The Official Billboard Music Award thread

art

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to the kids on Beysus World, http://twitter.com/TribeIncDesign Those ppl did both performances. So I'm not surprised that there'd be similarities. They probably did Janet's Essence performance too.

You're not grasping what I'm saying. lol

Janet, Madge, and BEP used the same technology (and it probably was designed by the same company) but they each did something different with it (Well I don't know what BEP did with it, so I'm not sure about that one)

Bey outright "borrowed" everything from this other performance...down to some of the same graphics. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wish they would have changed it up more so that it wasn't so incredibly similar to what they did previously with some other artist. It makes it seem as though Beyonce is swiping someone else's concept, when, apparently, what's actually happening is that the digital artists are simply reusing a previous concept with a slight twist.

What winds up happening--given Beyonce's history with the "Single Ladies" video and her various scandals with songwriters who weren't properly credited--is that it makes Beyonce look like she swipes other people's ideas and then pretends that they're hers. That might not be at ALL what's happening, but that's what it looks like.

Well, at least Beyonce was the first to show it to American audiences.

:yep:

The winners for the 2011 Billboard Music Awards are:

ARTIST AWARDS

Top Artist:

Eminem

Top New Artist:

Justin Bieber

Top Male Artist:

Eminem

Top Female Artist:

Rihanna

Top Duo/Group:

The Black Eyed Peas

Top Billboard 200 Artist:

Taylor Swift

Top Hot 100 Artist:

Katy Perry

Top Digital Songs Artist:

Katy Perry

Top Radio Songs Artist:

Rihanna

Top Touring Artist:

U2

Top Social Artist:

Justin Bieber

Top Streaming Artist:

Justin Bieber

Top Digital Media Artist:

Justin Bieber

Top Pop Artist:

Lady Gaga

Top R&B Artist:

Usher

Top Rap Artist:

Eminem

Top Country Artist:

Taylor Swift

Top Rock Artist:

Train

Top Alternative Artist:

Mumford & Sons

Top Latin Artist:

Shakira

Top Dance/Electronic Artist:

Lady Gaga

Top Christian Artist:

Chris Tomlin

ALBUMS AWARDS:

Top Billboard 200 Album:

Eminem — “Recovery”

Top Pop Album:

Justin Bieber — “My World 2.0”

Katy Perry — “Teenage Dream”

Top R&B Album:

Usher — “Raymond v. Raymond”

Top Rap Album:

Eminem — “Revovery”

Top Country Album:

Taylor Swift — “Speak Now”

Top Rock Album:

Mumford & Sons — “Sigh No More”

Top Alternative Album:

Mumford & Sons — “Sigh No More”

Top Latin Album:

Enrique Iglesias — “Euphoria”

Top Dance/Electronic Album:

Lady Gaga — “The Fame”

Top Christian Album:

Skillet — “Awake”

SONG AWARDS:

Top Hot 100 Song:

Taio Cruz — “Dynamite”

Top Digital Song:

Taio Cruz — “Dynamite”

Top Radio Song:

Bruno Mars — “Just The Way You Are”

Top Streaming Song (Audio):

Nelly — “Just A Dream”

Top Streaming Song (Video):

Justin Bieber Feat. Ludacris — “Baby”

Top Pop Song:

Taio Cruz — “Dynamite”

Top R&B Song:

Usher Feat. will.i.am — “OMG”

Top Rap Song:

Eminem Feat. Rihanna — “Love The Way You Lie”

Top Country Song:

Lady Antebellum — “Need You Now”

Top Rock Song:

Train — “Hey, Soul Sister”

Top Alternative Song:

Neon Trees — “Animal”

Top Latin Song:

Shakira Feat. Freshleyground — “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)”

Top Dance Song:

Edward Maya &Vika Jigulina — “Stereo Love”

Top Christian Song:

Chris Tomlin — “Our God”

KII @ Janet winning half of those major awards in one night. miz3wp.jpg

I wish they would have changed it up more so that it wasn't so incredibly similar to what they did previously with some other artist. It makes it seem as though Beyonce is swiping someone else's concept, when, apparently, what's actually happening is that the digital artists are simply reusing a previous concept with a slight twist.

What winds up happening--given Beyonce's history with the "Single Ladies" video and her various scandals with songwriters who weren't properly credited--is that it makes Beyonce look like she swipes other people's ideas and then pretends that they're hers. That might not be at ALL what's happening, but that's what it looks like.

Well, at least Beyonce was the first to show this screen technology to American audiences. That's gotta count for something.

Which is all the more reason why stupid people should educate themselves before they decide to speak. In the long run, it just makes ppl look just that, uneducated.

