Adele's 'Someone Like You' Soars To No. 1 On Hot 100

RedSimba

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I would not place Adele with the kiddie pop that otherwise rules radio.

no.. she's in the adult mainstream with the 18-30 year olds listening in as well

Janet (and GrandMadonna) needs to focus less on the Rihanna-Justin Beaver fans.. and more on the 40 and up without going too Jill Scott.. cuz then they'll flop

people like deep music.. and vocalists.. so GrandMadonna is screwed on one.. but Janet has the capacity to do both

:umm:

I know you were talking about next week. That was my point. :rolleyes:

Then that should have been obvious. :rolleyes:

i'm not perfect

Fact: Love on Top is a weak... and is far more weaker than "Best Thing..." and Best Thing peaked where? # 16

therefore... Flop on Bottom won't surpass

"Best Thing..." is the weakest single to date. :umm:

And I'll be sure to be extra bitchy to you if "Vocals On Top" out performs the previous singles.

Then that should have been obvious. :rolleyes:

"Best Thing..." is the weakest single to date. :umm:

And I'll be sure to be extra bitchy to you if "Vocals On Top" out performs the previous singles.

it's the weakest yet it peaked the highest... your opinion if it's weak or not isn't correlating with the facts of 4Lop's singles performances

and if it doesn't.. i want you to crown me :thumbup:

if she would have performed that song.. she might have had a #2 hit

no.. she's in the adult mainstream with the 18-30 year olds listening in as well

Janet (and GrandMadonna) needs to focus less on the Rihanna-Justin Beaver fans.. and more on the 40 and up without going too Jill Scott.. cuz then they'll flop

people like deep music.. and vocalists.. so GrandMadonna is screwed on one.. but Janet has the capacity to do both

I don't disagree with you.

I was thinking Phil Collins in terms of adult oriented pop though.

it's the weakest yet it peaked the highest... your opinion if it's weak or not isn't correlating with the facts of 4Lop's singles performances

and if it doesn't.. i want you to crown me :thumbup:

if she would have performed that song.. she might have had a #2 hit

Best Thing is the weakest single, and you will deal with it.

And I won't be crowning you, because I have too much dignity to stoop to your level.

weakest yet peaked the highest :lol: c'mon.. i know u don't like the song.. but sheesh

then i want an apology :)

I do like the song, I just don't care for it. And it's still the weakest single. There's really no strong single from this album at all.

You're not getting that either. :rolleyes:

I disagree. Madonna is just as capable.

Success wise, the difference between Janet and Madonna, should they choose to go in a different direction musically, is that Madonna's fans will follow her. Janet's fans, or at least the majority of her fans, will not.

I disagree. Madonna is just as capable.

Success wise, the difference between Janet and Madonna, should they choose to go in a different direction musically, is that Madonna's fans will follow her. Janet's fans, or at least the majority of her fans, will not.

Madonna doesn't have vocals to sing...

Madonna fans will follow her when they dance... Madonna fans aren't strong enough to make her not flop... it's going to take the general public to drive sales.. not stans or fans

Archived