Shes not that great of a singer

Xtraordinary Xternal

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides your opinion? Babe, we're cool, I know. But that just isn't true. Seriously. Prime Whitney and Mariah can sing circles around Bey in their SLEEP. Bey is a great vocalist, I agree. But can't top them two..at all! I love ya, you know that.But no. I need some receipts before I even believe that. :mellow:

Beyonce's technique IS better than Whitney's:

Whitney's first flaw was singing without warming up. STUPID decision. As you know, the vocal chords are a muscle. Just like you have to stretch before you run, you have to warm up before you sing. Whitney didn't do that. So she'd go out on stage and be belting Es and Fs like her life was on the line. Often times you'd see her tilting her head back to reach notes. By doing that, she didn't have proper breath support. So those notes she'd be straining to reach and they wouldn't be resonate or have much power to them. They were often faint. What Whitney had is a great tone and excellent vocal agility. She understands her voice.Listen to Whitney on "I Wanna Dance With Somebody":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FZmlSInBtk#t=4m48s EXCELLENT belt. Supported with breath. Resonate. Powerful. Now listen to Whitney hit the same note 6 years later: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUcrijzXbY#t=3m27s The belt is thinner, not as resonate, and she backs off the note because she doesn't have the breath to support it. The note is also a little darker. All this is a result of having not so great vocal technique. When you have good vocal technique, your voice she actually get better, not worse. Hence why ppl like Donna Summer can still sing very well.

Now the problem with Mariah is that thin ass whistle register. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz5JR0xxc_Q The whistles are out of tune, or her pitch is off, one of the two. The third whistle at 2:43 is an utter mess and Mariah knows it as she shows it on her face at 2:46 - 2:52. That note was not cut short intentionally. :lmao: She lost it due to no air to support that whistle. Plus, her whistles are airy. When you sing in the whistle register, it shouldn't be airy. When you do, that means you're not using full voice and you're straining a bit. Listen to Minnie Riperton sing in whistle (hers is perfect btw): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXTQWIaKTKs#t=2m25s. Great whistle. Resonate. Powerful. You can hear she has control over it, and she could go up or down the scale if she wanted to. Plus, Mariah's belts are not as strong as Beyonce's. My friend calls them "shouts". :lmao: Mariah also has a problem with singing beyond her tessitura. And I think Mariah is an alto trying to sing soprano (would have to double check). Her lower register is TOO good for her to be a soprano.

Now with Beyonce, her singing is near perfect. She's almost ways pitch perfect. She warms up before she hits the stage, as seen in the American Idol dressing room video. She doesn't sing beyond her tessitura, because that will destroy her voice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf2Xau4Qvwk#t=2m27s very good control. Now listen to her do the same run just years later: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KIaGF3APAI#t=1m35s, even BETTER. Her voice is more resonate and has more control and isn't as shaky as the first. Beyonce's chest range is better than Mariah's and Whitney's in that she doesn't force out her notes. She uses her diaphragm to support her notes and give her power. That's why she can do runs so effortlessly. Her head voice is good, and she knows not too sing too high in it because it's pushing her voice a little bit. She doesn't really go beyond C6 too much when she does head voice.

So in terms of technique, Beyonce > Whitney > Mariah

Beyonce's vocal technique is better than both Whitney and Mariah's. point%20and%20laugh.gif

and how many lies do I need to count here? :unsure: Chiiiiiillllllleeee.....and I do the most. Beyonce has vocal talent, she needs to train like a fucking dog cause honey I don't wanna here yo ass holla on a damn record....and that bitch does....but fuck it right now that's neither here nor there, she aint got a hit record out and a whole album out right now bitch is fucking up for her to be "the number 1 chick in the game" Im just saying :filenails:

and how many lies do I need to count here? :unsure: Chiiiiiillllllleeee.....and I do the most. Beyonce has vocal talent, she needs to train like a fucking dog cause honey I don't wanna here yo ass holla on a damn record....and that bitch does....but fuck it right now that's neither here nor there, she aint got a hit record out and a whole album out right now bitch is fucking up for her to be "the number 1 chick in the game" Im just saying :filenails:

You do need vocal training. You can't get enough of it actually. :lmao: If not you'll end up sound like Mariah, who sings in the whistle register despite having vocal nodules. :lmao:

It's not stanning. If I were to tell you why Whitney is a better vocalist than Mariah would you call me a Whitney stan? :crazy:

It is stanning... you just won't admit it.

Typical behavior whenever Beyonce is mentioned. I'm just waiting on you to throw Janet under the bus for her in this thread. :coffee:

Neverending runs doesn't equal better vocal technique, Compare Beyonce to her peers like Christina not Whitney and Mariah in their prime.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: chile...Beyonce does way too fucking much I swear her MJ "tribute" in concert OVER SANGING "Can't Help It"...Ch. :filenails:

I've noticed.

Well, I've noticed when it's Beyonce.

Actually, I've noticed when it's not bashing Beyonce.

No matter who the artist is, I've always said they should post in their official thread without flooding the board.. :thumbup:

Archived