The Official Billboard Music Award thread

art

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which explains alot about this generation.

I dont get it, I was just watching a commercial for the movie "Fright Night" Im like hold up I remember that, its a remake, they are remaking EVERYTHING. Maybe its nostalgia you remember better times and wanna go back but folks are not creating new. I have heard it said once nothing is truly original, that everything comes from inspiration before though :unsure:

This thread is turning into ridiculous

Austin, why are u even bothering with this nonsense

its beyond stupid

Because I'm on hold with fucking Delta ( :rolleyes: ) and I'm trying to pass the time.

Which explains alot about this generation.

All the more reason why criticizing any artist for "copying" is just stupid.

I dont get it, I was just watching a commercial for the movie "Fright Night" Im like hold up I remember that, its a remake, they are remaking EVERYTHING. Maybe its nostalgia you remember better times and wanna go back but folks are not creating new. I have heard it said once nothing is truly original, that everything comes from inspiration before though :unsure:

There's inspiration..and then there is str8 up unoriginality.

Again, no one in this day and age can be original. Only stupid people think originality can still be achieved when you have artist in the past who have all done it before. Right now, it's all about regurgitating your influences. Hence the "Single Ladies" video, Rihanna's "Distrubia" video, or Britney's 2004 tour.

I really doubt Beyonce sat with those engineers and said "Oooh let's steal this and don't change anything". Some of ya'll are so critical of Beyonce is hilarious. Scrutiny doesn't take a day off. :lmao: But I'm not denying there are similarities because they're obviously are, but again those animations take a while to make when on a screen. So you can't expect a whole new set up for each artist esp. when there aren't that many companies doing it. Not to mention how much it probably costs.

Originality doesn't truly exist....period. Every idea is inspired by something that came before it, which itself was inspired by something that came before it. Having said that, we usually consider something "original" when a person takes something that's been done before and present it in a totally different and creative way, or applies something so unique to it...that it's becomes "original" and sets a new standard...if that makes sense.

The same can be applied to this situation. Using the technology isn't/wasn't original. Doing something completely different with it would have been.

Instead, Bey, her team, etc...went with the same concept, some of the same graphics, and performing with the technology in the SAME manner as this other performance...hence, the criticism.

Having said that, it STILL doesn't take away from this performance proving she is THE (or at least) one of the premiere entertainers of her generation.

Well damn! :lmao:

Beyonce stays pressing right click, COPY and PASTE :lmao:

-_-

There's inspiration..and then there is str8 up unoriginality.

:yep:

Which perfectly sums up what I was trying to say in my long ass paragraph/essay below. lol

Originality doesn't truly exist....period. Every idea is inspired by something that came before it, which itself was inspired by something that came before it. Having said that, we usually consider something "original" when a person takes something that's been done before and present it in a totally different and creative way, or applies something so unique to it...that it's becomes "original" and sets a new standard...if that makes sense.

The same can be applied to this situation. Using the technology isn't/wasn't original. Doing something completely different with it would have been.

Instead, Bey, her team, etc...went with the same concept, some of the same graphics, and performing with the technology in the SAME manner as this other performance...hence, the criticism.

Having said that, it STILL doesn't take away from this performance proving she is THE (or at least) one of the premiere entertainers of her generation.

Wait! Now that I actually give the video my undivided attention, ya'll really think they're exactly the same!?!? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I just can't with you people. The Asian girl did it. Then the Italian girl did it in the same way but gets no flack for it!?!? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyone with common sense can see that there are more differences between the juxtaposed performances than there are similarities. GTFOH! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wait! Now that I actually give the video my undivided attention, ya'll really think they're exactly the same!?!? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I just can't with you people. The Asian girl did it. Then the Italian girl did it in the same way but gets no flack for it!?!? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyone with common sense can see that there are more differences between the juxtaposed performances than there are similarities. GTFOH! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Okay, Austineisha....you're in overdrive stan mode now...lol

And you're in overdrive hater mode. :lmao:

No, I'm not.

You're in such a panic thinking that I'm "dissing bey" that you're assuming that I'm hating.

I even said (along with my criticism) that she is the premiere (or one of them) entertainers of her generation.

That doesn't take away from the fact that she basically repeated this other performance.

For the 5th or 6th time, the criticism is NOT in her using the technology. The criticism is in the fact that she used the same concept, some of the same graphics, and performed with the technology in the SAME manner as this other performance.

I don't get it. Beyoncé saw something she liked and used it. She didn't say she created it.

Austin is so right about the double standard. Why didn't people tear P!nk to shreds over the obvious Cirque du Soleil influences on her Grammy performance or her tours? It's exactly the same thing.

TE, coz these ppl are mentally ill

Janet uses holograms!

So why isnt she a copycat

this is juts so stupid

No, I'm not.

You're in such a panic thinking that I'm "dissing bey" that you're assuming that I'm hating.

I even said (along with my criticism) that she is the premiere (or one of them) entertainers of her generation.

That doesn't take away from the fact that she basically repeated this other performance.

For the 5th or 6th time, the criticism is NOT in her using the technology. The criticism is in the fact that she used the same concept, some of the same graphics, and performed with the technology in the SAME manner as this other performance.

Right. She used SOME of the same graphics. Ya'll in here acting like she Xeroxed the whole damn thing. :lmao: There are some obvious differences, the most obvious being that Beyonce used multi-color while the Italian girl used did not. Again, there are more differences than there are similarities.

I don't get it. Beyoncé saw something she liked and used it. She didn't say she created it.

Austin is so right about the double standard. Why didn't people tear P!nk to shreds over the obvious Cirque du Soleil influences on her Grammy performance or her tours? It's exactly the same thing.

Thank you!

If this was Rihanna or someone no one would care. I like how nobody is accusing Rihanna of recreating Britney and Xtina's VMA performance with Madonna. But since it's Beyonce, it's all over the blogs. Hell if Beyonce sold her album on Amazon for .99 cents like Gaga she'd get torn apart. But since it's Gaga she gets a pass. It's such a double standard when it comes to Beyonce and it's hilarious. :lmao:

Archived