The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

The 2013 Superbowl happened TWO years after "4".. That's like saying Janet's 2004 Superbowl performance was AFY promo :lmao:

4 died in 2012..

This would be a valid argument if the AFYT hadn't ended in 2002. It would also be valid if Janet didn't perform a song from the preceding album at Halftime. It would also be valid if Janet performed songs from DJ at Halftime. But since none of that happened, your argument is invalid. :)

Also, let's not edit to prove a point. "and the corroborating tour that followed, hence why she performed songs from "4" at the Superbowl."  Superbowl was promo for "4" and the tour. The tour announcement came following Halftime and the three shows she did in May. http://m.billboard.com/articles/news/1537597/beyonces-world-tour-the-mrs-carter-show#!/entry/view/id/55412

Reading is fundamental, as well as the comprehension component.

Yall are a mess.. :asham:

Apparently, this has been going on since October on how they were going to release this album. At the end of the day, Columbia didn't want her shit to leak like 4, so they pulled this number.

Anyone below Beyonce's stature wouldn't have been able to pull this off..a complete album and videos to go with the album..If you wanted to hear her new music you would have to buy it. Plain and simple.

This was planned out and it worked in Beyonce's and her teams favor. Not to mention it's the holiday season which is gonna help bolster sales.

Great marketing..I wonder how it's gonna pan out after all the hype is over.

What's so great about her marketing sexy ass? I think she did her fans a discredit to make them have to buy her cd to hear it and then it sucks the videos suck. but the stans will never admit that. i watched my daughter trying her best to try and like it and she couldn't :lmao: :lmao:

if anything with bee its all about breaking records, and money and i dont know why she dont need either :coffee:

and why does she try to act so hood? >_< bitch aint hood she from the fucking suburbs does being married to j who i luv bu the way :wub: give her a hood pass? :lmao:

what i got from this was if they wanna keep a secret, they can. Janhova proved that! :lmao: most info we know they leak it themselves

Back up and lay off the stan crack..

I was trying to explain to you that everything she did starting with the SB to the tour was promotion for the album.. I gave the chick credit for what she did as far as the release of the album...

And all her fans on Twitter and every other blog are acting like she just pulled this shit out of her ass knowing damn well they know it was coming..

And this is more proof that hype sells records more than the music itself.. The real test is a couple months from now..

it wont even take that long u see target dont even weant to sell it cuss they know its dead already :lmao:

I think in regards to her doing no promo is the fact that she didn't release a single, do talk show rounds to promote the single, album, etc. At least Kanye gave us a release date and an SNL performance for his album. Beyonce did ZERO promo for her new album. She didn't promote a single, perform it, or anything. That's why we say she dropped this album with no promo. The Superbowl, docu, etc would count as promo IF she performed something from the new album or even hinted at a new album but she didn't so...

I see where both sides are coming from but I think what Game,TOF and them are saying is since the SB Beyonce has been "back" ..her PRESENCE has been here throughout the year...She's been promoting the Beyonce "brand" ..like letting hoes know,I'm still here making noise from the... SB,The tour, Pepsi and H&M commercials (and the songs she made that accompanied those ventures). Not to mention we knew that she had been working on music cause Neyo and The Dream both had spoke about workin w/ her and bragging on her new upcoming project. One would think it was ON THE WAY juss based off that. There's juss a few degrees of separation to this back and forth argument that everyone is having.

For example.. if Janet were to juss drop an album at midnight..that's TRULY no promo cause we ain't seen the bitch, heard from the bitch..we cant even remember what color she is. She hasn't been promoting herself,her brand or no album. THAT'S what one side is arguing that Beyonce stans act like Beyonce ain't been out Promoting the Beyonce brand..she wasn't in hideaway like Janet has been and juss released some shit. Beyonce has been talked about and seen all year. That's their point. To some degree, I would imagine that's indirectly a degree of promoting.

• Upvote 4

Beyonce did ZERO promo for her new album. She didn't promote a single, perform it, or anything. That's why we say she dropped this album with no promo. The Superbowl, docu, etc would count as promo IF she performed something from the new album or even hinted at a new album but she didn't so...

All subsequent arguments should have ended here.

• Upvote 1

The 2013 Superbowl happened TWO years after "4".. That's like saying Janet's 2004 Superbowl performance was AFY promo :lmao:

4 died in 2012..

