The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

So far I'm liking the album (although it's "not really there" yet) and the videos are truly helping. Like many people have said, I think it's very smart that she dropped this album this way because clearly it's paying off with huge sales. It's too early to say if she has changed the game but I think there is one thing from this album that I did not like (or least liked): that she made videos for all songs.

Call me traditional but I like videos being made for singles only. There is something so special and artistic when a music is translated to a moving picture. For me creating videos for ALL songs cheapens the very idea of doing it. Again I know she's trying to change the face of music by releasing a visual album and I know she's done this before with B'Day but I'm saying this as a fan of someone who did Rhythm Nation, If, and Scream to name a few.

• Upvote 2

I didn't call any legend names so 1 what the fuck you talking bout? 2 when im in a department store 20 years from now and I hear beyonce playing...i'll call yo funky ass

YOU DONT HAVE TO NAME THEM SIS. ALL OF THEM ARE HERE FOR HER. SO being played in a funky ass department store 20 years from now makes you a legend? There are plenty of old 80's one hit wonders that get played in department stores, that doesn't make them Legendary. Get the entire fuck outta here with that flawed ass logic. At the end of the day, Beyoncé will be remembered way before your pressed ass. You can cry rivers, Shit floods, Piss lakes and waterfalls and THAT WILL NOT CHANGE. THATS FOR DAMN SURE.

• Upvote 2

I know you're trying to go hard for your fav and all...and imam let you finish but beyonce music will not be placed generations from now homeboy so pipe down. she is a current hit maker equivalent to a basic bitch when it comes to legends. and that's ok. that's what she strives to be. when people are referencing her MUSIC 20 years from now holla at me..til then...3 chops

Oh, you're irate.

Yes, there is a difference, but at the same time you can't act like she's been gone for decades, randomly put a project out, and now it's sitting on top of iTunes.

All of 2013 has built to this moment for her, and the hype surrounding the way it was released has been a major factor in it's success.

She's redeemed herself from "4". I'll give her that.

No one is acting like that. Now I'm not saying this as a stan. I'm trying to be calm, collected and reasonable like I always am :wub:. It is random if you just put your album out there without releasing a press statement about the release date or anything...although technically that's not what happened...they planned this for months. Yes you can make a case for the Superbowl and the various headlines being promo. If so then she kinda did what I do sometimes when I'm feeling sexy. She edged (Grown Woman..Superbowl)...stopped...edged (Tour / Bow Down)...stopped...edged (pictures of videos being released)....and BAM. She's now splattered everywhere and it was best best splatter ever.

But when people say "no promo" they mean where is the Fallon interview? Or the Ellen sit down? Or her Wendy appearance? Or the VMA performance? Or American Music Awards? Or the single? Or the rounds on the radio? Or her segment on Good Morning America? THAT'S what people mean by saying no promo because that's what a typical promotion for an album looks like. So no there hasn't been promotion. Just constant teases and a lot of secrecy surrounding the album. Oh and a world tour in which she performed none of the tracks on the album except Bow Down at a few select shows. I mean who tours BEFORE an album? No one knew this album was coming out on Friday until it did - that's why people are acting as if it's random.

It's always refreshing to see someone approach it differently. That's why I loved it when Prince said fuck retail and gave his album for free in a newspaper. Or when Radiohead said fuck retail - here's our album which you can buy from our site but there's no price - pay what you want for it. I don't think she's changed the game but she's definitely put one foot out of the box. She kind of showed the power of social media and iTunes tbh. She showed that there is marketing in "no marketing" (although you could again argue against this).

This article says it all tbh. It's long but it makes a lot of great valid points. http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/12/16/beyonce-harnesses-social-media-power-release-album/2miQK7iiBCsTDZUhtCmzUM/story.html

• Upvote 1

that's your comeback for her music being legendary is 17 grammys LMAO wow...you that out of the loop huh? don't be nobody's fool ok

Aren't The Grammys the most prestigious award in music? Oh ok. The girls said the same thing about B'Day and those songs still get played. She's also on a sold out world tour performing them.

Stay mad at the success!

• Upvote 1

she said she wants to remain relevant and that's what she's doing by releasing music/videos of today...yall can call her a queen if you want. But remember queens come and go...legendary is forever. Beyoncé is and will not be legendary. Only songs she will be remembered for is Crazy In Love and Single Ladies...everything else were current hits to be relevant for the moment. And if that's what she wants...she wins

!!!!!!!!!! you said that

I am by no means a part of the beyhive (and I don't want to be lol) , but I really like this new Beyoncé album, the more I listen to it, and I get it. It's her best, for me since Dangerously In Love IMO, this is the album I've been waiting for, from her, she's singing (not screaming), it's about the music (not stupid Sasha Fierce), it seems like the fake smile, fake personality, the "try-hard" and ego are gone or were at least put aside for this project, def a step in the right direction 'Yonce. P.S. sonically, this album is a beast, and I like that she is using her lower register more

• Upvote 3