The Official Kelly Rowland Thread

Kim

I done told y'all asses my baby boo can sing good but y'all stay wanting to hate on my chocolatey boo. Guess now she proved y'all wrong and shows that she can indeed sing good live :filenails: Matter of fact some of y'all still hating even though y'all know she did good. :rolleyes:

Wow...ONE! Post some other good LIVE VOCAL performances.... >_<

• 3 weeks later...

Kelly Rowland To Be Honored at 2012 Black Women In Music Event

Grammy Award nominee Kelly Rowland and music industry veteran Sylvia Rhone will be feted during Grammy week at the third annual Essence Black Women in Music event. Featuring an exclusive performance by Rowland and special guest Eve, the Feb. 8 invitation-only event in Los Angeles will also include guest DJ MC Lyte - the first female solo rapper nominated for a Grammy.

Rowland, who first rose to fame as a founding member of history-making girl group Destiny's Child, is a current Grammy nominee in the best rap/sung collaboration category for "Motivation" featuring Lil Wayne. She was also a judge on the eighth season of the British reality TV talent show "The X Factor." Rowland's "talent, drive and remarkable creative force show what it truly means to be a young powerhouse in an ever-changing industry," says Essence editor-in-chief Constance C.R. White in a statement.

Rhone most recently served as president of Universal Motown, where she oversaw a roster that included Drake, Nicki Minaj, Erykah Badu and Stevie Wonder. She is currently a member of the board of directors of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. "Sylvia Rhone is an iconic driving force in the music industry who has become a trailblazer for African-American women everywhere," says Essence president Michelle Ebanks.

"To be acknowledged by [Essence] is truly a privilege," says Rhone in an email to Billboard. "To be honored with Kelly Rowland, for whom I have the utmost respect, will make this a very special evening."

Previous Essence Black Women in Music events have saluted Janelle Monae and Mary J. Blige. This year's event is being sponsored by Lincoln and My Black Is Beautiful. Additional details, including venue, will be announced shortly.

http://www.billboard.com/news/kelly-rowland-to-be-honored-at-2012-black-1005819552.story#/news/kelly-rowland-to-be-honored-at-2012-black-1005819552.story

----

:asham: @ "Grammy Award nominee". They so wrong for that. They can add DC's Grammy total to Beyonce's stats, but not Kelly's? Not to mention her Grammy with Nelly. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kelly Rowland not returning to X Factor, new line-up rumours heighten

After months of rumours, The X Factor judging panel finally seems to be shaping up.

Kelly Rowland has confirmed that she will not be returning for the next series of The X Factor.

A spokesman for Kelly Rowland confirmed the news, saying that she couldn't "whole- heartedly commit" to The X Factor.

He then passed on the following message from Kelly: "I love the UK and being part of the show last year. Mentoring the girls was such an incredible experience."

The news that Kelly Rowland won't be returning as an X Factor judge comes just one day after the reports that Dannii Minogue could be set to make a dramatic come-back.

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-juice/kelly-rowland-not-returning-x-factor-line-rumours-114006571.html

----

Good. She needs to focus on whatever is left of her music career.

Why didn't she release ""Each Other"? Is she really that stupid when it comes to her career? :umm:

Each Other was HOT! Why the hell did she release Keep It Between Us as a single :unsure:? Hot song? yes. hot single? NO?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...