Using that excuse though you would have to say anyone touring anywhere near the release of an album is using that tour as "promo". Rihanna releases an album every year near about so you would have to say she NEVER stops promoting her next project.

Most of these she had never performed before I just saw a clip of her first performance of XO in Chicago the other night. Yeah Grown Woman has been around for awhile and part of Bow Down but most of it was weaved, pun intended, into fresher arrangements to help make the "surprise work". When you consider the massive amounts cost to specifically promote something like Artpop for example. And the actual sales numbers that dont even pay for all that promo it just makes what Bey's team look even better. Use twitter and hype to give you 30 million worth of promo rather than the gaga route of paying cash and people having to get laid off potentially at the record company for wasting so much money

It was strategic...

The SB was a setup for The tour (let me get ppl excited to see me for my tour)...

The Tour was a setup for the album (now that I have everyones attention, let me release my album at the HEIGHT of my tour)

Boom!!Sales pouring in. She didn't need to promote the album because her goal was for it to sell itself based off her name which is why she did the SB and the tour to begin with. Her making it a visual album only added more of an incentive for the album to sky rocket out of here. She knew how to use her brand to achieve what she wanted to accomplish.

• Upvote 1

CHART DATE: 12/16/2013

LAST UPDATE: 12/17/2013 12:04:33

NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change

-- 1 BEYONCE COLUMBIA 618,550 -- BEYONCE

1 2 GARTH BROOKS PEARL 158,196 +12% BLAME IT ALL ON MY ROOTS

4 3 KELLY CLARKSON RCA 136,967 +26% WRAPPED IN RED

-- 4 R. KELLY RCA 130,221 -- BLACK PANTIES

2 5 ONE DIRECTION SYCO/COLUMBIA 120,783 +10% MIDNIGHT MEMORIES

3 6 THE ROBERTSONS EMI NASHVILLE 108,656 -1% DUCK THE HALLS: ROBERTSON FAMILY

-- 7 CHILDISH GAMBINO GLASSNOTE 93,580 -- BECAUSE THE INTERNET

6 8 EMINEM SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT 82,776 +2% MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2

11 9 KATY PERRY CAPITOL 62,957 +31% PRISM

10 10 FROZEN WALT DISNEY 57,480 +15% SOUNDTRACK

9 11 MARY J. BLIGE VERVE 50,271 -2% A MARY CHRISTMAS

15 12 LUKE BRYAN CAPITOL NASHVILLE 48,221 +29% CRASH MY PARTY

14 13 FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE REPUBLIC NASHVILLE 47,546 +22% HERE'S TO THE GOOD TIMES

12 14 NOW 48 UME 47,415 +14% VARIOUS ARTISTS

8 15 MICHAEL BUBLE REPRISE 47,314 -16% CHRISTMAS

18 16 LORDE REPUBLIC 44,006 +24% PURE HEROINE

19 17 SUSAN BOYLE SYCO/COLUMBIA 42,305 +27% HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

17 18 LADY GAGA INTERSCOPE 36,327 +1% ARTPOP

22 19 IMAGINE DRAGONS KIDINAKORNER/INTERSCOPE 33,470 +25% NIGHT VISIONS

21 20 MILEY CYRUS RCA 32,789 +18% BANGERZ

5 21 BRITNEY SPEARS RCA 30,925 -71% BRITNEY JEAN

20 22 THE PIANO GUYS PORTRAIT 29,959 -8% FAMILY CHRISTMAS

23 23 DRAKE YM/CM/REPUBLIC 29,590 +13% NOTHING WAS THE SAME

16 24 THE SOUND OF MUSIC SONY MASTERWORKS 27,967 -25% SOUNDTRACK

-- 25 ZAC BROWN BAND SOUTHERN GROUND 25,915 -- THE GROHL SESSIONS, VOL. 1 - EP

7 26 PENTATONIX MADISON GATE 24,651 -60% PTXMAS

25 27 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE RCA 24,343 +13% THE 20/20 EXPERIENCE: 2 OF 2

-- 28 NEIL YOUNG REPRISE 23,342 -- LIVE AT THE CELLAR DOOR

28 29 CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS FANTASY 22,512 +13% SOUNDTRACK

37 30 BLAKE SHELTON WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 21,741 +40% BASED ON A TRUE STORY

