ooooh...On The TLC tip is over shipped. :lmao: @ 4x platinum with only 2.5 million scanned. :lmao: @ CSC being 11x platinum with 7.2 million scanned. That's probably how them bitches when bankrupt. As long as DC has been broke up, you've NEVER heard anything about LaTavia, LeToya, or Farrah claiming to be broke. :lmao:

Nobody was comparing the Spice Legends to the Supremes. I simply said they are the most popular girl group of all time. The only fool who disagreed was TOF. And you see what became of that. Cowboi and I pretty much played a few rounds of badminton with his wig.

:lmao: @ Dayz cosigning because he couldn't argue for TLC.

:lmao: @ Mr. Quincy, Dayz, and Nuk STILL being unable to explain how TLC had more of a cultural impact than DC. :lmao:

Oh no she didn't...Everybody from Lauryn Hill to Nicki Minaj to even TLC owe a lot to what Salt N Pepa brought to music...They are the true mother's of hip hop. Even Queen Latifah cites them as inspirations. They made music with messages and are always cited as pioneers by people that matter. Hence the legends of hip hop tour this year. Beyonce will become a legend but let's be real, DC3 will go down in history as where Beyonce got her start. Diana Ross is huge but its her career as a supreme which is history. With DC3 it will be her solo career recognized, and DC3 will be remebered as a stepping stone in her career cause the group wasn't that tough.

Way more impact...that explains why out of the 9 R&B albums to go diamond , TLC has one and DC3 has none. Destiny's Child started as a group called girl tyme which performed like a bootleg TLC....you lucky I'm at the shop getting a cut to maintain my sexy and not on my home computer...lol

Oh sweetie I can wait until you get home to get on your computer. I've been waiting to hear this argument considering the other TLC stans are too incompetent to explain why TLC had the bigger impact. So I can wait. I have ALL night.

Oh sweetie I can wait until you get home to get on your computer. I've been waiting to hear this argument considering the other TLC stans are too incompetent to explain why TLC had the bigger impact. So I can wait. I have ALL night.

:mellow:

When you were challenged ..you raised your gun,pointed,pulled the trigger -NO AMMO!

I'm still waiting on the bullet. You dont raise a gun and then dont fire the muthafuka :wacko:

GTFO with that shit! There's a REASON why you have yet completed the the "task". I totally understand. I know your game.

No one remembers them anymore. maybe the odd few songs actually.

TLC - no scrubs, waterfalls and unpretty...the others aren't that well known outside the us

DC - survivor, iw, smn, and now thanks to glee bills bills bills

Spice girls...they don't get radioplay here but they bring nostalgia at parties.

How Are ya'll getting on Destiny's child for quote on quote being the launching pad for Beyonce's solo Career when the supremes did the same thing for Diana? Hell Barry Gordy Even changed their name from the Supremes to Diana Ross And The Supremes. The supremes had more member replacements then Destiny's child EVER had.

And TLC. Dead @ them being a real group. They didn't even sing on half of their tracks. Chilli is the ONLY member of that group that sings on No Scrubs w/ Background Vocals being done by Tiny & Kandi of Xscape and Debra Killings. No Scrubs was originally supposed to be Chilli's Solo Single Anyways. Another example is "Creep". T-Boz is the only member to sing on "Creep" with background vocals being done by Debra Killings and T-Boz. These are just two examples as there are many more tracks that the group as a whole does NOT sing on. We won't even get on how they kept kicking left-eye's raps off of the songs. They Kicked the founding member of the group out just to secure a record deal. Some Real Group They were.

The same thing with the supremes. Billboard clocked it how that Diana was the only one singing and the other members would Lip to the studio singers vocals on the Background vocals.

At LEAST DESTINY'S CHILD THE GROUP (DC4 or DC3) all can say they sung on their tracks. At Least Destiny's child can say they had actual input in every aspect of their career. Can't say the same for the lessor girls. NONE of them are crying about Foreclosure or being broke that's for damn sure.

Ya'll Only like to discredit Destiny's child because of your strong dislike for Beyonce. It's the truth. Deal with it.

The Truth of the matter is Destiny's Child Had Major Impact. Their Vocal stylings and Arrangements are still being sung to this day. A Lot of their Songs still Have Major Audience Impressions on Radio More then ten years later. Check Youtube and see how many people are singing the DC arrangement of "Amazing Grace" opposed to the regular version, or their arrangement of the national Anthem, Or covering their songs. So many young and upcoming groups cite Destiny's child as an inspiration and why they picked up microphones in the first place. Stop letting your hate blind you from the truth.

Archived