So tell me ...WHAT IMPACT HAVE THEY MADE..??

janetDAYZ

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLC made it okay to look like dikes and sing about stuff like not being too proud to beg ask for some dick.

DC3 made it okay for one or two ppl to do the bulk of the work and still be "a group".

Spice Legends - were easily the most popular group of the 90s bar none. Their whole emphasis on girl power is probably where DC4 got their platform. Them bitches were everywhere. I remember if you didn't like the Spice Girls, you couldn't be friends with certain ppl.

TLC are your favourite group's favourite group. They are the quintessential cool girls and the most original of these three options.

DC3 had polish and sheen in spades. They're the group you'd book for a presidential performance because you know they'd deliver. They're also the group who looked as much about business as they did about fun. Nice vocals, nice moves, pretty faces - check please.

Spice Girls made the biggest splash but I don't think their impact on music itself was anything special. Britpop was alive and kicking before they debuted. The most remarkable thing about them is how they achieved so much in so little time together. I will say though, just about every Spice Girls song could've been a single. Can't say the same for TLC or DC3.

TLC are your favourite group's favourite group. They are the quintessential cool girls and the most original of these three options.

DC3 had polish and sheen in spades. They're the group you'd book for a presidential performance because you know they'd deliver. They're also the group who looked as much about business as they did about fun. Nice vocals, nice moves, pretty faces - check please.

Spice Girls made the biggest splash but I don't think their impact on music itself was anything special. Britpop was alive and kicking before they debuted. The most remarkable thing about them is how they achieved so much in so little time together. I will say though, just about every Spice Girls song could've been a single. Can't say the same for TLC or DC3.

I think I only know one Spice Girls song.. :unsure:

I can only do a lil better. I think I know about 4 songs (possibly 5) :lol:

I'm sorry I just wasn't HERE for these 'here today gone tomorrow' type of acts.

I'm surprised there was enough room under that rock for the two of you. :filenails:

Spice Girls were more "EVERYWHERE today gone tomorrow". There's no legit excuse for not knowing their hits.

hw00er.jpg

LOL.. They played that one song sooooooooooooooo fucking much on MTV.. In those days I was still into old school music.

So my radio stayed on WBLS and 98.7 KISS.. I also was into club music. (LisaLisa, Expose, Coro, Safire)...

I can only do a lil better. I think I know about 4 songs (possibly 5) :lol:

I'm sorry I just wasn't HERE for these 'here today gone tomorrow' type of acts.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

LOL.. They played that one song sooooooooooooooo fucking much on MTV.. In those days I was still into old school music.

So my radio stayed on WBLS and 98.7 KISS.. I also was into club music. (LisaLisa, Expose, Coro, Safire)...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well yeah, part of the girl power experience was that overkill was mandatory. :lol: I figure you're talking about 'Wannabe' (which is not even close to their best single). You should've stuck around for the rest of their takeover.

Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam. :wub:

The majority of their singles made the U.S. Top 20. You guys need to get it together. :sigh:

Go ahead. I did. :good:

I was just never into them. I saw them as a fad and I was basically uninterested... lol

Though I did love (and still love) 2 become 1...it's my guilty pleasure. -_-:lol:

I'm surprised there was enough room under that rock for the two of you. :filenails:

Spice Girls were more "EVERYWHERE today gone tomorrow". There's no legit excuse for not knowing their hits.

Is simply not caring about some overnight pop tarts a good enough excuse? :unsure:

I only know two. :unsure:

2 become 1...and that other one, I think it was their 1st single.

I think that and "Holler" is probably the only songs I like from them. I listen to "Holler" from time to time.... Darkchild is written all over that track.

TLC made it okay to look like dikes and sing about stuff like not being too proud to beg ask for some dick.

DC3 made it okay for one or two ppl to do the bulk of the work and still be "a group".

Spice Legends - were easily the most popular group of the 90s bar none. Their whole emphasis on girl power is probably where DC4 got their platform. Them bitches were everywhere. I remember if you didn't like the Spice Girls, you couldn't be friends with certain ppl.

Hunnies...crack is wack. :filenails:

The Spice Girls were fun for a minute...Literally a minute. TLC had substance. DC3 was cool but they fall short when compared to the En Vogues, Xscapes, and SWVs in song quality.

Archived