So tell me ...WHAT IMPACT HAVE THEY MADE..??

janetDAYZ

I will give you popularity but the other 2????

Who did they influence and who list them as an inspiration to become a girl group?

some of the bubble gummy girl groups from 99 and 00 listed them as influences

the top 3 girl groups from the UK have also listed them as influences

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which has been proven time and time again that the Spice Girls have that on lock. Ask around, look around the web, look at the record books

When you Google "The Supremes" you get 2.4 million hits. When you Google "Spice Girls" you get 19 million hits. #ImJustSaying

Which has been proven time and time again that the Spice Girls have that on lock. Ask around, look around the web, look at the record books

:lmao:

At you actually believing that.

Please tell me how you can compare The Spice Girls to the CULTURAL IMPACT of The Supremes?

Please tell me (and this is the one I'm truly waiting on) how you can compare the LEGACY of The Spice Girls to that of The Supremes?

I'll give you success and popularity (even though The Supremes still DOMINATE according to the figures YOU provided. :lol: )....actually no I won't, lol....Please tell how The Spices Girls popularity and success can be compared to that of The Supremes considering the time in which they (The Supremes) accomplished what they accomplished?

Please tell me how you can compare The Spice Girls to the CULTURAL IMPACT of The Supremes?

Please tell me (and this is the one I'm truly waiting on) how you can compare the LEGACY of The Spice Girls to that of The Supremes?

I'll give you success and popularity (even though The Supremes still DOMINATE according to the figures YOU provided. :lol: )....actually no I won't, lol....Please tell how The Spices Girls popularity and success can be compared to that of The Supremes considering the time in which they (The Supremes) accomplished what they accomplished?

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

When you Google "The Supremes" you get 2.4 million hits. When you Google "Spice Girls" you get 19 million hits. #ImJustSaying

its the truth.

now im not trying to knock the Supremes. They were good and have influenced, but you can not compare...you just cant...no matter which way you look at it or which way to approach it...to the Spice Girls and what they have done.

its like saying Amerie has more influence and popularity than Janet

its the truth.

now im not trying to knock the Supremes. They were good and have influenced, but you can not compare...you just cant...no matter which way you look at it or which way to approach it...to the Spice Girls and what they have done.

:mellow:

its the truth.

And I agree. No one is questioning the impact of the influence that The Supremes had. We are discussing the popularity of each group at their peaks. And it's clear, based on the charts, that the Spice Goddesses were, and have always been, more popular than The Supremes. TOF can say that they sold 80 million records, but he has no substantial proof. There's proof of Victoria saying they've sold over 60 million records. I've seen reports of up to 75 million for the Spice Icons. Sales figures are negligible because of unreported sales of the 60s. But the charts do not lie. #1 in 20+ (or 30+ countries) trumps anything any other female group has done chart-wise.

Nooooooooo! :lmao: You challenged me saying I could argue that the Spice Legends are the most popular female group of all time. That's what the debate was about. :lmao: Go back and read old man. Page 6, 7, and 8 are all proof that we were discussing POPULARITY.

Anything else you brought up was irrelevant when discussing popularity.

tumblr_li6q3vi1uo1qaptap.gif

No...that is not how the conversation started. I introduced The Supremes into this thread as the TRUE biggest female act of all time. You downplayed not only The Supremes success but their influence in general which started the debate.

From that point, I encompassed everything into my argument and you focused almost solely on figures.

Again, with the figures you provided The Supremes still dominate, but when looking at everything in it's entirety it's even more clear that The Supremes reign supreme...do like that little play on words. :excited:

GAME SHUTDOWN AND LOCKED SINCE THE 60's.

nbhor1lsgwddslwo.jpg

B) B)

its the truth.

I'll continue to wait... :coffee: :coffee:

No...that is not how the conversation started. I introduced The Supremes into this thread as the TRUE biggest female act of all time. You downplayed not The Supremes success but their influence in general which started the debate.

From that point, I encompassed everything into my argument and you focused almost solely on figures.

Again, with the figures you provided The Supremes still dominate, but when looking at everything in it's entirety it's even more clear that The Supremes reign supreme...do like that little play on words. :excited:

GAME SHUTDOWN AND LOCKED SINCE THE 60's.

nbhor1lsgwddslwo.jpg

B) B)

WTF are you talking about? :mellow:

:mellow:

You tried to dispute my claim about the Spice Girls not being the most popular female group of all time. THAT'S what started the discussion between you and I. Perhaps you need to go back and read instead of continuously making yourself look foolish. :sigh:

You encompassing anything other than pretenses that support your argument on The Supremes being more popular was flat out irrelevant. Hence, why I stopped commenting on that other stuff you were bringing up. That wasn't the discussion. The discussion is about who is more popular, and it's obviously The Spice Legends.

tumblr_lc0i1w3hjF1qz5wa0o1_400.gif

ok if the Supremes had such a HUGE culutural impact, then tell me how come no other black girl groups were as popular until En Vogue came around? HOw many years was it between the end of the Supremes to the first single dropped by En Vogue?

regardless of figures the Spice Girls sold that many with only 3 albums...how many albums did the Supremes have out? oh look up online the amount the Spice Girls have sold

as far as compairing the LEGACY of the Spice Girls to that of the Supremes...is that people still talk about the Spice Girls even now...hence this thread. Was the Supremes included into the poll...no

They are talking about a group with a fan age range from 10 to 25.. Of course they will have more hits on the internet or more album sales..

And what age group did you think The Supremes had? :mellow: Them bitches were all in their early - mid 20s when they started, just like the Spice Girls. :lmao:

I cant believe I have been part of a Xena vs Buffy argument and a Spice Girls vs Supremes argument :lol:

I can officially say that i have no life :sigh:

none whatsoever <_<

I feel like those nerds at those superhero conventions that try to compare superheros :(

Archived