27 31 MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER AMERICAN GRAMAPHONE 20,462 -2% CHRISTMAS SYMPHONY II

-- 32 MUSIC OF NASHVILLE, SEASON 2, V1 BIG MACHINE 17,932 -- VARIOUS ARTISTS

26 33 JOSH GROBAN REPRISE 17,806 -15% NOEL

32 34 BLAKE SHELTON WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 17,453 +5% CHEERS, IT'S CHRISTMAS

39 35 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 16,966 +18% RED

35 36 CELINE DION COLUMBIA 15,940 +1% LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE

29 37 HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE REPUBLIC 15,540 -13% SOUNDTRACK/VARIOUS ARTISTS

44 38 IL VOLO GEFFEN 15,319 +21% BUON NATALE: THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM

-- 39 PARMALEE BROKEN BOW 15,290 -- FEELS LIKE CAROLINA

40 40 DANIELLE BRADBERY BIG MACHINE 15,251 +8% DANIELLE BRADBERY

-- 41 ELVIS PRESLEY RCA 15,221 -- IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME

30 42 NOW CHRISTMAS 2013 UME 15,034 -14% VARIOUS ARTISTS

38 43 LADY ANTEBELLUM CAPITOL NASHVILLE 15,032 -3% ON THIS WINTER'S NIGHT

36 44 ONEREPUBLIC INTERSCOPE 14,983 -4% NATIVE

-- 45 TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA ATLANTIC 14,762 -- LOST CHRISTMAS EVE

47 46 LADY ANTEBELLUM CAPITOL NASHVILLE 14,663 +21% GOLDEN

-- 47 HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG WATERTOWER 14,637 -- SOUNDTRACK (HOWARD SHORE)

-- 48 JOHNNY MATHIS COLUMBIA 14,119 -- SENDING YOU A LITTLE CHRISTMAS

46 49 MARIAH CAREY COLUMBIA 13,996 +14% MERRY CHRISTMAS

13 50 JAKE OWEN RCA NASHVILLE 13,743 -66% DAYS OF GOLD

ed2305b7.png

Using that excuse though you would have to say anyone touring anywhere near the release of an album is using that tour as "promo". Rihanna releases an album every year near about so you would have to say she NEVER stops promoting her next project.

An album starts and ends an era... a tour could happen any time depending on the artist... If Prince wanted to tour.. He would be doing it off his name.. Beyonce is at that place in her career where she doesn't need an album to tour..

Rihanna's eras begin and end when a new album comes out... not depending on a tour

It was strategic...

The SB was a setup for The tour (let me get ppl excited to see me for my tour)...

The Tour was a setup for the album (now that I have everyones attention, let me release my album at the HEIGHT of my tour)

Boom!!Sales pouring in. She didn't need to promote the album because her goal was for it to sell itself based off her name which is why she did the SB and the tour to begin with. Her making it a visual album only added more of an incentive for the album to sky rocket out of here. She knew how to use her brand to achieve what she wanted to accomplish.

Correct.. so instead of using your music to sell music.. She used her name... Well good for her

What's so great about her marketing sexy ass? I think she did her fans a discredit to make them have to buy her cd to hear it and then it sucks the videos suck. but the stans will never admit that. i watched my daughter trying her best to try and like it and she couldn't :lmao: :lmao:

if anything with bee its all about breaking records, and money and i dont know why she dont need either :coffee:

and why does she try to act so hood? >_< bitch aint hood she from the fucking suburbs does being married to j who i luv bu the way :wub: give her a hood pass? :lmao:

what i got from this was if they wanna keep a secret, they can. Janhova proved that! :lmao: most info we know they leak it themselves

Oh wow..and your daughter loves Bey. >_<

I'm just giving credit where it's due. AT the end of the day, Columbia wanted to make sure that another leak wouldn't happen. And it was shocking that BEYONCE released a fucking album with corresponding videos(ed2305b7.png) in the middle of the night. Of course people would be interested to hear new music because it was pretty much a given at this point that new album was coming. It was smart.

• Upvote 1

An album starts and ends an era... a tour could happen any time depending on the artist... If Prince wanted to tour.. He would be doing it off his name.. Beyonce is at that place in her career where she doesn't need an album to tour..

Rihanna's eras begin and end when a new album comes out... not depending on a tour

Exactly. You said 4 ended in 2012. Yet she was touring off her name she didnt perform these new songs. Sure she dropped a few for the endorsement deals Pepsi, H&M etc but that hardly counts as true specific album promo. That is just maintaining her extremely lucrative endorsement projects. All the other hoes would strangle 3 old women to get some of those endorsement checks.