But in any event, the problem with Musion Eyeliner is that the animations typically take a while to make. So it doesn't surprise me that the engineers would just recycle their previous works with some tweaking here and there.

You're not grasping what I'm saying. lol

Janet, Madge, and BEP used the same technology (and it probably was designed by the same company) but they each did something different with it (Well I don't know what BEP did with it, so I'm not sure about that one)

Bey outright "borrowed" everything from this other performance...down to some of the same graphics. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

*see above post*

Which is all the more reason why stupid people should educate themselves before they decide to speak. In the long run, it just makes ppl look just that, uneducated.

But in any event, the problem with Musion Eyeliner is that the animations typically take a while to make. So it doesn't surprise me that the engineers would just recycle their previous works with some tweaking here and there.

Gosh, Duke. I wish you wouldn't call people stupid just because they might have a negative impression of Beyonce. It's really off putting and makes congenial dialogue almost impossible.

That is no excuse for not doing something totally different with the technology IE Janet, Madge, and possibly BEP.

The criticism isn't in using the technology it's in recycling the same concept and graphics from this other performance. The "originality" would be in how they could do something completely different with the technology.

That doesn't take away from the Bey's performance being good.

Gosh, Duke. I wish you wouldn't call people stupid just because they might have a negative impression of Beyonce. It's really off putting and makes normal, regular, congenial dialogue almost impossible.

Well, I'm just calling a spade a spade. :lmao: Jumping to conclusions = stupid. Judge Judy would agree. :thumbup: I mean it's important to educate yourself before you formulate an opinion about a certain topic. In the long run, it really prevents you from looking stupid. When Art posted that first video a few pages back, I thought Beyonce copied, but then I said "Let me look this up and learn a little about it before I render a verdict". Lo and behold, I learned Musion Eyeliner is a relatively new technology, the animations typically take a while to make, there aren't many engineers using this technology (hence some animations appearing to be recycled), and not many artists have used it. :sigh: if only everyone were more like me. 105.gif

That is no excuse for not doing something totally different with the technology IE Janet, Madge, and possibly BEP.

The criticism isn't in using the technology it's in recycling the same concept and graphics this other performance. The "originality" would be in how they could do something completely different with the technology.

That doesn't take away from the Bey's performance being good.

Not quite. BEP pretty much Xeroxed Madonna's 2006 Grammy performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4uCUsAJMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlKqu322eJc

Same technology. Same concept. Same use of the technology.

Wonder why BEP didn't get accused of copying.

Oh well.

But yes Beysus gave the performance of the night per Billboard. B)

And I just looked at my Twitter. Not surprised to see you doing the most. :sigh:

Stars React to Beyoncé’s Billboard Music Awards Performance

Missy Elliott: BEYONCE go awwf! Wow!!! All i can say! BEYONCE a True Entertainer!! U Deserve the Sucess! Such a Hard Worker!

Rihanna: Congrats to Beyonce on a #MAJAH award and tribute #1LOVE #diditonem #brrrap #fancy #fashion #Rah #STAN #stadiumstatus #Werk #RihannaNavy

Rev Run: These effects are nuts! #Beyonce

Jermaine Dupri: Beyonce hitting that stanky leg on y’all lol

La La Vazquez: B.E.Y.O.N.C.E———–> UNREAL! UNBELIEVABLE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

Karina Pasian: Okaaaayyyyyy SOOOO I hope everyone knows that NO ONE CAN COME ON AFTER THAT PERFORMANCE BEYONCE I FRICKIN LOVE YOU

Estelle: #allyeseverything. bey @ #bbma

LeToya Luckett: No,thank u…. Lve U. Happy tears…

Solange: I can’t feel my face I’m smiling so hard!!!!

Keri Hilson: THAT SHIT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING…BEYONCE…INCREDIBLE!!

Monica: Beyonce always has known how to bring the house down…what she does takes diligence, dedication & straight up hard work. She be Killing it

Tiffany Evans: Im so happy for Beyonce!!that performance was justttt ughhh!!!Dope way to come back.

Trey Songz: Congrats to B! She the illest

Diplo: Whoa beyonce on bıllboard awards jus made me spıt my burıto out & had to get a defıbrılator

Rye Rye: Can’t lie Beyonce killing her performance of Run the World lol yessssss Bey!

Jazmine Sullivan: just incase u ain’t know! ima #beyoncefan. the b killed. taught her all the dance steps myself:) ….jk

J. Cole: Beyonce.. G.O.A.T. woww

Sean Garrett: Congrats B well deserved!!

Ledisi: Yes Ms. Beyonce is incredible!Love her always.

Omarion: #Beyonce is the Truth!! Hands down!! Wow!! Real performer!! I’m speechless!! Serious..I’ve never witness such greatness! So humble,so thankful..wow!

