Adele's 'Someone Like You' Soars To No. 1 On Hot 100

RedSimba

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madonna doesn't have vocals to sing...

Madonna fans will follow her when they dance... Madonna fans aren't strong enough to make her not flop... it's going to take the general public to drive sales.. not stans or fans

She may not have spectacular vocals, but she could pull it off.

Same with Janet. But Janet's in a worse position. There's a reason why she's on her local carnival tent tour trying to remind her fans and the public that she's still around.

Same with Janet. But Janet's in a worse position. There's a reason why she's on her local carnival tent tour trying to remind her fans and the public that she's still around.

umm no.. ya need vocals to pull that off.. Look at Adele.. That woman from XFactor who releases during Xmas

Yes.. Janet needs NOT to play "fun and light"... at all.. avoid that at all costs!!!

umm no.. ya need vocals to pull that off.. Look at Adele.. That woman from XFactor who releases during Xmas

Yes.. Janet needs NOT to play "fun and light"... at all.. avoid that at all costs!!!

She doesn't need to sing like that to make a new direction work.

She's been doing the same shit since All for You. :sigh: I've been enjoying the music, but it's time for something different. :umm: No more "been there done that" attitude, or "classic me with a modern twist", or "I just wanna have fun" shit.

This is not my intention at all. I just thought Adele's success presented an opportunity.

TBH, I can't get into Someone like You. I guess I'm more into the 80s/90s formula ballads. It might eventually grow on me.

I think she has definitely opened doors for more artists in the singer/songwriter category. Like when Sarah McLachlan, Alanis, Jewel, Michelle Branch, etc were all out. It might not be as big of a movement, but if radio opens up, I think we can get the same variety of music on the radio that we had in the 90s.

I think she has definitely opened doors for more artists in the singer/songwriter category. Like when Sarah McLachlan, Alanis, Jewel, Michelle Branch, etc were all out. It might not be as big of a movement, but if radio opens up, I think we can get the same variety of music on the radio that we had in the 90s.

radio plays disposable songs, quick hits and out...no substance

Wtf. U mean the sell out multiple date global tour that is set to gross more than madonnas 'drowned world' tour.

No.

Yes. :filenails:

Wtf. U mean the sell out multiple date global tour that is set to gross more than madonnas 'drowned world' tour.

You have got to be kidding me. How many dates has Janet done compared to Madonna? Janet is working 10x as hard to gross what Madonna did during that tour.

Yes. :filenails:

You have got to be kidding me. How many dates has Janet done compared to Madonna? Janet is working 10x as hard to gross what Madonna did during that tour.

Honey, as much as I like him, he's blinded by the amazingness that is Janet to the point of delusion...

Janet is touring small venues because in most of the world she is incapable of selling out arenas and stadiums. She could have done a few select arena dates in major cities like London and LA etc but this ain't 1997 anymore lol

Madonna is a touring monster, even kylie is a bigger touring artist now. Janet is doing great all things considered, and this is a step on the ladder back to the top, but let's be honest Janet and her stupid decisions over the years are partly to blames as to why she is where she is today.

One of the more recent ones is not claiming and releasing HBL - look at pitbull and what that sound did for J.Lo

Make me was soooo average - it had no hook.

Hopefully Janet will come back on top, but I'm not holding my breath because even last time with feedback doing well she didn't bother promoting at the right time and released a weird ass video and the song had no push in markets like the UK which would have eaten it up.

Twistedvelvet could be in for a lot of sadness unless he takes his blinkers off :(

yes i think its more-so the ability of people to relate to the song and not the actual song that has made it popular...it makes people think of their exes ..

anyway congrats to adele ..like someone said this is probably the first time a ballad has hit the top spot since ..leona lewis bleeding love..or rihanna's take a bow

Honey, as much as I like him, he's blinded by the amazingness that is Janet to the point of delusion...

Janet is touring small venues because in most of the world she is incapable of selling out arenas and stadiums. She could have done a few select arena dates in major cities like London and LA etc but this ain't 1997 anymore lol

Madonna is a touring monster, even kylie is a bigger touring artist now. Janet is doing great all things considered, and this is a step on the ladder back to the top, but let's be honest Janet and her stupid decisions over the years are partly to blames as to why she is where she is today.

One of the more recent ones is not claiming and releasing HBL - look at pitbull and what that sound did for J.Lo

Hopefully Janet will come back on top, but I'm not holding my breath because even last time with feedback doing well she didn't bother promoting at the right time and released a weird ass video and the song had no push in markets like the UK which would have eaten it up.

Twistedvelvet could be in for a lot of sadness unless he takes his blinkers off :(

AHHH FUCKING MEN!!..

the most stupid decision was not to release heart beat love !!!!!omg have you seen the trend now..anybody that adds pitbull to the song..automatically goes top 40..and janet song with him was the hottest of them all....

That song coulda reminded the public of janet from a radio point !! Just damn..it hurts me that this opportunity was wasted..madonna woulda never let such a chance slip her by

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I couldn't have said it better.

yes i think its more-so the ability of people to relate to the song and not the actual song that has made it popular...it makes people think of their exes ..

anyway congrats to adele ..like someone said this is probably the first time a ballad has hit the top spot since ..leona lewis bleeding love..or rihanna's take a bow

It was me and I said since Slayline. :filenails:

I don't really consider "ballads" like Bleeding Love or Take a Bow as true ballads. They both have a beat to drive it. Maybe I'm just stuck in the 90s. lol

AHHH FUCKING MEN!!..

the most stupid decision was not to release heart beat love !!!!!omg have you seen the trend now..anybody that adds pitbull to the song..automatically goes top 40..and janet song with him was the hottest of them all....

That song coulda reminded the public of janet from a radio point !! Just damn..it hurts me that this opportunity was wasted..madonna woulda never let such a chance slip her by

Right? :mellow:

Janet was a dumbass for not jumping on board. She had a fuckin hit song on her hands. If anything, it would've gone #1 on dance. I just... UGH!

01-frustrated.jpg

Archived