Ashanti, wish someone would cut her a check for her sideburns

I see where both sides are coming from but I think what Game,TOF and them are saying is since the SB Beyonce has been "back" ..her PRESENCE has been here throughout the year...She's been promoting the Beyonce "brand" ..like letting hoes know,I'm still here making noise from the... SB,The tour, Pepsi and H&M commercials (and the songs she made that accompanied those ventures). Not to mention we knew that she had been working on music cause Neyo and The Dream both had spoke about workin w/ her and bragging on her new upcoming project. One would think it was ON THE WAY juss based off that. There's juss a few degrees of separation to this back and forth argument that everyone is having.

For example.. if Janet were to juss drop an album at midnight..that's TRULY no promo cause we ain't seen the bitch, heard from the bitch..we cant even remember what color she is. She hasn't been promoting herself,her brand or no album. THAT'S what one side is arguing that Beyonce stans act like Beyonce ain't been out Promoting the Beyonce brand..she wasn't in hideaway like Janet has been and juss released some shit. Beyonce has been talked about and seen all year. That's their point. To some degree, I would imagine that's indirectly a degree of promoting.

And there you have it.... of course, some still won't get it, or pretend not to. :coffee:

BTW.....

For example.. if Janet were to juss drop an album at midnight..that's TRULY no promo cause we ain't seen the bitch, heard from the bitch..we cant even remember what color she is.

I HATE you for this! :rolleyes::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

5 21 BRITNEY SPEARS RCA 30,925 -71% BRITNEY JEAN

-_-

• Upvote 1

Exactly. You said 4 ended in 2012. Yet she was touring off her name she didnt perform these new songs. Sure she dropped a few for the endorsement deals Pepsi, H&M etc but that hardly counts as true specific album promo. That is just maintaining her extremely lucrative endorsement projects. All the other hoes would strangle 3 old women to get some of those endorsement checks.

Ashanti, wish someone would cut her a check for her sideburns

Oh so she didn't perform her flopped singles on tour.... ever?

Ashanti hasn't been a factor for 10 years

Oh wow..and your daughter loves Bey. >_<

I'm just giving credit where it's due. AT the end of the day, Columbia wanted to make sure that another leak wouldn't happen. And it was shocking that BEYONCE released a fucking album with corresponding videos(ed2305b7.png) in the middle of the night. Of course people would be interested to hear new music because it was pretty much a given at this point that new album was coming. It was smart.

it was brilliant. Ive heard that from people who HATE HATE Beyoncé. Luckily she is at a point in her career where she doesn't need to promote her album...her and Matthew made sure of that back in the day where she over.promoted and shoved herself down peoples throat. Beyoncé was a cut throat promoting bitch back in the day, now-a-days she don't have to do shit and her album WILL sell and Im sure the holiday season helped. Folks can discredit her music and her music videos, but Im not here for people saying that she didn't pull a bad bitch move. She most certainly damn did.
  • Upvote 2

If Justin would have done it ,it would have been even bigger even W/o any type promo whatsoever

Maybe with Part 2.. not part 1

but clearly he actually worked his ass off to give this world 20/20.. and earned his title as President of Pop as well as biggest first week sales this year and biggest selling album of 2013

it was brilliant. Ive heard that from people who HATE HATE Beyoncé. Luckily she is at a point in her career where she doesn't need to promote her album...her and Matthew made sure of that back in the day where she over.promoted and shoved herself down peoples throat. Beyoncé was a cut throat promoting bitch back in the day, now-a-days she don't have to do shit and her album WILL sell and Im sure the holiday season helped. Folks can discredit her music and her music videos, but Im not here for people saying that she pull a bad bitch move. She most certainly damn did.

If she would have done it the traditional way, it wouldn't have garnered this much press. But dropping a full album with videos out of the blue was the selling point. No ifs, ands, buts about it.

• Upvote 1

If she would have done it the traditional way, it wouldn't have garnered this much press. But dropping a full album with videos out of the blue was the selling point. No ifs, ands, buts about it.

I even think it would have sold as well to be honest. She probably would have pulled in 300,000 or a little more. Like I said before, bitch is The Stunt Queen of 2013. And her music may not be legendary, but her stunts will be. You can quote me on that. :coffee:

• Upvote 1