Mary is not here for the gays

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Everyone doesn't have to agree with gay marriage. Shes a christian woman you have some liberal christians and some conservative ones... She chose not really to discuss it. You can't be mad at her not like she bashed it just said leave it up to god some of yall are way too sensitive... You can't preach equality and then bash someone for no agreeing with your way of thinking.

Everyone doesn't have to agree with gay marriage. Shes a christian woman you have some liberal christians and some conservative ones... She chose not really to discuss it. You can't be mad at her not like she bashed it just said leave it up to god some of yall are way too sensitive... You can't preach equality and then bash someone for no agreeing with your way of thinking.

Actually yes you can, because the very bases of equality is everyone being equal and having equal rights.

It's not a "way of thinking", people are fighting for things that shouldn't be denied to them in the first place.

Mary didn't say anything "bad", but I can see why some are disheartened, considering all that weave, her makeup, and her wardrobe was probably put together by the gays. lol

It's like as long as you "stay in your lane" as a gay person everything is okay, ask for BASIC rights and shit hits the fan.

^^ "First they came for the Jews and I stayed silent, because I was not a Jew." Ring a bell? It isn't her that is the problem. It's the type of people her view represent. Whether she approves or not, it should be said that keeping silent while people are denied, moreover, killed in the pursuit of gaining simple freedoms. Among these being the right to marriage. If any, I hate those who are indifferent much more than those who are blatantly bigots. At least they stand hard for what they do. Those who remain indifferent just toss their hands up and let shit slide and pray the Invisible Man in the sky calls judgment on all that's done. That, my dear, is worthy of excommunication, hell, purgatory, and whatever else those liberal or conservative Christians push on us.

Actually yes you can, because the very bases of equality is everyone being equal and having equal rights.

It's not a "way of thinking", people are fighting for things that shouldn't be denied to them in the first place.

Mary didn't say anything "bad", but I can see why some are disheartened, considering all that weave, her makeup, and her wardrobe was probably put together by the gays. lol

It's like as long as you "stay in your lane" as a gay person everything is okay, ask for BASIC rights and shit hits the fan.

Again reading too much into her statement... she didn't outright bash gay marriage or gays... in the end it is up to god and I didn't find it offensive. I'm the type of person where I view someone else perspective and not be offended by it if done in a respectful way.

In the middle of this fight some gay groups have become a bit too aggressive... Everyone won't agree with what you do thats just life. If they respectfully disagree with you why attack them? You put her in a box because she stayed neutral on the subject. This with us or against us mentality won't create progress. I have a problem when some gay people act as if everyone suppose to just agree with everything they do. Before anyone uses the oh xternal self hate card I love who I am but I can't expect for every single human being to love who I am or agree with what I do with anything in my life. I have some friends who don't agree with the gay thing but they respect and love me as a person and you know what I can't be mad at that... because its some shit I don't agree with they do but I won't attack them over it.

Again reading too much into her statement... she didn't outright bash gay marriage or gays... in the end it is up to god and I didn't find it offensive. I'm the type of person where I view someone else perspective and not be offended by it if done in a respectful way.

In the middle of this fight some gay groups have become a bit too aggressive... Everyone won't agree with what you do thats just life. If they respectfully disagree with you why attack them? You put her in a box because she stayed neutral on the subject. This with us or against us mentality won't create progress. I have a problem when some gay people act as if everyone suppose to just agree with everything they do. Before anyone uses the oh xternal self hate card I love who I am but I can't expect for every single human being to love who I am or agree with what I do with anything in my life. I have some friends who don't agree with the gay thing but they respect and love me as a person and you know what I can't be mad at that... because its some shit I don't agree with they do but I won't attack them over it.

I didn't read too much into her statement, my comments were in reply to your post and the part I put in bold.

No disrespect, I think it is part of self-hate on your part. Not that you don't love who you are, but you accept "hate" because it's a societal norm and the "majority" look down upon us as gay people.

That's not good either. It's like accepting and being submission in regards to the hate and discrimination that we dealt with and continue to deal with as African-Americans.

"It's okay, as long as we live our life and don't rock the boat, everything will be just fine"

No matter how you try to justify it, that simply isn't true.

I didn't read too much into her statement, my comments were in reply to your post and the part I put in bold.

No disrespect, I think it is part of self-hate on your part. Not that you don't love who you are, but you accept "hate" because it's a societal norm and the "majority" look down upon us as gay people.

That's not good either. It's like accepting and being submission in regards to the hate and discrimination that we dealt with and continue to deal with as African-Americans.

"It's okay, as long as we live our life and don't rock the boat, everything will be just fine"

No matter how you try to justify it, that simply isn't true.

Nah... I'm passed the self hate stuff I had to make hard choices and face certain personal things head on... years ago if I didn't I wouldn't be talking to you right now. It comes a point in your life where you say to yourself either I accept and love myself for who I am or just continue to be unhappy... at 23 I choose to be happy with being gay. I think people who get upset by vague comments about sexuality don't really know themselves and get upset.

I don't agree with bullying or putting people down because of how they feel they should live their life. You kinda read my statement with the view that I don't agree with gay rights. I feel everyone should be treated and represented equally however... I get up in arms when some gay people become what they hate the most bullies... I never said that statement you said that not me... True change can only come from patience and understanding. Its a big difference from her comment and say someone who would say "those faggots shouldn't be marry each other" you're putting her in the same boat as someone who would make a disrespectful comment like that... and its not fair. You kinda doing that with my comments also...

