Battle Of The Debut Albums: Round 10

TwistedElegance™

Battle Of The Debut Albums: Round 10  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• [img]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/FlashingLights82/g25989d4337.jpg[/img]
    • [img]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/FlashingLights82/CantTakeMeHomeCover.jpg[/img]

Billboard Hot 100 chart peaks for each are listed below.

Singles from Kaleidoscope:

1. Caught Out There (#54)

2. Good Stuff (didn't chart)

3. Get Along With You (didn't chart)

Singles from Can't Take Me Home:

1. There You Go (#7)

2. Most Girls (#4)

3. You Make Me Sick (#33)

I still love both, but my vote goes to Kelis. I was mesmerized by that album. :blush:

No competition - and I fucking love Pink. :filenails:

It's so strange listening to "Kaleidoscope" though and then listening to "Flesh Tone." I don't know why but I don't see that Kelis and this new Kelis as the same person. When I saw her live, I was jolted back when she did "Milkshake."

No competition - and I fucking love Pink. :filenails:

It's so strange listening to "Kaleidoscope" though and then listening to "Flesh Tone." I don't know why but I don't see that Kelis and this new Kelis as the same person. When I saw her live, I was jolted back when she did "Milkshake."

Right. She's definitely not the same Kelis at all, but I love both versions. And I really respect her transition into dance; it's felt natural and authentic, not the cheesy Euro path Usher and Enrique Iglesias have taken.

Right. She's definitely not the same Kelis at all, but I love both versions. And I really respect her transition into dance; it's felt natural and authentic, not the cheesy Euro path Usher and Enrique Iglesias have taken.

Exactly. It wasn't overly processed or anything. It felt as if she had been doing dance music for years. From what I heard, she's going to continue with dance music. I guess that Kelis is dead.

definitely Kelis. Mafia was my theme song back in the day, she did that

Pink was a fantastic as well, but it wasnt as fresh and new as Kelis. 'There You Go' could have been performed by any R&B act during that time.

Yes @ Mafia!! I loved that song.

My vote goes to Kelis. I bought both albums back in the day. But I can't tell you where they are now! LOL.

definitely Kelis. Mafia was my theme song back in the day, she did that

Pink was a fantastic as well, but it wasnt as fresh and new as Kelis. 'There You Go' could have been performed by any R&B act during that time.

OMG YES

Death do us apart,That's what I vow to you

fucking EPIC :wub: :wub:

Game Show

I n The Morning

I Want Your Love

Mars

it's PERFECTION :wub: :wub:

and this video *_*

I liked them both, but Pink I think gets the edge on this, she went from there to a huge career, Kelis didn't do too well after that, but I love both.

Mr.Bailey is that what gave P!nk the edge on your decision because that part really is irrelevant to what Twisted is asking. :umm:

YES , she just delivers without being bothered :wub: markita was also amazing :wub:

her and Eve have a similiar flow. >_< somebody is living foul :umm:

anywho, I remember Kelis coming out first and she did the whole pink hair thing and i remember a reporter asking her about her pink hair and if she would keep it or not and i remember her saying that she wouldnt because there was a singer out calling herself P!nk with pink hair..she then threw some shade at her and kinda called P!nk a gimmick -_-

I could see why she would consider P!nk a gimmick back then. But obviously things changed....

3445639376_64f3352bec.jpg

yeah, the general public thought that she was a gimmick and I used to own that magazine. The three of them truly represented for us alternative girls :rolleyes: ...i believe that was when Kelis was just about to release her second cd.

I used to love that magazine btw. It actually introduced me to alot of artist, I found out about Jilly from Philly through Honey magazine. -_-

yeah, the general public thought that she was a gimmick and I used to own that magazine. The three of them truly represented for us alternative girls :rolleyes: ...i believe that was when Kelis was just about to release her second cd.

I used to love that magazine btw. It actually introduced me to alot of artist, I found out about Jilly from Philly through Honey magazine. -_-

Yep. That's her Wanderland weave. :wub:

Funny, I don't remember Honey at all. :umm:

Archived