Taraji P. Henson: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRKKKKKKK!!!! #Beyonce

Pink: Beyonce just KILLED it at the Billboard awards. So original, so rad. Me and @hartluck loved it.

Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins: Watching Billboard Awards and after that performance by Beyonce, I don’t think anyone else should perform tonight! She is just that good.

Polow Da Don: BEYONCE IS WHAT ITS LIKE TO GET IT RIGHT!!!!! #SOINSPIRING. I LOVE MF’s THAT LIVE IT….

Brandy: All I can say is WOW about a mind blowing performance on the Billboard Awards!! I’ll leave it at that!!!!!

Angela Simmons: Man I just seen beyonce’s billboard performance. She’s amazing WOW!!!

Melanie Fiona: I need EVERYONE to recognize that #Beyonce had one of the sickest performances last night in the HISTORY of live tv. #bestinthegame xo

Binkie of Electrik Red: The rapture did happen and we all just watched the second coming of CHRIST! JESUS is in fact a woman and his alias is BEYONCE’ #repent

Not quite. BEP pretty much Xeroxed Madonna's 2006 Grammy performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4uCUsAJMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlKqu322eJc

Same technology. Same concept. Same use of the technology.

Wonder why BEP didn't get accused of copying.

Oh well.

But yes Beysus gave the performance of the night per Billboard. B)

I ALREADY said I didn't know what BEP did with the technology, as I hadn't seen the performance (and I don't care to watch it now, lol). Hence, me saying "and possibly BEP" after I mentioned Janet and Madge.

As SOB said, Bey has been criticized many times for being less than original before, so that is the main reason she would be more criticized as oppose to BEP.

Nothing truly excuses Bey basically recreating this other performance, down to some of the same graphics. Others have done it (use the technology in different ways)...that's where the "originality" would come in.

Again, the criticism is NOT in using the technology it's in outright "borrowing" the EXACT same concept, some of the graphics, and the way in which it was performed. That's the criticism.

I'm just thinking about it: Had Janet performed "Feedback" like this, it would have been dope. There's one sequence in Beyonce's performance in which she has the globe in her hand and bounces it around just like Janet did in the last minute of the "Feedback" video.

It would have been awesome to see that replicated live.

Anyway, in this generation, not a single woman has even come close to that performance. Not Britney Spears, not Pink, not Lady Gaga, not Chris Brown, not Rihanna, not Ne-Yo, not Ciara, not Kelly Rowland (whom I adore), not Christina Aguilera, not Keri Hilson. Loath as some of us may be to admit it, Beyonce stands head and shoulders above all the performers of her generaiton.

Get it, boo

CherylLaugh-vi275.gif

Even you don't believe that.

This psychopath....

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

WHO RUN THE WORLD!

I ALREADY said I didn't know what BEP did with the technology, as I hadn't seen the performance (and I don't care to watch it now, lol). Hence, me saying "and possibly BEP" after I mentioned Janet and Madge.

As SOB said, Bey has been criticized many times for being less than original before, so that is the main reason she would be more criticized as oppose to BEP.

Nothing truly excuses Bey basically recreating this other performance, down to some of the same graphics. Others have done it (use the technology in different ways)...that's where the "originality" would come in.

Again, the criticism is NOT in using the technology it's in outright "borrowing" the EXACT same concept, some of the graphics, and the way in which it was performed. That's the criticism.

Again, no one in this day and age can be original. Only stupid people think originality can still be achieved when you have artist in the past who have all done it before. Right now, it's all about regurgitating your influences. Hence the "Single Ladies" video, Rihanna's "Distrubia" video, or Britney's 2004 tour.

I really doubt Beyonce sat with those engineers and said "Oooh let's steal this and don't change anything". Some of ya'll are so critical of Beyonce is hilarious. Scrutiny doesn't take a day off. :lmao: But I'm not denying there are similarities because they're obviously are, but again those animations take a while to make when on a screen. So you can't expect a whole new set up for each artist esp. when there aren't that many companies doing it. Not to mention how much it probably costs.

Again, no one in this day and age can be original. Only stupid people think originality can still be achieved when you have artist in the past who have all done it before. Right now, it's all about regurgitating your influences. Hence the "Single Ladies" video, Rihanna's "Distrubia" video, or Britney's 2004 tour.

I really doubt Beyonce sat with those engineers and said "Oooh let's steal this and don't change anything". Some of ya'll are so critical of Beyonce is hilarious. Scrutiny doesn't take a day off. :lmao: But I'm not denying there are similarities because they're obviously are, but again those animations take a while to make when on a screen. So you can't expect a whole new set up for each artist esp. when there aren't that many companies doing it. Not to mention how much it probably costs.

Archived