Nah... I'm passed the self hate stuff I had to make hard choices and face certain personal things head on... years ago if I didn't I wouldn't be talking to you right now. It comes a point in your life where you say to yourself either I accept and love myself for who I am or just continue to be unhappy... at 23 I choose to be happy with being gay. I think people who get upset by vague comments about sexuality don't really know themselves and get upset.

I don't agree with bullying or putting people down because of how they feel they should live their life. You kinda read my statement with the view that I don't agree with gay rights. I feel everyone should be treated and represented equally however... I get up in arms when some gay people become what they hate the most bullies... I never said that statement you said that not me... True change can only come from patience and understanding. Its a big difference from her comment and say someone who would say "those faggots shouldn't be marry each other" you're putting her in the same boat as someone who would make a disrespectful comment like that... and its not fair. You kinda doing that with my comments also...

Again, my comments were in response to you...the only thing I said about Mary is I can understand why what she said, or the lack of what she said, maybe disheartening to some. My comments in this thread have had less to do with Mary and more do with your posts.

I don't see anyone "bullying". I see it like the more "militant movement" by African-Americans to get the rights that we deserved. Sometimes you just get fed up with the bullshit and you act out. Is it the right way to go about it? Probably not... Is it understandable, absolutely.

Your comment of "Everyone doesn't have to agree with gay marriage." and "You can't preach equality and then bash someone for no agreeing with your way of thinking."

Is, IMO, a form of self-hate. It's the submissive position I spoke of earlier. The "if we just live our lives it'll be okay" type belief. Things don't get accomplished that way. Change doesn't come if we don't challenge society and "the majority view"

Again, my comments were in response to you...the only thing I said about Mary is I can understand why what she said, or the lack of what she said, maybe disheartening to some. My comments in this thread have had less to do with Mary and more do with your posts.

I don't see anyone "bullying". I see it like the more "militant movement" by African-Americans to get the rights that we deserved. Sometimes you just get fed up with the bullshit and you act out. Is it the right way to go about it? Probably not... Is it understandable, absolutely.

Your comment of "Everyone doesn't have to agree with gay marriage." and "You can't preach equality and then bash someone for no agreeing with your way of thinking."

Is, IMO, a form of self-hate. It's the submissive position I spoke of earlier. The "if we just live our lives it'll be okay" type belief. Things don't get accomplished that way. Change doesn't come if we don't challenge society and "the majority view"

Because in life everyone won't agree with your actions or views... not just with the gay topic but life period this is why we have vegetarians , meat eaters, different religions etc. You think its self hate if I identify myself as a christian but can respect the views of a Muslim? What has history taught us about forcing our views on each other? Leads to death destruction misery and alot of other unnecessary bullshit. I can understand people being upset by ignorant homophobic comments I don't like it either but I can't label every straight person who doesn't agree with or feel neutral about gay rights homophobic. If a white person gets robbed by a black dude does this justify that they hate all black people and think they steal? No everyone deserves respect... I believe gays should have equal rights but I don't agree with ignorance fighting ignorance to become what you trying to defeat leaves you defeated... I'm hardly a submissive person I fight for what I believe in and whats right. You have a right to feel the way you feel however I think you can't just put everyone in a box...

Because in life everyone won't agree with your actions or views... not just with the gay topic but life period this is why we have vegetarians , meat eaters, different religions etc. You think its self hate if I identify myself as a christian but can respect the views of a Muslim? What has history taught us about forcing our views on each other? Leads to death destruction misery and alot of other unnecessary bullshit. I can understand people being upset by ignorant homophobic comments I don't like it either but I can't label every straight person who doesn't agree with or feel neutral about gay rights homophobic. If a white person gets robbed by a black dude does this justify that they hate all black people and think they steal? No everyone deserves respect... I believe gays should have equal rights but I don't agree with ignorance fighting ignorance to become what you trying to defeat leaves you defeated... I'm hardly a submissive person I fight for what I believe in and whats right. You have a right to feel the way you feel however I think you can't just put everyone in a box...

Not agree with..fine..prevent me from having BASIC rights...No

Does a member of the KKK or any other bigot have the "right" not to like me as an African-American? Yes. Should they be involved preventing me and others like me from having BASIC rights? No

And yes I do feel there is some form of self-hate is involved in your view. Again, it's like "accepting" something simply because it's a societal norm and the "majority view".

I see it as the "It's okay, it'll go away if we just behave" mentality.

Not agree with..fine..prevent me from having BASIC rights...No

Does a member of the KKK or any other bigot have the "right" not to like me as an African-American? Yes. Should they be involved preventing me and others like me from having BASIC rights? No

And yes I do feel there is some form of self-hate is involved in your view. Again, it's like "accepting" something simply because it's a societal norm and the "majority view".

I see it as the "It's okay, it'll go away if we just behave" mentality.

I accept rational respectful views... I don't accept ignorant hateful bullshit.... not hard to understand... Mary J not stopping gay marriage..

LOL I so don't believe that.. you must not have read my whole reply... lol

I accept rational respectful views... I don't accept ignorant hateful bullshit.... not hard to understand... Mary J not stopping gay marriage..

LOL I so don't believe that.. you must not have read my whole reply... lol

There is no rational respectful view of denying homosexuals basic rights...and that is the point.

...and again, this convo we're having has nothing to do with Mary.

Archived