Best compliment you've received

LyricalLesson

I'm an aspiring singer and I think I make some pretty good music. I'm a decent looking guy and I try to dress nice. I'm a people-person, so I have a lot of friends. And I've got a leader-type mentality, so a lot of my peers look up to me...

HOWEVER, believe it or not -- NONE of those things have ANYTHING to do with my favorite compliment to hear.

I'm not very good at taking compliments anyway, I never really know what to say.

But in any event, the one I like to hear over anything else is some form of "Hey Jevar, you smell good!" Today, Cathy B. (An older female supervisor of mine) straight up announced to everyone in the warehouse that I smell "damn good!"... :lol: Pretty sick. Might sound a little odd, but smelling good is important to me. For me, smell is directly tied to the brain. If you smell like shit, I'll NEVER forget, and you'll forever be "that one dude that smells like shit" even if you smell okay the next time I see you. On the other hand, I don't forget a good smell either.

Case & point: My 4th grade teacher...she smelled like Heaven. Beautiful smart, young, nice lady, but her scent is what I remember most. It's pretty flattering when people go out of their way to tell you that you smell damn good :D Above anything else, I always make sure I wash the body, freshen the breath, brush the teef, spray one squirt of the cologne and apply the deodorant when I walk out the door.

What about y'all? What is the best compliment you've got?

I will ALWAYS remember what I consider the BEST compliment I've ever recieved.

I was at this very popular shopping center in my hometown and my dude (at the time) was in the restroom. So im like sitting on this bench in the hallway waiting for him and shit. This older lady dressed in ALL black with all this designer shit on,blinging jewelry -very uppity,wealthy,posh looking woman comes out of the ladies room with her granddaughter. So her granddaughter starts to kind of jog and the lady tells her to slow down while in the process the lady glances at me as she's walking by then does a double take and looks at me again. She then comes back and says to me "You are a very attractive young man". When I tell you a nigga was FLOORED ,I was STUNNED :mellow: I get compliments all the time but that one REALLY pierced my soul becuz I would have NEVER in a million years thought that lady would pay me any bit of attention -not to mention her actually voicing that she thought I was attractive. Guess I was too quick to assume.

I will ALWAYS remember what I consider the BEST compliment I've ever recieved.

I was at this very popular shopping center in my hometown and my dude (at the time) was in the restroom. So im like sitting on this bench in the hallway waiting for him and shit. This older lady dressed in ALL black with all this designer shit on,blinging jewelry -very uppity,wealthy,posh looking woman comes out of the ladies room with her granddaughter. So her granddaughter starts to kind of jog and the lady tells her to slow down while in the process the lady glances at me as she's walking by then does a double take and looks at me again. She then comes back and says to me "You are a very attractive young man". When I tell you a nigga was FLOORED ,I was STUNNED :mellow: I get compliments all the time but that one REALLY pierced my soul becuz I would have NEVER in a million years thought that aldy would pay me any bit of attention -not to mention her actually voicing that she thought I was attractive. Guess I was too quick to assume.

That's definitely a memorable situation right there. She was tryin' to swoop her up a youngin :lol: On the real though, you never know who's diggin you, and it feels good to get a compliment like that from someone you'd never expect to throw one your way.

Whenever someone compliments my wisdom/intelligence or when someone says something to the effect of "You have a beautiful heart". The greatest though would be when someone close that I love tells me that they love the way I protect and comfort them. That they feel safe, accepted and loved with me. No compliment is greater than that.

I have a lot of people say deep and meaningful things to me... like lil secret confessions etc

i dont think ive realised the impact ive had on some people

and to the shady bitches, and im not saying to be egotistical.. .just something ive been thinking about

The one that sticks out the most for me, was during the final week of my Foundations 2 class at culinary school. One guy showed up real late for the final. When he finally showed up, I had already done my dish and presented it to the instructor. The guy came up to me and said the only regret he had about showing up late was not being able to taste my finished dish.....he made my day that day.

I was in the bookstore today, first day they offered books for sale for my program, and I ran into a few others in my program and we were chatting and talking about the do's and don'ts in a hospital and one of the ladies said "yea you're gonna have to watch yourself because the ladies are really gonna flirt with you"

Okay, so I just logged on YouTube for the first time in a minute...and I know I said earlier that compliments about my music aren't my favorite, but I may have to re-think that. I got some real gems on some of my Janet remixes:

Janet feat. Jevar - Ruff (Remix)

Aaliyon101: OMG EPIC!!!! I LOVE THIS VERSION!!!! Where can i download this?

Janecia Jackson: @LyricalLesson send me the link plz! i love it

RhythmNationSolider: omg that was hot! can u post a download likn please?

Janet feat. Jevar - What Can I Say (LyricalLesson Remix)

kells881: This song is ILL as shit!!!!! It needs to be released so the public can hear it. I am putting this on my I-Pod>

THIS IS THE BEST ONE YET!

dajours: Wow.... Im incredibly impressed man...... I consider myself Janets' Number fan and rate this track as my No. 3 all time fav janet single.... and I must say.. you did me and Jan proud... seriously dude... - im sooooo needing this for my pod man.. no bullshit... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dajours: @LyricalLesson - you are very welcome bruh - you did Janet proud and im even more excited that i play your rendition of this track and share with my other janet fans.... Thank you so much man... really appreciate it...

:excited::blush::D:blush::excited:

Not to brag, but recently I have been getting my fair share of compliments. Things like, You look good, You smell great, You've lost weight! and so on. It's kinda strange for me cuz I'm not used to receiving compliments, lol. I just say something like, thank you, that's very nice, etc. But yeah, it's v. awk.

Not to brag, but recently I have been getting my fair share of compliments. Things like, You look good, You smell great, You've lost weight! and so on. It's kinda strange for me cuz I'm not used to receiving compliments, lol. I just say something like, thank you, that's very nice, etc. But yeah, it's v. awk.

U better werk

Nothing better than people making u feel good about urself

That's great ^_^

Aww Willzebub. ^_^

Probably the same for me, as far as weight-loss goes. Though, such compliments are only positive in the beginning; after this four-year progression, I don't care to be reminded that I used to be a heifer.

And yes, I used to serve jew-fro cunt.

Archived