YOUR ideas for Janhova's Next Masterpiece

Reyna ♔

Lyrically, what would you like to hear next from my wife? ^_^

Love songs(whimsical and/or heartbreaking)?

Dance hits?

Anthems?

Deep and emotional( a la TVR)?

Baby making music?

A mix of some of them?

A different idea?

Clue me in, people :good:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what song(s) does she whisper in.... :umm:

please list

In her recent stuff she sings so quietly and softly that it might as well be whispering. I can hardly tell what she's saying sometimes (mainly on Discipline). Rollercoaster, SMB, Curtains. I want her to sing clearly (and louder).

imma need experimental/alternative Janet to show herself once again. Imma need the Janet who thought that it would be a good idea to put an opera singer in one of her songs and the Janet that samples Carly Simon and Joni Mitchell. Lets do some funked out trip hop acid jazz type shit. Its time to leave that up and light shit alone. :rolleyes:

If I had to pick, I want a mix of Rhythm Nation (songs about the wrold, not necessarily about politics, like others have suggested, but songs about real problems) a mix of the janet. album (my favorite album because the album it self was a huge mix of different styles, but I want the love songs to be more classy and lyrically delicious, Ive never been 1 of those people to say "she to old to be singing bout that", because I think thats a double standard, I dont recall anyone saying that about Barry White in his 40's and 50's or Marvin Gaye) and the Velvet rope, where she has songs where she lets her guard down and let us in, because she's been through ALOT these last 2yrs, loss of a brother and breakup of a 7 year relationship, not to EVEN mention she could talk about the industry turning its back on her, unfairly so.

Basically what I want MOST from this album, is for it to be able to stand up next to Contorl, RN, janet, & The Velvet Rope. I Love the last 4 albums, I think Damita Jo is amazing, but seriously, they dont stand up to those previous ones lyric wise or sound wise. I want a album that can stand up to the best of Janets work.

Thatd be my order if she were taking em lol

imma need experimental/alternative Janet to show herself once again. Imma need the Janet who thought that it would be a good idea to put an opera singer in one of her songs and the Janet that samples Carly Simon and Joni Mitchell. Lets do some funked out trip hop acid jazz type shit. Its time to leave that up and light shit alone. :rolleyes:

pretty much this.

Janet + Tricky or massive attack ... OH ... *_*

I want dark, i want very dark , i want analogies and not some simple shit that even 5 yo can figure out *_* , i want layers and layers of complexity , i want a new in your face sound :wub:

I have a question then. For those wanting a Velvet Rope/RN mix, with a dab of AFY and Control. Could you see Janet singing songs with these titles:

Never Again

Kisses in the Dark

Haven

Silent Scream

Moonlight

Because You're Twisted

Reign

Justice? (question mark= intentional)

I Made You

Standing With You

Brought Back

Sunset

If It Fades

Whatcha think? ^_^

I have a question then. For those wanting a Velvet Rope/RN mix, with a dab of AFY and Control. Could you see Janet singing songs with these titles:

Never Again

Kisses in the Dark

Haven

Silent Scream

Moonlight

Because You're Twisted

Reign

Justice? (question mark= intentional)

I Made You

Standing With You

Brought Back

Sunset

If It Fades

Whatcha think? ^_^

Never Again - Yes (meant for JD)

Kisses in the Dark - Sound like a slow jam, giving me JoJo's "In The Dark" teas

Haven - YEEEEEEESSS! An inspirational ballad-type song about getting away from DeBarge a lover doing her wrong

Silent Scream - Hmmmmmm. Interesting. I can see this as a Scream pt. 2 thing. Like an "I miss you Michael" song

Moonlight - maybe

Because You're Twisted - Nah, not really

Reign - YAAAAAS! She would be feeling her puss on this song. DaGhetto Jo would murk that.

Justice? (question mark= intentional)- Yes.

I Made You - A SHADE song to Renee. Luv it.

Standing With You - Maybe

Brought Back - a sequel to CBTM?

Sunset - yes as a slow jam

If It Fades - Oh yes! I can see Jan singing a song like this

Of course I'm just taking these songs titles out of context :lol: But I can see Jan singing a song with those titles besides BYT. :thumbup:

Never Again - Yes (meant for JD)

Kisses in the Dark - Sound like a slow jam, giving me JoJo's "In The Dark" teas

Haven - YEEEEEEESSS! An inspirational ballad-type song about getting away from DeBarge a lover doing her wrong

Silent Scream - Hmmmmmm. Interesting. I can see this as a Scream pt. 2 thing. Like an "I miss you Michael" song

Moonlight - maybe

Because You're Twisted - Nah, not really

Reign - YAAAAAS! She would be feeling her puss on this song. DaGhetto Jo would murk that.

Justice? (question mark= intentional)- Yes.

I Made You - A SHADE song to Renee. Luv it.

Standing With You - Maybe

Brought Back - a sequel to CBTM?

Sunset - yes as a slow jam

If It Fades - Oh yes! I can see Jan singing a song like this

Of course I'm just taking these songs titles out of context :lol: But I can see Jan singing a song with those titles besides BYT. :thumbup:

For BYT, think of like a SOAG sequel but with TBOBW imagery kinda. That's the best way I can describe what I wrote :asham: The video would be insane. ALOT of imagery made into it. BB, yes you're right. You're pretty much right about all of them. :lol: These are what I've narrowed down so far to send to her.

For BYT, think of like a SOAG sequel but with TBOBW imagery kinda. That's the best way I can describe what I wrote :asham: The video would be insane. ALOT of imagery made into it. BB, yes you're right. You're pretty much right about all of them. :lol: These are what I've narrowed down so far to send to her.

What about "If It fades" & "Justice?" what are those about? cuz those titles are interesting.

What about "If It fades" & "Justice?" what are those about? cuz those titles are interesting.

"If It Fades" is basically coming from the perspective of a woman who's gone through heartbreak after heartbreak in her life. She's speaking to her new love. She has both a tone of worry but also security. Basically "If the love fades, I will be fine without you, but I will always care for you." A common way for a woman to feel after so many heartbreaks especially if she's secure in who she is. "Justice?" I wrote the day of the Norway attacks, if you heard about that on the news. It speaks alot about that. Summary: "What is justice? Who defines it? What makes (said person/deity/whomever) the one to decide?"

Archived