Adele's 'Someone Like You' Soars To No. 1 On Hot 100

RedSimba

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not.. it's an example of what's to come

no it ain't. Make Me was not the bizness

From what I remember you girls were all raving about make me like it was the second coming of all for you - it was only Norman and myself that kept it real a d said the song was dated and hookless :coffee:

Um no ma'am and I don't recall many raving about it. I said from the gate that I didn't care for the song and it sounded old

I hurts me that so many of u have little faith. U have nooo idea what's about to come and you CLEARLY don't know Janet at all. U think janets made bad decisions and that she's lazy. Ur wrong. Janet has faced the biggest blacklisting in modern history. Her career suffered for that. U cant make bad decisions when there are no opportunities to make decisions on.

But Janet has it back, clearly u haven't paid attention but Janet has spent the last 2 years in the spotlight, month after month without even a new album. She IS coming back with an 'all for you' sized impact single and album. Some of u are gonna be in for a shock. She's gonna do it out of nowhere, and ull gonna be wondering what just happened. F pitbull, good song that it is, Janet just did it for fun cause she knows she's too good for that.

I honestly do believe that and I think she did it as a favor since Pitbull was featured on her "So Excited" remix

He was? I must have missed that. I thought it was that fat black guy who yells

Yeah. It was an unofficial remix to the official remix.

And why would Janet do a favor to him because of that? That would be like Janet doing a favor to LL (member of the forum) for doing unofficial remixes to her songs. Not to mention the song wasn't going to appear on Pit's album. She did it for Darkchild.

Ok cool! I learned something new today! snaps for me :excited:

:lol: At first when it leaked (I knew about it months before since Pitbull was talking about it), Darkchild said it was Janet's song featuring Pitbull (may I ask how did she do him a favor if the song according to Darkchild was initially her song shrug537.gif ...not to mention he only asked Janet for permission to leak it). Then Janet tweeted (or something) about having fun on Pit's track. Pit was just saying that he had fun doing the track and blah blah blah, but said it wasn't going to be on his album. Then all of a sudden, Darkchild listed it as "Darkchild feat. Janet Jackson and Pitbull" while saying the song was meant for his upcoming album.

F pitbull, good song that it is, Janet just did it for fun cause she knows she's too good for that.

Honey, Janet isn't too good for anything. Especially at this point. From 20 Y.O. to Make Me, she has demonstrated anything but "artistic integrity".

Who do you think Janet is? Fuckin Bjork?

Ch.

What is a hook? :asham:

All my girls at the party look at that body shakin that thing like you never did see got a nice package alright guess I'm gonna have to ride it tonight

Strum me like a guitar blow out my amplifier / light skin dark skin my asian persuasion

Etc. It depends on the song... usually, it's in the chorus, but there are cases (like the above) where the catchiest part is either the pre-chorus or before the verses.

We don't have "little faith" but we're not stupid... Janet is 45 years old... She reached legendary status... Don't expect her to make some huge comeback... We never called her lazy... Her music was one bad decision after another...

Youre delusional if u think Janet's getting TVR/AFY press

Janet is a Jackson. Age isn't an issue for jacksons.

Michael slayed at 50, as does latoya.

It was NOT a bad decision. 20 Y.O and Discipline were right for the time. There were several hits on both albums. I've said already. Janets flopping was to do with a deliberate blacklisting. Janet could NOT make any major promotional decisions cause she was so restricted.

The blacklisting is now lifting and that's WHY u see her on American idol, X Factor, the VMAs, high profile interviews, back on MTV, and media talking about her every day...cause she's now ABLE to make good business decisions.

Now if she is free to do what she is doing now, she will slay with a new album.

It's so sad that these years of blacklisting have really dented your memories and your faith in Janet.

^^^ honey I can't take you seriously after you just said LaToya slays at 50........LaToya has never slayed lol

And the black listing was a major upset for janets career, but if you had been a fan since it all happened you would know that Janet fucked herself over too many times in the last 10 yrs. Example one, concentrating all her efforts in the USA when there was a whole world out there that hadn't blacklisted her and where she was a star. But she let that star slide and now she has to play tiny venues to renew interest.

Janet is a Jackson. Age isn't an issue for jacksons.

Michael slayed at 50, as does latoya.

It was NOT a bad decision. 20 Y.O and Discipline were right for the time. There were several hits on both albums. I've said already. Janets flopping was to do with a deliberate blacklisting. Janet could NOT make any major promotional decisions cause she was so restricted.

The blacklisting is now lifting and that's WHY u see her on American idol, X Factor, the VMAs, high profile interviews, back on MTV, and media talking about her every day...cause she's now ABLE to make good business decisions.

Now if she is free to do what she is doing now, she will slay with a new album.

It's so sad that these years of blacklisting have really dented your memories and your faith in Janet.

Umm LaToya isn't "slaying" anything and neither was MJ >_< he hadn't released shit since 2001 when he was what? early 40s? and that was considered his worst by many (tho HIStory is his worst)

20 & DIS-Appointment were wrong for any time... there were no hits on either album (excluding Feedback) during a time when iTunes ruled Billboard Hot 100

You can't blame the blacklist of radio/tv forever..

Ya'll really give TwistedVelvet too much. :lol: If he wants to be overly excited about Janet's next project, and hope that Janet will be back on top of her game, then let him believe that. I almost in the same boat as him, although I don't expect her to return to her glory days, or anywhere near it. We should all be enthusiastic these days, but the last three projects have really taken a toll on some of you - as I've noticed - and you really don't expect much from Janet these days. She's made SOME good decisions in the past couple of years that's getting her back on the right track, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Janet's next album will hover just below or above the quality of AFY. Quote me.

no it ain't. Make Me was not the bizness

Ain't it bout time for yo ass to go back to work? :rolleyes:

Ya'll really give TwistedVelvet too much. :lol: If he wants to be overly excited about Janet's next project, and hope that Janet will be back on top of her game, then let him believe that. I almost in the same boat as him, although I don't expect her to return to her glory days, or anywhere near it. We should all be enthusiastic these days, but the last three projects have really taken a toll on some of you - as I've noticed - and you really don't expect much from Janet these days. She's made SOME good decisions in the past couple of years that's getting her back on the right track, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Janet's next album will hover just below or above the quality of AFY. Quote me.

Don't even bother..some of these people have no faith and just keep complaining about shit that has been beaten to death for years now. She's not gonna sell like she used too, and some fans need to wake up and accept this. Her most hardcore fans will still support her and there are only a FEW here as evidenced throughout this thread and board.

Archived