Will Katy Perry break Michael Jackson's record?

Miss Enjoi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy Perry doesn't hold a candle to Lady Gaga and she never will. Shit catered to the teen itunes audience is going to sell. I'm not taking away from her accomplishment, but she doesn't take any risks, and in fact she really dumbed down her music and image in order to have this kind of success.

Katy Perry doesn't hold a candle to Lady Gaga and she never will. Shit catered to the teen itunes audience is going to sell. I'm not taking away from her accomplishment, but she doesn't take any risks, and in fact she really dumbed down her music and image in order to have this kind of success.

I think Katy is more mainstream in terms of image. But as a songwriter she is stronger than Gaga. I've always said this.

Even in this thread i'm on your mind. :excited:

You need to see a doctor for this. :wave:

I'm just calling it like I see it.

and the nerve of you telling anyone to see a doctor - you should read half the shit you say on here.

Anytime somebody in the game for just 3 years with two mainstream albums, no real performance skills, and low ass record sales under her belt can be a contender in the record books alongside the greatest entertainer of all time, something needs to change.

exactly it's completely different. It just does not compare. It's like looking at two completely different industrys

I think the times are different and they don't compare, but I do enjoy Katy and those songs. But comparing artists now to the likes of MJ Madonna or Janet just is not working for me.

why can't we compare?! :blink: just because they're legends doesn't mean we can't compare the old with the new...

"You can't compare old classic apples to these new generational apples"

this music follower generation is the new "Elvis generation", and so on and so forth... in 20 years, you'll all sound like your grandparents... "in my day _____ would sing it better"

congrats to Katy Perry.. she's actually talented

why can't we compare?! :blink: just because they're legends doesn't mean we can't compare the old with the new...

"You can't compare old classic apples to these new generational apples"

this music follower generation is the new "Elvis generation", and so on and so forth... in 20 years, you'll all sound like your grandparents... "in my day _____ would sing it better"

congrats to Katy Perry.. she's actually talented

Well singles in this generation is more digital driven while singles in MJ, Madonna, and Janet's generation was more airplay driven. Also, I really hate how the digital market inflated record sales for artists.

But I'm happy 4 Katy though, Last Friday Night really grew on me, plus I luv the video. Better than ET (the video that is).

Well singles in this generation is more digital driven while singles in MJ, Madonna, and Janet's generation was more airplay driven. Also, I really hate how the digital market inflated record sales for artists.

But I'm happy 4 Katy though, Last Friday Night really grew on me, plus I luv the video. Better than ET (the video that is).

I think Game's talking more about quality than quantity...I might be wrong though.

I think Game's talking more about quality than quantity...I might be wrong though.

You might be right, I'm not a fan of today's current music climate, but people have to look at it from another angle and figure out whether the music scenes is that bad or we just want to be a certain age again.

well you can't compare digital singles with hard copies... MJ, Madonna, & Janet didn't have to deal with the digital age.. they don't know how to... or they wouldn't...

and you all are ignoring the fact that music can be downloaded for free.. anywhere, anytime... all you need to know is how to do it

do you think Thriller would have sold 4.8 billion copies if the internet was around? it would have went, diamond at the most in 2010

and yes.. i was referring to quality.. not quantity

well you can't compare digital singles with hard copies... MJ, Madonna, & Janet didn't have to deal with the digital age.. they don't know how to... or they wouldn't...

and you all are ignoring the fact that music can be downloaded for free.. anywhere, anytime... all you need to know is how to do it

do you think Thriller would have sold 4.8 billion copies if the internet was around? it would have went, diamond at the most in 2010

well considering most of us are only in our 20's and already complain about the quality of music that says abit

You're right. Thriller would have went Diamond at most, but the singles would have sold a total of about 30-40 millions copies in the U.S.

Archived