The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

Am I the only one that feels "Mine" ft Drake (the video and song) is FUCKING stunning and EPIC. That's wtf I'M HERE FOR :mellow: . FINALLY this lady is givin a brotha something more than "Beyonce" ..she studies other artist and their sound

that's her blueprint *no pun* she has yet to come up with something like that by her lonesome, i do like that song though

You cannot be serious Reyna :umm:

I'm much more serious than I'd like to be. It's cute, but there was nothing that really grabs you. Not her vocals, not the lyrics, and not even the instrumental of the song. I see what she attempted, but as usual with her ballads she dropped the ball.

ITS SOOO BROING!!! Lol thankyou! It's such a typical Bey ballad, the only 1 that wasn't for me is Blue.

#Twin! Lol. I agree, and like I said, there was nothing about it that grabbed you. Like most of her ballads. I agree, Blue is the best song on the album to me.

• Upvote 1

only thing I hate more than her music, which is truly forgettable shit...is her fans that act like she really is doing something....I'll wait a month to see her sales hit lows, and it wont take that long, shes an entertainer, like a dinner party, with bad food :filenails:

but that's just the thing...

It doesn't need to sell in a months time... It will sell 2M WW before the end of the year and the tour tickets will be sold out within minutes

job is done

#Twin! Lol. I agree, and like I said, there was nothing about it that grabbed you. Like most of her ballads. I agree, Blue is the best song on the album to me.

#TWIN! Right, I too know what she was going for but, it just needed some kinda umph whether vocally or with the music, and it wasn't there, and it didn't fit her. But yea Blue I'd say is probably her best slow song in YEARS, it starts off slow and dull like the typical Bey ballad, but then it progresses, and then gets better, alot better.

#TWIN! Right, I too know what she was going for but, it just needed some kinda umph whether vocally or with the music, and it wasn't there, and it didn't fit her. But yea Blue I'd say is probably her best slow song in YEARS, it starts off slow and dull like the typical Bey ballad, but then it progresses, and then gets better, alot better.

Right. I can't put my finger on who, but there's someone else I think that song would fit. I just can't pin the name. I agree wholeheartedly.

Only people who don't know music think it's a boring album.

We said "Mine" is a boring song, not that the album is boring. Unless you're prepared to give us a write-up from a professional, you aren't fit to say who does or doesn't know music. Also, to say it's boring is an opinion, and one that doesn't even require much musical knowledge to give at that. You can find a body of work to be boring or exciting regardless of how much you know about music.

• Upvote 1

Right. I can't put my finger on who, but there's someone else I think that song would fit. I just can't pin the name. I agree wholeheartedly.

We said "Mine" is a boring song, not that the album is boring. Unless you're prepared to give us a write-up from a professional, you aren't fit to say who does or doesn't know music. Also, to say it's boring is an opinion, and one that doesn't even require much musical knowledge to give at that. You can find a body of work to be boring or exciting regardless of how much you know about music.

For me personally I think Rihanna would've executed it better, but I know your not a fan of hers so you probably didn't mean her, but alot of the songs I wasn't feeling from this album, I could see Rih killing, but luckily alot of the songs I like from this album I wouldn'tve thought Bey would do

#schoolem. :coffee: cause neither of OUR critiques were that the album was boring, hell I said it was her best since B'day, does that make it AMAZEBALLS, or even Great, HELL THE FUCK NO, but it's not boring.....for the most part anyway. It's simply a step up from her to me.

Seriously, the way some dumb beyonce fans are saying 'bye Britney, bye Rihanna, bye Gaga, bye Katy' .... Are you serious ????? These girls have been tearing up the industry like crazy with hits after hits and incredible tours. Beyonce couldn't even get a number one from 4 and hasn't had a big hit in two years so please save it. Some of you need to get a reality check because next year, Rihanna and Katy may still be dominating and beyonce may just fall into the no hit zone because that album doesn't sound like it has any hits at all.

• Upvote 2

For me personally I think Rihanna would've executed it better, but I know your not a fan of hers so you probably didn't mean her, but alot of the songs I wasn't feeling from this album, I could see Rih killing, but luckily alot of the songs I like from this album I wouldn'tve thought Bey would do

#schoolem. :coffee:

There are a couple songs I could see Rihanna doing, but really the ones like "Drunk In Love" or "Blow" which are the songs I don't really care for. Songs like "Mine" I'd hand over to another R&B singer who could handle them properly. Who can give that sultry R&B singing without being so technical. Beyonce's a great vocalist, sure, but she's too polished. I'm still trying to get a name, but maybe...Toni. She may be one I'm thinking of. I don't know.

• Upvote 1

Oop!!! :coffee:

There are a couple songs I could see Rihanna doing, but really the ones like "Drunk In Love" or "Blow" which are the songs I don't really care for. Songs like "Mine" I'd hand over to another R&B singer who could handle them properly. Who can give that sultry R&B singing without being so technical. Beyonce's a great vocalist, sure, but she's too polished. I'm still trying to get a name, but maybe...Toni. She may be one I'm thinking of. I don't know.

AAAHHH I feel you on that, I didn't think of her but I can see it, hell even Toomuch I mean Tamar lol. OMG I don't care for Blow or Drunk In Love either (gotta say every Bey & Jay duet post 2010, has proven my old theory that every song with both of them just naturally sounds good, WRONG), Blow feels like a demo track honestly to me.

AAAHHH I feel you on that, I didn't think of her but I can see it, hell even Toomuch I mean Tamar lol. OMG I don't care for Blow or Drunk In Love either (gotta say every Bey & Jay duet post 2010, has proven my old theory that every song with both of them just naturally sounds good, WRONG), Blow feels like a demo track honestly to me.

Lol, yeah maybe her, too. "Drunk In Love" just left me like " :huh:" then put me to sleep and I agree about "Blow". It does sound like a demo.

Seriously, the way some dumb beyonce fans are saying 'bye Britney, bye Rihanna, bye Gaga, bye Katy' .... Are you serious ????? These girls have been tearing up the industry like crazy with hits after hits and incredible tours. Beyonce couldn't even get a number one from 4 and hasn't had a big hit in two years so please save it. Some of you need to get a reality check because next year, Rihanna and Katy may still be dominating and beyonce may just fall into the no hit zone because that album doesn't sound like it has any hits at all.

lmao. Everything isn't about a $1.29 single. All of those hits and these girls are still struggling to go gold and platinum. A single is meant to sell your album, what's the point if it doesn't?

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Beyoncé scanned platinum plus with no top ten hits at all. Britney had the biggest radio success of her career during Femme Fatale era and still managed to scan only 700k.

And all of those girls had months worths of campaigning and promo with multiple hits and yet could only do under 300k in a weeks time.

All B Did was say "Surprise" and her album has sold more than half of what those releases sold in 3 Days w/ No single and only ONE retailer. So yes, it makes those other girls look pathetic.

Yall stay trying to make Beyoncé out to be a flop when she stays on par or outperforms your faves where it counts.

• Upvote 2

lmao. Everything isn't about a $1.29 single. All of those hits and these girls are still struggling to go gold and platinum. A single is meant to sell your album, what's the point if it doesn't?

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Beyoncé scanned platinum plus with no top ten hits at all. Britney had the biggest radio success of her career during Femme Fatale era and still managed to scan only 700k.

And all of those girls had months worths of campaigning and promo with multiple hits and yet could only do under 300k in a weeks time.

All B Did was say "Surprise" and her album has sold more than half of what those releases sold in 3 Days w/ No single and only ONE retailer. So yes, it makes those other girls look pathetic.

Yall stay trying to make Beyoncé out to be a flop when she stays on par or outperforms your faves where it counts.

But yet those girls have still sold and have done huge world tours that have sold out. Beyonce is still a huge in-demand artist, but seriously, she hasn't had a hit in nearly 3-4 years. Beyonce doesn't really need hits though.

But yet those girls have still sold and have done huge world tours that have sold out. Beyonce is still a huge in-demand artist, but seriously, she hasn't had a hit in nearly 3-4 years. Beyonce doesn't really need hits though.

Depends on what you define as a Hit. Beyoncé had the best selling R&B single and album of 2012. "Love On Top" spent 7 Consecutive weeks @ #1 on the R&B charts and is one of the longest running singles on that chart. She Won a Grammy for it.

Not to mention 3 of the singles are certified Platinum from "4" and one Gold. A hit is not just a position on the hot 100. Honestly haven't heard any of those girls "hits" after they peaked. I still hear songs from "4" though on the radio everyday. Plenty artists have hits w/ no impact.

She headlined an entire world tour and the Super Bowl after a supposed "flop" album. That's impact. That's power.

Depends on what you define as a Hit. Beyoncé had the best selling R&B single and album of 2012. "Love On Top" spent 7 Consecutive weeks @ #1 on the R&B charts and is one of the longest running singles on that chart. She Won a Grammy for it.

Not to mention 3 of the singles are certified Platinum from "4" and one Gold. A hit is not just a position on the hot 100. Honestly haven't heard any of those girls "hits" after they peaked. I still hear songs from "4" though on the radio everyday. Plenty artists have hits w/ no impact.

She headlined an entire world tour and the Super Bowl after a supposed "flop" album. That's impact. That's power.

I'll have to say I agree